Page 65 of 68 FirstFirst ... 15556162636465666768 LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 1677
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sources say DeMar DeRozan had serious interest in finding a way to play for his hometown Lakers via sign-and-trade with San Antonio, but the Westbrook move ended that possibility and it remains very possible that he returns to the Spurs.

Per the athletic
    that last sentence, I know it’s going to happen

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs and suns interested in bringing (back) dieng

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurs cant playoff with derozan, and will not have space to max collins or sign a decent piece if we pay derozan. Might as well not have derozan and miss playoff just the same

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Derozan comes back, will he be the longest tenured player of being hated by the teams fanbase?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not speaking for others, but i dont hate him. Its kawhi's fault, its not his fault. he is just as much of a collateral damage

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of the aggregators mentioned Detroit as another possibility?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve been one of the biggest Demar supporters here but it’s time to move on lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I disagree.......Duncan Robinson is a sniper!
    Duncan Robinson is a value at his current cost, not so much at 8 figures per year. He’s just a 6’9” Forbes. Like Bryn, he literally does nothing else, and sucks ass on defense.

They had a chance to draft a 6’9” guy with a 50/43/93 shooting line and elite help defense, and passed. I don’t think they’ll be interested in the homeless man’s version
    Last edited by exstatic; 08-02-2021 at 09:32 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alot of people are gonna moan about this but resigning DDR makes sense to secure an asset. Of course it comes to price. But it'll be nice if the Spurs just put the right players around them and finding a starting 4 should be the priority.
    He’s not an asset if SA couldn’t trade him while under contract and then no one wanted him when he was a FA. That’s the definition of an anchor at that point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Derozan comes back, will he be the longest tenured player of being hated by the teams fanbase?
    I think "hate" is a bit of a harsh word for DeRozan. At this point, he just is what he is. There should be no expectation that is ever going to change significantly (although I'm gonna be pissed if he goes somewhere else and starts chucking up threes)

By all accounts, he made the most of a situation not of his choosing. He came to San Antonio and played like a professional, fulfilled his contract, and did his best to win with a limited roster. Like DPG21920, the fact that he wasn't traded despite rumors could be as much of an indictment on him as it is the Spurs...it takes two partners to make a deal, and they definitely should not have taken negative value just for the sake of moving him.

The problem is that he is too good and too compe ive to really let the the Spurs go iton rebuilding mode, but not good enough on his own to get us over the hump (or even into the playoffs, apparently). With him, we would likely just be stuck picking in the 10-15 range again.

I'd rather let him go compete somewhere, and the Spurs can choose a new direction...whether that means tank or re-tool, it's time for this experiment to be over.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He's not turning down that much money. A sign and trade will likely happen of he wants to reunite with lowry and with his boy Jimmy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not turning down that much money. A sign and trade will likely happen of he wants to reunite with lowry and with his boy Jimmy.
    I don’t know. I can def see him doing a 1+1 starting at full MLE (~$10M), and getting a wink wink with MIA to make him whole next year. They have a track record of doing that.

The difference with Lakers MLE offer, is, as I understand it, it is for a much smaller amount bc they’re “tax payers.”

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan Robinson is a value at his current cost, not so much at 8 figures per year. He’s just a 6’9” Forbes. Like Bryn, he literally does nothing else, and sucks ass on defense.

They had a chance to draft a 6’9” guy with a 50/43/93 shooting line and elite help defense, and passed. I don’t think they’ll be interested in the homeless man’s version
    They did draft a 6'7" version of Forbes (with much better wingspan and atheleticism)...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s not an asset if SA couldn’t trade him while under contract and then no one wanted him when he was a FA. That’s the definition of an anchor at that point.
    I don't mind DDR back on the right deal (for us). I just don't think he's going to sign something like $15-17M/annually until his other options are exhausted...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they aren't keeping Dieng then Theis would be alright. Just don't overpay if possible. 3/15 or so.
    Personally, I'd rather pay Dieng than Theiss; he's a better player. Neither of them are long-term keepers for skill... and Dieng seems a good personality fit.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR is still a great player. But the problem is that he would be a great 2 or 3 best player on a team, not a 1. He is great for the Spurs if you want to make a push to make the playoffs, even though that effort has failed two years in a row. But he has kept us right there on the verge of the 8th seed. But this is not a team that is like the Suns, where we had a great team and we were maturing into a compe ive playoff team. This is a team that is in desperate need of a rebuild. DDR just delays that another year, especially because next year is also supposed to be a strong draft. All we hear about is the Spurs trying to trade down, well guess what, you aren't trading down into the top 5. Teams rarely trade those picks and we don't have anything to give to get a top 5 pick. So they only way to try the lottery odds are to bottom out. I'm not a DDR hater. I think he is a quality player that does a lot of good things, but at his age, he should be playing for a team that will make the playoffs and has a shot of contending, not a team that is so young and unproven that it will take probably 2 or 3 years before they are ready to be in the position Phoenix was in to start last season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is straight up terrifying. He's basically big man version of Bryn Forbes but actually a worse shooter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't want DeRozan back at all. The problem with him is that if you replace him with a 3-and-D guy you'll most likely come out with the same result. If that 3-and-D player gives up 8 points less per game than DeRozan and scores 12 points you have DeRozan's 20 PPG plus better spacing. Makes no sense to pay the guy that money. We would win the same amount of games with Danny Green playing SF

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chatter of DDR going Heat for full MLE (9-10 mil) on twitter. I'm sure we will hear a lot more today before 6 pm EST.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't want DeRozan back at all. The problem with him is that if you replace him with a 3-and-D guy you'll most likely come out with the same result. If that 3-and-D player gives up 8 points less per game than DeRozan and scores 12 points you have DeRozan's 20 PPG plus better spacing. Makes no sense to pay the guy that money. We would win the same amount of games with Danny Green playing SF
    If he actually stays, I'm done.
    This needs to be a season where we find out if DJ, Derrick and Lonnie can actually make the next step.
    We saw our ceiling with Demar, first round sweep at best.

Him leaving is a win-win situation. Either the young guys finally improve or we get a top10 pick. 8th-10th seed purgatory year in and year out is the worst thing that can happen to any team.

Patty also needs to go. Not because he can't be useful, but because we already have too many guards and Pop still thinks it's better for Patty to just keep chucking while Lonnie sits in the corner.

Signing Markkanen would be the final proof that PATFO has completely lost it.
    He's disgustingly bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alot of people are gonna moan about this but resigning DDR makes sense to secure an asset. Of course it comes to price. But it'll be nice if the Spurs just put the right players around them and finding a starting 4 should be the priority.
    I feel the same way If nothing materializes, however how great have the spurs been at dealing assets lately? Might just end up prolonging other players development more while securing very little. This front office needs a businessman running the trades.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he actually stays, I'm done.
    This needs to be a season where we find out if DJ, Derrick and Lonnie can actually make the next step.
    We saw our ceiling with Demar, first round sweep at best.

Him leaving is a win-win situation. Either the young guys finally improve or we get a top10 pick. 8th-10th seed purgatory year in and year out is the worst thing that can happen to any team.

Patty also needs to go. Not because he can't be useful, but because we already have too many guards and Pop still thinks it's better for Patty to just keep chucking while Lonnie sits in the corner.

Signing Markkanen would be the final proof that PATFO has completely lost it.
    He's disgustingly bad.
    I'm with you on that. Give all the shots to Walker. Everytime DeRozan didn't play Walker scored 20 with ease. Like I said best case scenario is they can get Collins and get somebody like Myles Turner, Siakam or Simmons in a trade

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has since deleted this one too.
    Figures

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    • Gorgui Dieng has generated interest from the Suns and Spurs at around the biannual exception amount of $3.7 million.

Thread Information