Page 116 of 376 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166216 ... LastLast
Results 2,876 to 2,900 of 9382
    foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bobby Marks estimated his value would be a little more than what he made this year. 22 mill to 25 sounds about right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Media...

"There's no way the Spurs have the cap space to sign CP3, but Houston can easily afford CP3 and Paul George on max contracts and stay under the cap."
    I think Spurs reluctance to part with their core/HoF players is what drives that, though it was certainly taken too far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When are we going to get a player that tells their team they only want to go to SA and force their way here
    it doesn't exist.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, while I wouldn't be pissed or anything, I'm not on the Millsap bandwagon. He's basically a worse version of LMA at everything except passing.
    I am not high on him either.

But it is slim pickins. Frankly, I prefer Blake personally, but I don't expect him either. Plus him punching a staff member? I don't know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am not high on him either.

But it is slim pickins. Frankly, I prefer Blake personally, but I don't expect him either. Plus him punching a staff member? I don't know.
    Blake seems like a good enough dude that is self aware. I'm sure injuries plus playing with CP3 took it's toll

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather have Faried over Millsap at the max

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is where I'm at right now with what I'd like to see

Murray/White/Parker
    Leonard/Green/Forbes
    Iguodala/Simmons/Blossomgame
    Millsap/Anderson/Bertans
    Gasol/Milutinov/????

You keep Green. Use cap to sign Andre. 15-18 mill. S&T Aldridge for Millsap, Aldridge going to another team and Atlanta getting a pick from us or other team. Pau Gasol on Mid Level deal. Still have the room exception or bi annual for Hanga or a big and then what's left get another big.

Love the potential of this lineup though. So many guards to throw on others for defense. Small ball lineup would be great and you would have so many options. I get the Iggy age arguments but let's face he's probably gonna want to win and get more money and you want him off GS. Here he starts and can legitimately have a chance at GS to give them a good series. I'm looking at 3 year deals for both.

You could close with Simmons/Green/Leonard/Iggy/Millsap. That lineup would be insane on D and not too shabby on offense.

I've talked myself out of the Hill scenarios cause if you believe Murray is the guard of the future then he needs his space. You have higher upside in Murray and you don't have conflicting rotations.
    I don't like Gasol starting...I suppose good perimeter defenders can attempt to cover for him, but I see Gasol as really a bench big right now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Millsap for more than 3 years would be a disaster. Even a three year deal likely includes a crap third year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently he is wanting 30 mil a year. At his age, the spurs should take a pass on him. Not worth anything near that price tag.

These contracts are rising faster than interest rates in the seventies.

It's like the nba is gizmo and some dumb bas fed it after midnight. It's escalating out if control.
    Already the cap is lower than expected this season and I think Chinook has made a point somewhere about how it may stall completely or even contract and then teams are suffocated by all these contracts. IMO, it's not wise to give such luxurious contracts to guys over 32/33 years old already. I mean I was concerned JSimms was going to be overpaid, and at least he will be 28 going into next season. If he was 32/33? No way.

Anyways, I am purely a spectator at this point. I really can't get an angle on Spurs moves.
    they may even stand pat and rely on younger player development.. which I have been fine with so long as Pop does play those players and doesn't keep going to the old crew while keeping those guys benched.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Millsap for more than 3 years would be a disaster. Even a three year deal likely includes a crap third year.
    Um, close call. Millsap will age better than LMA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God ST doesn't want anybody..

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't like Gasol starting...I suppose good perimeter defenders can attempt to cover for him, but I see Gasol as really a bench big right now.
    I do... he doesn't have to close and I know your concerned about defense but with all the defenders around him it should be a top defense in the league, second to none. But what I really have him there is for his spacing, passing and experience. The ball should really move with that lineup.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I had to put money on it, I think we will definitely make some substantial moves this off season. Kawhi was really over worked this year and pop & co. know they must do something asap or run the risk of him looking elsewhere for relief. It will be corrected......

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Already the cap is lower than expected this season and I think Chinook has made a point somewhere about how it may stall completely or even contract and then teams are suffocated by all these contracts. IMO, it's not wise to give such luxurious contracts to guys over 32/33 years old already. I mean I was concerned JSimms was going to be overpaid, and at least he will be 28 going into next season. If he was 32/33? No way.

Anyways, I am purely a spectator at this point. I really can't get an angle on Spurs moves.
    they may even stand pat and rely on younger player development.. which I have been fine with so long as Pop does play those players and doesn't keep going to the old crew while keeping those guys benched.
    Also, as somebody posted, PATFO is, no doubt, looking to the future Kawhi supermax that they will be paying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I had to put money on it, I think we will definitely make some substantial moves this off season. Kawhi was really over worked this year and pop & co. know they must do something asap or run the risk of him looking elsewhere for relief. It will be corrected......
    I hope you are right. I know we have disagreed often... but I really hope they make some improvement.

I think they need to move LMA, it starts from there and we just can't know what Spurs are going to get in exchange for him. It's even possible something has already been worked out (Gosh, I probably am talking myself into that one ... )

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #BuiltNotBought

Kawhi Leonard
    Bryn Forbes
    Kyle Anderson
    Derrick White
    Danny Green
    Adam Hanga
    Jaron Blossomgame
    Dejounte Murray
    Davis Bertans
    Tony Parker
    Look at this roster

Let's be honest. Spurs have no shot next year. Might as well tank for a season, maintain cap flexibility, and hand Murray the keys while Kawhi "recovers" from a training camp season ending injury

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Um, close call. Millsap will age better than LMA.
    I don't see that at all. Millsap relies on speed. He is undersized for a pf. Has great foot speed for defense and hops. He will struggle at center.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blake seems like a good enough dude that is self aware. I'm sure injuries plus playing with CP3 took it's toll
    He is a young earth creationists. Dumb as dog biscuits.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do... he doesn't have to close and I know your concerned about defense but with all the defenders around him it should be a top defense in the league, second to none. But what I really have him there is for his spacing, passing and experience. The ball should really move with that lineup.
    nah.. that is how the Spurs were giving up 75 points first halves of games, 40 point quarters etc. those were the slow defensive starts.
    I do not want Pau starting. he's fine off the bench though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LA to PHX for space + Chriss.

Use space to absorb Vonleh, Davis, Harkless from POR. Zach Collins/ Swanigan were drafted -- making Vonleh/ Davis expendable. This also relieves POR cap situation.

Looks like everyone hates the FA available outside of Blake/ Hayward, so lets think outside the box. Less risk, high reward moves centered around youth and versatility. Davis has 1 yr left, SA can take over Vonlehs rights, Harkless has decent value, Chriss is on rookie contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So much deadweight on this roster and I don't wanna see another year of kawhis prime wasted. He may be the best player in the league next year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Nuggets, Spurs and Rockets have expressed interest in Paul Millsap.(via @HoopsRumors)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Millsap is willing to take 3/65 to 3/75, I think that's worth making the move to get going

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Nuggets, Spurs and Rockets have expressed interest in Paul Millsap.(via @HoopsRumors)

What the is up with his nose? tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information