Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since it's the first time you've delved into the cell phone world, KISS would seem to apply. Go with AT&T (I too have had no problems with them over the years) and you can change later once your contract runs out.
    kiss???

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keep It Simple, Stupid.

Great advice. Hurts my feelings every time.

Like he said though, unlocked iPhones can even be tricky for people who REALLY know how to handle them. And if something goes wrong with it, you better know damn well how to fix it yourself.

Considering this is your first venture with the product line, I would recommend sticking with the AT&T so you have their Technical Support available to you, as well as Apple's.

Neither Apple nor AT&T will give two s if your unlocked iPhone stops working.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but you can alway youtube a fix or fond someone locally who will hook it up for you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    did anyone get their hands on a phone today...I tried but the lines were too long for me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a bid in on a 16 GB phone on Ebay.

Wish me lucky.

Thanks for the advice Dex.

Appreciate you guys dumbing down the explanations for someone like me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am using the Samsung Instinct to post right now. This phone is badass. Seems like a good version of the iphone for the Sprint users.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a bid in on a 16 GB phone on Ebay.

Wish me lucky.

Thanks for the advice Dex.

Appreciate you guys dumbing down the explanations for someone like me
    Go T Park, Go!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I won the bid for it!!!

Now I hope ATT accepts this phone, its supposedly unlocked. Hopefully they don't get pissed or I get arressted

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I won the bid for it!!!

Now I hope ATT accepts this phone, its supposedly unlocked. Hopefully they don't get pissed or I get arressted
    I think if you connect to iTunes on your PC, it may be able to reset the phone to factory spec. I've also heard that if you upgrade to the 2.0 software, it re-locks the phone, too.

If you don't have iTunes now, get it. You'll need it to port music onto your iPhone anyways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When my contract is up with this Razrv3 I'll probably give in and get that iphone 3G. It's 8GB right?

What kind of service plans are there for the iphone with AT&T? It would suck to have everything but the internet or some .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it true all AT&T iphone plans have just 200SMS text messages a month?

WTF is that? I use 200 texts in a week man. 100 out and 100 in... come the on...

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

WTF is that? I use 200 texts in a week man. 100 out and 100 in... come the on...
    outbound texts are billable, not inbound.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    got mine today...and 200 text is the smallest plan they have...on my old phone the next up was 400 text but not the next up was like 1000 text a month or some so there is more then just the 200 texts a month and also an unlimited plan I believe

and just like lee said when you have text in your plan only outbound text are chargable

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well I've educated myself. If you have an iphone any plan you get you'll have internet and email, as well as gps and all that stuff. I just can't find any plans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    outbound texts are billable, not inbound.
    So me ing out people for sending 4 pages of one text was pointless huh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So me ing out people for sending 4 pages of one text was pointless huh.
    again only true if you have a text message plan...if you dont then you get billed for text going in and out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My plan is 200 a month. So yep.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think if you connect to iTunes on your PC, it may be able to reset the phone to factory spec. I've also heard that if you upgrade to the 2.0 software, it re-locks the phone, too.

If you don't have iTunes now, get it. You'll need it to port music onto your iPhone anyways.
    Yeah I've had an Ipod for a while so having Itunes is no biggie.

Thanks for the insight, this whole Iphone thing has been, different.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The original yes. Its included in the $20 data plan.

iPhone 3G is a little more unfriendly at $30 for data and ZERO texts. You need to add a text plan with it.

needs a margarita
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The original yes. Its included in the $20 data plan.

iPhone 3G is a little more unfriendly at $30 for data and ZERO texts. You need to add a text plan with it.
    Yeah...I've also heard the battery life in the 3G doesn't last as long as the original phones.

FWIW--We have the 700 min rollever family plan. We never go over our minutes, so we have well over 6000 minutes. Since we have 3 phones on our plan, I switched to the unlimited texting plan. It's $30 a month, so $10/phone. My husband and I both have iPhones that had the 200 texts, and my son had 400 texts for $10/mo. So the texting plan we have now is a steal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah...I've also heard the battery life in the 3G doesn't last as long as the original phones.

FWIW--We have the 700 min rollever family plan. We never go over our minutes, so we have well over 6000 minutes. Since we have 3 phones on our plan, I switched to the unlimited texting plan. It's $30 a month, so $10/phone. My husband and I both have iPhones that had the 200 texts, and my son had 400 texts for $10/mo. So the texting plan we have now is a steal.

Yeah there's some complaints on the battery life, but in fairness though 3G and a GPS radio will eat battery up very fast.
    Also on HowardForums.com, a cellphone forum, in the Apple section alot of folks are kind of saying that the 3G iPhone has gimped 3G.
    I tend to believe this somewhat, but also AT&T's 3G network is really frail and pathetic too and can't handle the thats unleashed on it with all these new 3G iPhones.
    I tend to think the iPhone is gimped because I've tested a N95 and a Blackjack and got way way faster speeds on them than what people are saying on the iPhone. 200-500kbps on the iPhone smells funny especially when a older blackjack and the N95 in the same area and spot came in at averages around 850-1.2kbps.

Orange Whip? Orange Whip? Viva Las Espuelas's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah there's some complaints on the battery life, but in fairness though 3G and a GPS radio will eat battery up very fast.
    Also on HowardForums.com, a cellphone forum, in the Apple section alot of folks are kind of saying that the 3G iPhone has gimped 3G.
    I tend to believe this somewhat, but also AT&T's 3G network is really frail and pathetic too and can't handle the thats unleashed on it with all these new 3G iPhones.
    I tend to think the iPhone is gimped because I've tested a N95 and a Blackjack and got way way faster speeds on them than what people are saying on the iPhone. 200-500kbps on the iPhone smells funny especially when a older blackjack and the N95 in the same area and spot came in at averages around 850-1.2kbps.

what do you think of the n95 and it's successors? i've always like nokia products. the first one i had was a tank. i really didn't care for the 5530. i don't know why i got that one. anyway, your thoughts on nokias?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what do you think of the n95 and it's successors? i've always like nokia products. the first one i had was a tank. i really didn't care for the 5530. i don't know why i got that one. anyway, your thoughts on nokias?
    I really like the Nokia N95 8GB alot. Its a very badass phone, and Symbian isn't a piece of OS either. I really like the simplicity and smoothness of iPhone and really the experience on the Safari browser is the only reason I keep one, but the Nokias browser I think supports Flash so you can view alot of websites like a desktop like Youtube and not mobile m.youtube.com. You can add a 3rd party one too and alot of other 3rd party apps too so its not limited.

Nokia makes solid phones and I think I will get this one for sure for myself too. I borrowed someones to use and I really liked it, so I'll probably sell my iPhone and when work gives me a 3G that too . I really don't like ing Windows Mobile as you have to hack and tweak and mess with registrys and thats a big PITA otherwise I'd get a tilt, but also

Price wise since Nokia's N95 doesn't meet AT&T's definition of a Smartphone *no QWERTY pad* you can use the cheaper 15 buck a month data plan and still use 3G not just edge. Tilt and iPhone have to use AT&T's $30 a month PDA plans.

I would think the Nokia N95 is a better overall phone in terms of features and functionality just by an edge NOT really a big gap, but thats just my opinion there.

Orange Whip? Orange Whip? Viva Las Espuelas's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really like the Nokia N95 8GB alot. Its a very badass phone, and Symbian isn't a piece of OS either. I really like the simplicity and smoothness of iPhone and really the experience on the Safari browser is the only reason I keep one, but the Nokias browser I think supports Flash so you can view alot of websites like a desktop like Youtube and not mobile m.youtube.com. You can add a 3rd party one too and alot of other 3rd party apps too so its not limited.

Nokia makes solid phones and I think I will get this one for sure for myself too. I borrowed someones to use and I really liked it, so I'll probably sell my iPhone and when work gives me a 3G that too . I really don't like ing Windows Mobile as you have to hack and tweak and mess with registrys and thats a big PITA otherwise I'd get a tilt, but also

Price wise since Nokia's N95 doesn't meet AT&T's definition of a Smartphone *no QWERTY pad* you can use the cheaper 15 buck a month data plan and still use 3G not just edge. Tilt and iPhone have to use AT&T's $30 a month PDA plans.

I would think the Nokia N95 is a better overall phone in terms of features and functionality just by an edge NOT really a big gap, but thats just my opinion there.
    thanks for the info. i have a htc shadow and i like it. i dig that it's wifi. i'm a cheap mexican and didn't get the hotzone deal. just search for wifi signals. i kinda don't like windows mobile. do you have any good hack sites for it?

Thread Information