Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    I wish Dana would stop cussing...

I know he's trying to be anti corporate but stillll

I love watching Florian. When he first came in I didn't think he would last more than one fight in the UFC.

But the dude is a savage.

Post Count
    I know he was picked last on TUF and surprisingly made the finale only then to be destroyed by Diego Sanchez. I thought he had zero future. But he dropped to LW and became a player in the division and is now one of my favorite fighters. No way he should have ever been at MW though. He actually wasn't even supposed to on TUF 1. I think the story was Dana went to go look at Drew Fickett for the Ultimate Fighter and he was fighting an unknown Kenny Florian that night and Kenny supposedly was a warrior and took a decision loss, but looked good enough that the UFC asked Kenny to come on the show. I'd love to see that fight if someone would link it.

Post Count
    I like Kenny a lot and I know people get sick of seeing TUF fighters on PPV's but so many of these guys turn into legit fighters.

Seeking the quiet mind desflood's Avatar
    Post Count
    Main card

Georges St. Pierre vs. Jon Fitch
    Kenny Florian vs. Roger Huerta
    Brock Lesnar vs. Heath Herring
    Manny Gamburyan vs. Rob Emerson
    Jason MacDonald vs. Demian Maia

Pre-Lims

Welterweight Bout: Chris Wilson vs. Steve Bruno
    Welterweight Bout: Ben Saunders vs. Jared Rollins
    Welterweight Bout: Luke mo vs. Tamdan McCrory
    Light Heavyweight bout: Andre Gusmao vs. Razak Al-Hussan

Florian/Huerta I couldn't pick. A year ago the choice would have been Ken by a landslide, but now I'm not so sure.

Post Count
    It would be nice to get a vbookie on herring/lesnar and florian/huerta. but i lost all my cash so it would be pointless for me.

Dirk Administers THE SHOCKER LEONARD's Avatar
    Post Count
    Kori hates us

Post Count
    everyone that likes MMA has a collective of $200 anyway.

Post Count
    everyone that likes MMA has a collective of $200 anyway.
    LOL, actually with the economy and my loans and bills i have right now, i really could not afford the last 2 UFC's. But i had this one circled on my calender for a while. Any GSP fight is worth my money.

Post Count
    LOL, actually with the economy and my loans and bills i have right now, i really could not afford the last 2 UFC's. But i had this one circled on my calender for a while. Any GSP fight is worth my money.
    I meant to gamble but it looks like you're set.

Thank God I'm a country boy! djohn14's Avatar
    Post Count
    dbreiden...you do know you can watch it on the internet if worse comes to worse?

Post Count
    dbreiden...you do know you can watch it on the internet if worse comes to worse?
    Sir

Such a site does not exist

And if it did exist it would never be talked about or posted on a forum, only via pm.

Post Count
    Oh but it does....and of course I wouldnt say it on the forum!

Post Count
    Oh but it does....
    No sir

and of course I wouldnt say it on the forum!
    Of course not, it doesn't exist!

Post Count
    OK Evan...have it your way...but we both know what Im talking about...

Post Count
    When LEONARD sees this tomorrow he'll back me up that it doesn't exist.

Because if it did exist, and too many people talked about then it on a forum then it would really not exist after too long.

Post Count
    I'm just giving you a hard time dude...

I'm working right now and I am waiting for a backup disk to finish for a site I'm working on so I'm bored less....

Post Count
    ugh........."40 minutes remaining"

Think I'll go practice spitting a mouthful of gasoline past a lighter for some fireball fun.

Post Count
    Haha its cool. All I know is that it did exist at one point at least and I have watched at least 1 UFC PPV on it for free. The rest me and my brother have split pay. He and his wife had a baby yesterday so they are going to be busy and try to save their money, so I hope it still works.

Post Count
    Sure i've done that a few times, in really crappy quality,

But the big ones that i really look forward too, i want to see in High Def on my screen obviously. So i gotta suck it up and plunk down the 45 bucks.

Post Count
    yeah i know, but I guess its better than missing it. Thats why you need a brother...I only have to pay $22.50!

Post Count
    Sure i've done that a few times, in really crappy quality,

But the big ones that i really look forward too, i want to see in High Def on my screen obviously. So i gotta suck it up and plunk down the 45 bucks.
    Not that such a site exists...

but if it did...I'm sure a premium feed would be available for a small "donation"

Georges St. Pierre vs. Jon Fitch

GSP dominates wrestlers and I think he takes it fairly easy.

Kenny Florian vs. Roger Huerta

Huerta is one of the most exciting fighters right now, I hope he wins and gets a chance at BJ Penn

Brock Lesnar vs. Heath Herring

Herring is a hard guy to beat and the longer the fight I think gives him the better chance to win. But Brock might bum rush him and end it fast.

Post Count
    Article from ESPN.com, WOW is Penn Really next if GSP takes care of business??

St. Pierre focused on task at hand
    By Franklin McNeil
    Special to ESPN.com

Chris Cozzone/FightWireImages

Matt Serra, left, taught Georges St. Pierre a valuable lesson: never look past your opponent.
    For all the talent Georges St. Pierre possesses, he has entered the Octagon only once as UFC welterweight champion. That was on April 7, 2007, and the experience is one he won't soon forget.

St. Pierre was stopped in the first round that night by heavy underdog Matt Serra. To this day, St. Pierre blames his poor performance against Serra on being mentally unprepared.

Physically, St. Pierre was 100 percent. But he was looking past Serra and toward a rematch with BJ Penn, whom he had beaten previously by split decision. Looking beyond the task at hand was a big mistake, one St. Pierre vows never to repeat.

[+] EnlargeEd Mulholland for ESPN.com

St. Pierre, top, has the welterweight division by the horns -- and he doesn't plan to let go any time soon.
    St. Pierre gets to make his point Saturday night at UFC 87: Seek and Destroy (pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET) in Minneapolis. The man standing across the cage from St. Pierre will be Jon Fitch, a strong fighter with solid wrestling skills.

This will be St. Pierre's first le defense since he regained the belt from Serra on April 19. And like the previous le defense, a win over Fitch could lead to a second bout with Penn.
    But there will be a big difference this time around; St. Pierre is bringing both his physical and mental A-games. He remains eager to fight Penn again, but won't look past Fitch. St. Pierre has learned his lesson.

"I've learned a lot of things," said St. Pierre, who will take a three-fight win streak and 16-2-0 professional record into the cage against Fitch. "A lot of things happened in my life. I don't want to give any excuses, but that night I got beat by a better man. For this fight everything is going well for me. Right now, I'm working really hard, making all the sacrifices. I haven't cut corners.

"Right now I realize what I have; I'm world champion. Last time I didn't really realize what I had in my hand. Now I know what it is and I don't want to lose it. I'm going to fight to win; I'm not going to fight not to lose. I'm going for the finish."

St. Pierre seems to have his attention squarely on Fitch, but what about Penn? Whenever talk of his defense against Fitch arises, the discussion quickly turns to that potential pound-for-pound rematch.

The champ, however, won't have any of it. He won't even mention Penn's name. Another lessoned learned.

"I don't even think about it. I don't want to make the same mistake twice. Right now, I'm going to fight Jon Fitch for my first le defense and I have a chance to succeed where I failed last time.

"I feel this is a great challenge, not only because I am fighting who I think is the most dangerous guy I have fought so far, but also because last year -- almost a year-and-a-half to the day -- I lost my first le defense. Now I have a chance to redeem [myself] … where I can succeed where I failed last time."

This is a new and improved St. Pierre, a man completely focused on the task at hand. Unlike in the past, he now refuses to take any opponent for granted.

His higher level of focus could not have come at a better time. If ever there were a fighter not to take lightly, it is Fitch.

The former Purdue University wrestler is a physically strong fighter. Fitch might be the one welterweight who can control St. Pierre on the ground.[+] EnlargeAP Photo/Branimir Kvartuc

Jon Fitch, top, has risen up the welterweight ranks while keeping a relatively low profile.

He hasn't lost a bout in eight years and has handled every man put before him in UFC. Despite his success, Fitch is considered a heavy underdog. He has a theory why most fight fans don't give him much of a shot to beat the champ.

"Because of the way I came up in the UFC, people didn't see a lot of my fights," said Fitch, who is 19-2 with a no contest and is 8-0 in the Octagon. "People develop an attachment to fighters that they see fight live.

"A lot of fans still don't know who I am and haven't developed that kind of attachment or an appreciation for me. It's just the way things go, we have a stacked weight division and I kind of slipped through the cracks."

If Fitch is to pull off an upset, he must be compe ive in the stand-up. And St. Pierre is expected to have a significant advantage when the fighters are on their feet.

Fitch doesn't see it quite that way.

"My wrestling opens up the ability for me to stand, because guys [must] respect the fact that I can take them down … it makes it easier to hit them," Fitch said. "They're so worried about getting taken down that it opens up my stand-up game a lot more."

If Fitch takes St. Pierre to the ground, likely at some point during the five-rounder, things become interesting. But no matter where the fight takes place, St. Pierre is confident he will have the edge.

St. Pierre is athletic and believes he is better than Fitch in every aspect of mixed martial arts. Days before the fight, St. Pierre is flowing with confidence.

"[The confidence] doesn't come from my athleticism; it comes from my mixed martial arts background and also from my trainers and training partners," St. Pierre said. "That's what I believe, but there is only one way to find out and we will find out Aug. 9."

Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    Post Count
    gsp ftw.

Thread Information