Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Admit it.... who of you are paying that.

Man o man lord knows I'm going to break and do it myself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think what I would hate the most of that unlimited plan is that there's no text messages included, but all-in-all, it doesn't seem like $130 is too bad, because, let's face it, there's going to be a premium to any iPhone plan anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    iPod Touch Plan....399 down payment, $0 a month

"Have to check the film" PixelPusher's Avatar
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    I think what I would hate the most of that unlimited plan is that there's no text messages included, but all-in-all, it doesn't seem like $130 is too bad, because, let's face it, there's going to be a premium to any iPhone plan anyway.
    SMS is the biggest scam in telecommunications history. 20 cents for a couple of bytes of data?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats the plans?!!?

Oh my god...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    iPod Touch Plan....399 down payment, $0 a month
    You mean iPhone? I'm confused. You got a link?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    iPod Touch.

It's like an iPhone, but without the phone or the camera. Or the bill.

Internet works only WiFi, but there are plenty of Wifi spots popping up.

I've already signed my life over to Sprint and get unlimited texting, so I just use my iTouch to get my constant internet fix.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    iPod.

It's like an iPhone, without the phone or the camera. Or the bill.

Internet works only WiFi, but there are plenty of Wifi spots popping up.
    Then.. what do you use for a phone??

And the WiFi thing is a mess. You have to have an ISP set up and in range of your router from what I hear.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then.. what do you use for a phone??

And the WiFi thing is a mess. You have to have an ISP set up and in range of your router from what I hear.
    I use my phone for a phone. I've been with Sprint for like 6 years and have never had to actually buy a phone, and I'm okay with that.

As for WiFi, you can find public WiFi networks everywhere these days. Most Starbucks and coffeeshops will try to rip you off and pay fees for one-time connections, but a lot of restaurants, malls, and other hangout places are opening up their own free public WiFi networks.

As for having your own WiFi network around your house, that does require hooking up a wireless router to your modem/internet connection, but that's just the way it goes. But as more and more people do that, you can continually find people who aren't smart enough to secure them, and then ta-da, more free internet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Screw all that and the iPhone.

Consumer reviews have toasted the iPhone 3G. (phonearena.com)

I'm going with the LG Dare with Verizon. Better phone, great reviews, better wireless service, list goes on. And it doesn't require any WiFi BS.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, Sprint has a Simply everything plan for....

Everything your phone, PDA or smartphone can do nationwide — text, surf, email, listen, watch, find and, of course, talk — on one simple plan.
    This plan includes

* Unlimited mobile internet and messaging: Web surfing, email, GPS Navigation, Sprint Music, Sprint TV®, BlackBerry® Internet Services (BIS), text, pictures, video
    * Domestic long distance and roaming
    * 900/450 plans: Unlimited mobile to mobile, night calling starting at 7 p.m. and weekends
    * For multiple lines, call 1-866-866-7509 to order
    * More about what’s included in this plan

Anytime Minutes Monthly Price Additional Anytime Minutes
    450 $69.99 45¢/min
    900 $89.99 40¢/min
    Unlimited $99.99 Unlimited

I got the 450 $69.99 for my Samsung Instinct and with my work discount it's about 50 bucks. Visual voicemail is also included.
    Last edited by Slydragon; 07-13-2008 at 09:22 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought you had an iphone ? Heard instinct was a tight ass phone

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought you had an iphone ? Heard instinct was a tight ass phone
    Nope, I have always been with Sprint. My last phone was a Moto Q so compared to that it's way better. I like it, Few small odd thing I miss are. A signature for my texts. How does this phone not have that?

Web needs to be a bit better, I hate scrolling side to side to read everything. I do this allot when I visit SpursTalk at work. The size for the text is too big or too small to read. It needs a option for the middle of the small and the big.

GTL: Gym, Tan, Laundry Thunder Dan's Avatar
    My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    are apple stores selling out of Iphones or do they have them available?

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    are apple stores selling out of Iphones or do they have them available?
    http://www.apple.com/retail/iphone/availability.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Screw all that and the iPhone.

Consumer reviews have toasted the iPhone 3G. (phonearena.com)

I'm going with the LG Dare with Verizon. Better phone, great reviews, better wireless service, list goes on. And it doesn't require any WiFi BS.
    you're an idiot. that site gave the iPhone a good review anyway. Why don't you read a review on a real tech site instead of phonearena.com? The UI on the Dare is a mess.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    nice thanks! I don't feel like driving there and not getting one...and no way will I wait in line

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you're an idiot. that site gave the iPhone a good review anyway. Why don't you read a review on a real tech site instead of phonearena.com? The UI on the Dare is a mess.
    The ratings for the iPhone blow. And I have reviewed and compared all day yesterday and the Dare blew it out the water bud. Verizon is a better network regardless. You probably speak from your ass because you got the iPhone anyhow, but I'm an idiot huh. Facts are facts get over it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PhoneArena
    iPhone 3G:
    Editor Rating- 8
    Consumer Rating 8.1 out of 7 reviews

There are only 7 consumer reviews for this insanely popular phone! Just 7!! And if you read them the Dare is mentioned twice LMAO, along with how the messaging is bunk, and the prices are bunk, and a guy that even rated it 10 said "this is not the best phone out there, but" .. and 7 reviews since June 9th shows me people are buying this phone out of popularity and impulse. Numerous other "tech" sites mention the iPhone wealth has been based on popularity and not quality nor service.
    http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/Appl...ne-p_2962.html

LG Dare
    Editor Rating- 9
    Consumer Review- 9.5 out of 95 Reviews

The Dare has 3 months on the iPhone3G which was supposed to be Apple's new and improved iPhone and still failed to compare in reviews and ratings. If you check it out consumers love the fact that WiFi is not needed to access the internet, and that you can picture message and have better call quality to name a few. They even make a version for fat people or fat fingers. The only drawback I have found on the net is the touch screen is not as fancy as the iPhone.
    http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/LG-D...e-pb_2669.html

Phone Arena is the biggest consumer guide to reviewing and rating phones. However there is Phone Scoop there in second. If you want to compare phones side by side click...
    http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/compare.php?id[]=1656&id[]=1524&id[]=&id[]=&id[]=

Even there does the Dare have better consumer ratings. Like I said facts are facts, and in the end it's about what you like best personally. But the iPhone is a popularity trip therefor I tend to ignore most binge users. If you just want a high res heavier phone with a little bit more battery life and careless about the rest then go with the iPhone. However Dare runs on a better network, contains picture messaging which seems to be the biggest complaint, and does not require WiFi. You are already connected wherever you go with Dare.

So to close, reading those sites, and around the net my conclusion has left me to go check out the Dare, which is in fact the best phone on the market from everything I have read.

Thanks idiot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do you think the iPhone requires WiFi? Every single major tech site has the iPhone rated way better than the clunky pos iPhone clone Dare. Engadget, Gizmodo, the list goes on. The only drawback being the screen and the UI should be a clue. We get it, you like Verizon so the Dare is better.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    <---(Gets popcorn and sits back to watch this argument blossom over cell phones)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I called my AT&T guy in town and he told me about it, that's how dude. And even he said off the record "I wouldn't blame you if you did" meaning go to Verizon and get the Dare. That says a lot. And all I need to know.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    I called my AT&T guy in town and he told me about it, that's how dude. And even he said off the record "I wouldn't blame you if you did" meaning go to Verizon and get the Dare. That says a lot. And all I need to know.

My guy is cooler than your ATT guy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My guy is cooler than your ATT guy

I agree, too bad Big Red is going to swallow up him and Alltel and his days are numbered. That is if the government approves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Riot

Thread Information