Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Former 13-year NBA referee Tim Donaghy was at the center of a huge NBA gambling scandal before resigning in 2007. He served time in prison and since has been critical about NBA refs call games.

In an interview with chicagonow.com, Donaghy spoke on the 2007 San Antonio Spurs-Phoenix Suns playoff series. Take it for what you will, Donaghy talks about how another NBA referee was steering the series in San Antonio’s favor, the infamous Robert Horry hit on Steve Nash, and more

Again these are Donaghy’s words and strictly his own and not of this site. This is just for your consideration.

Donaghy on whether the 2007 Spurs-Suns series was stolen from Phoenix:

TD: I write in the book that there’s no doubt I feel the Phoenix Suns were the best team in in the league in 2007. And that whole series was officiated poorly, and I give the reasons in the book as to why I feel it was officiated poorly. And one of the reasons is that Tommy Nunez was the supervisor of officials in that series. And he had a dislike for the (Suns) owner Robert Sarver, and he enjoyed the lifestyle in San Antonio, and liked to get back in the next round of the playoffs and continue to go to San Antonio. So it was a situation that he was steering the series to San Antonio in tape sessions.

Donaghy on whether the series was gambled on by refs or if it just came down to poor officiating:

TD: People don’t realize that at that time we weren’t even betting any more because the guy who was involved in the scheme ended up going into rehab, so we were done betting at that time for about a month. So that was just a poorly officiated series from game one all the way until the last game.

Donaghy on the scuffle between Horry, Nash, Spurs and Suns:

TD: Certainly that was mishandled with the subjectivity of the league office as to whether to suspend somebody for doing what they did. Look at what happened with the Miami-Dallas game. Do you think they would have suspended all those players for a game 7? Had there been a game 7, with all those players leaving the bench area the way they did. The rule clearly states you can’t leave the bench area to get involved in an altercation, whether the time out exists or not. In all reality, I doubt they would have suspended all of those players for a game 7. and I don’t think it was handled properly with Phoenix in 2007.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only pussies and assholes...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Only pussies and assholes...
    ^^

let us proceed...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim Donaghy: “2002 kings vs Lakers was fixed”

what's your point got

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

what's your point got
    His point is that he's M-A-D

"Why does it still bug me"

"There is nothing I could do about it except & cry"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmm yeah,, it was fixed because they enforced a rule about leaving the bench.

I want to be a crooked ref. My angle would be to call traveling and 8 seconds violations. Total mayhem there.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Was that the series where Duncan hit that 3 over a charging Daddy?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I ALWAYS thought that series was STOLEN from the Suns sons. Some bull tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Story from 2011?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Story from 2011?

You asshole you

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You asshole you
    Yeah they can dish it but not take it. Unlike Duncan who can do both

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably the weakest Spurs championship, tbh, for a number of reasons... but we'll count it anyways...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You asshole you

PRESSURE MAKES DIAMONDS
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

what's your point got
    This.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This isn't news, Humberto. I'm sure the Horry/Nash hit has been discussed ad nauseam on this site. Just because that got Tim Donaghy opens his mouth again (in an attempt to stay relevant) don't mention me in the thread. I don't give two s what that guy thinks.

As stated earlier ITT......"Only pussies and assholes"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Story from 2011?

This isn't news, Humberto. I'm sure the Horry/Nash hit has been discussed ad nauseam on this site. Just because that got Tim Donaghy opens his mouth again (in an attempt to stay relevant) don't mention me in the thread. I don't give two s what that guy thinks.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably the weakest Spurs championship, tbh, for a number of reasons... but we'll count it anyways...
    Agree.

1) The "We Believe" Dublets beat the 67 win team we (and probably nobody else, even Phoenix only had a small chance without HCA) could not possibly beat in a 7 game series
    2) The iffy reffing/commissioning by the NBA in the Suns series that kind of went our way (the only time ever for us in history)
    3) The Jazz were a trash fluke team that peaked in November/December 2006 early that season. They were roughly .500 after the All-Star break. They had no chance
    4) Lebron's fluke game and Rasheed's bad temper deprived NBA defense junkies and close battle fans of another long, grind-it-out series to the death between the Spurs and Pistons

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was that the series where Duncan hit that 3 over a charging Daddy?
    no, that was 2008 game 1, in the first overtime. Spurs won that series in 5, beat the Hornets in 7, then were crushed by Kobe & Co. in the WCF. (Barry foul would have only tied it & Lakers would have won in OT or at worst won in 6, they were clearly the better team).

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Nope...don't forget 1999*

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My cousin Jose Canseco was right about dem roids, why can't TD be right about dem Sp*rs?

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My cousin Jose Canseco was right about dem roids, why can't TD be right about dem Sp*rs?
    They thought they was gonna drive him across the bridge away from Jerkwater, USA and be done with him.

Uh, uh. He zipped his fatigue jacket, turned the collar up and came back across.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Well then he must be right about the Fakers/Kings series too right?

I guess this is the part where you tell me it's the rigged officials fault that the Suns players left the bench,

Nobody forced Amar'e and Diaw to go full re and leave the bench. They did that on their own. It's the rules, hijo. Leave the bench during a "fight" = Suspension

I'm done with this conversation, Angel. Already have two posts about the opinions of Tim Donaghy. That's two too many....

Thread Information