Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Count
    yeah Brock is a ing beast and I loved his antics at the end, reminds me of when o when he was good. Yeah once Brock works on his BJJ a little more and on his def he will be Heavy weight champ!! I would love to see Brock vs Kimbo so he could destroy him!!
    Oh God, Kimbo just could not KO, some scrub with a bad chin, tailor made for him to look good against on National TV. He got taken down, gassed out and looked like crap. Kimbo would not even want to fight Brock. He'd get taken down and blasted in 2 min easy.

Thank God I'm a country boy! djohn14's Avatar
    Post Count
    I do think Kongo could beat Lesnar. If Lesnar bull rushes him Kongo has a much better chance than Herring or Mir to KO him. He has one punch power.

Post Count
    I do think Kongo could beat Lesnar. If Lesnar bull rushes him Kongo has a much better chance than Herring or Mir to KO him. He has one punch power.
    I'd like to see that fight, that is a good one to book next for Brock. Brock's team would have to work with him on a careful gameplan to avoid getting nailed by the Congo strikes. I think Brock would take it though. Brock looked pretty good on his feet, while Congo right now, is better in that area, he is terrible on the ground. Brock gets him down, and it is game over.

Post Count
    Well, he has supposedly been working on his groundgame and if that is so the HW division better watch out. He is a world class kickboxer. Lesner though has really impressed me with his striking. I too think Lesnar would take it, but for some reason I have always really like Kongo.

Brock could literally be one of the most exciting MMAers to ever fight but boy is he boring once it gets to the ground.

The speed and power he had coming out of the gates, WOW.

Post Count
    Yea...Its a learning process for him...he has no idea what he's doing on the ground...but he knows how to keep it there.

Post Count
    Brock could literally be one of the most exciting MMAers to ever fight but boy is he boring once it gets to the ground.

The speed and power he had coming out of the gates, WOW.
    The 1st RD has was very exciting, the other 2 not as much but Brock to me fought that fight on the ground safely. He knew he could control his man and he just needed to get the win. As he gets better and more well rounded, he should start taking more chances with the dominant positions he had on the ground.

Post Count

BOOM!!!!!!!!!

I have watched this 15 times and I am still in awe at how amazing this punch was. A nice veteran feint left jab followed by a thundering crushing right.

And look at how perfectly he repositions himself right after he drops it.

Dude makes Herring look like a middle weight.
    Last edited by Evan; 08-10-2008 at 05:51 PM.

Post Count

BOOM!!!!!!!!!

I have watched this 15 times and I am still in awe at how amazing this punch was. A nice veteran feint left jab followed by a thundering crushing right.

And look at how perfectly he repositions himself right after he drops it.

Dude makes Herring look like a middle weight.
    I almost jumped out of my living room when he landed that punch. I did not sit down for the rest of the fight. Thing about Brock that a lot of people are overlooking is, yes he is in-experienced however this is a Super-natural athlete. We see GSP able to dominate big time wrestlers, with better pedigrees in that area than him, thanks to how great an athlete he is and how fast his learning curve is. Brock to me looks like he is progressing at a scary level. Where he will be at in another 4 or 5 fights, could be amazing.

Post Count
    Where does Herring go from here?? Having watched the re-play numerous times, Heath not only got beaten up badly but he looked like he was humiliated after the fight was over. That is the thing about Brock coming to the UFC is that a lot of fighters were going to come in 100% ready to fight Brock because they were going to try and make an example of him and of course did not want to get beat by a former WWE wrestler. I think all the WWE, wrestler talk is pretty much gone now.

Post Count
    Where does Herring go from here?? Having watched the re-play numerous times, Heath not only got beaten up badly but he looked like he was humiliated after the fight was over. That is the thing about Brock coming to the UFC is that a lot of fighters were going to come in 100% ready to fight Brock because they were going to try and make an example of him. Well now the whole "It would be Embarassing to lose to a former WWE wrestler" angle is out the window and he is just seen as a legit fighter.
    Its an interesting question. He certainly is a HW gatekeeper in a shallow talent pool for the UFC and MMA as a whole.

He's the Clay Guida of heavy weights.

I don't want to see him go but he has no place in the le game for now....he's still a young dude and his entire mma future is ahead of him.

Hopefully he can re-evolve his game...dedicate himself to a new camp?

Post Count
    Where does Herring go from here?? Having watched the re-play numerous times, Heath not only got beaten up badly but he looked like he was humiliated after the fight was over. That is the thing about Brock coming to the UFC is that a lot of fighters were going to come in 100% ready to fight Brock because they were going to try and make an example of him and of course did not want to get beat by a former WWE wrestler. I think all the WWE, wrestler talk is pretty much gone now.
    If Hardonk-Cain Velasquez wasnt on I'd say Velasquez-Herring would be ideal!...Imagine this Herring with a chance to prove he still belongs by beating a very good up and coming fighter who has great skills all around, and Velasquez with his chance to prove he belongs in the le picture, and even if he loses it wont hurt his status as a top prospect! Joe Silva admires my work!

Post Count
    If Hardonk-Cain Velasquez wasnt on I'd say Velasquez-Herring would be ideal!...Imagine this Herring with a chance to prove he still belongs by beating a very good up and coming fighter who has great skills all around, and Velasquez with his chance to prove he belongs in the le picture, and even if he loses it wont hurt his status as a top prospect! Joe Silva admires my work!
    Thats an interesting fight...

Post Count
    Thats an interesting fight...
    Thanks...but then again by the look of Herrings face he may be out for a while which would give Cain a chance to beat Hardonk and get ready for him lol.

Post Count
    Thanks...but then again by the look of Herrings face he may be out for a while which would give Cain a chance to beat Hardonk and get ready for him lol.
    Beat up physically but by the look on his face, i am wondering if we will see him in the UFC again. He just looked mentally destroyed. He's still pretty young though.
    Last edited by dbreiden83080; 08-10-2008 at 10:00 PM.

Post Count
    Really one last thing that nobody brought up was at the end of the GSP/Fitch fight, what great class and respect shown by both fighters. GSP and Fitch meeting at the center of the Octagon kneeling down and embracing, that was just wonderful to see. Fitch with his heart and the class he showed in defeat has made me a fan of his for life.

Dirk Administers THE SHOCKER LEONARD's Avatar
    Post Count
    Fitch's chin and recovery ability is crazy...give him credit for going 5 rds. GSP vs Penn is the only thing that makes sense right now...BJ will train his ass off for that fight, but he won't for Florian (if that's who gets a LW shot next)...

Lesnar is a bulldozer...too much lay and pray for my taste though, but he did mix in some good GnP here and there. He's always going to be vulnerable to guys that are good off their back. He's in the mix, but needs more fights before facing the top guys in the UFC...Nog, Carwin, Velasquez. He's not at all ready for the top guys in the world.

Florian fought smart...Huerta didn't seem to fight with a sense of urgency. Good fight though.

I hate Rob Emerson...I'll always wish failure on him...
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/story/2007/11/20/15396/341

Kongo smashed the can like he was supposed to...please shut-up about a le shot dude...

and Jason MacDonald is an idiot...he talked all week about this being MMA, not BJJ. Then he goes and fights Maia's fight, and while he got thru a couple of subs I didn't think he'd get through, he still got choked out. My favorite part was the -bag Mark Pavelich (the guy that left the VM for Drew Fickett last month) yelling at him in the corner after the 2nd rd to keep it standing and knock him out. Then he went straight to the ground again I wish failure on anybody that dumb enough to have Pavelich in their corner. Biggest -bag in MMA... (he runs MFC in Canada). A guy like Maia might be the biggest threat to Anderson Silva. Give him a couple more fights and he might be in line for a shot...

Post Count
    Lesnar is a bulldozer...too much lay and pray for my taste though, but he did mix in some good GnP here and there. He's always going to be vulnerable to guys that are good off their back. He's in the mix, but needs more fights before facing the top guys in the UFC...Nog, Carwin, Velasquez. He's not at all ready for the top guys in the world....
    Agree 100%. But I think he will evolve….Herring is no joke and Lesnar obviously has incredible natural ability. Very excited to see what he does as time goes on.

Then he went straight to the ground again I wish failure on anybody that dumb enough to have Pavelich in their corner. Biggest -bag in MMA... (he runs MFC in Canada). A guy like Maia might be the biggest threat to Anderson Silva. Give him a couple more fights and he might be in line for a shot...
    As a side note…while without question Pavelich is a bit of a s bag promoter and I don't like him, MFC is an awesome show so anyone who hasn't seen it should really check it out.

The camera and sound work is always top notch and they put on a awesome regional show on HDnet. Its basically the Canadian Strikeforce.

I was a little bit disappointed Brock didnt finish off Herring, but I blame that on inexperience. Like breiden said in 4 or 5 fights he could be just amazing. Did anyone notice that even after 3 rounds Brock was just slightly winded. Guy is in amazing shape and his cardio is just......WOW.

Seeking the quiet mind desflood's Avatar
    Post Count
    I gotta say it: I don't like Brock Lesnar. Something about that 'roided up monster just has irked me since the day he showed up on the scene in the WWE. Yes, I watch it occasionally. Sue me. His post-fight "celebrations" didn't sit well with me either. I know a lot of them do it, but it doesn't make it right. I hate that guy.

Of course, none of that matters to him. He'll be laughing all the way to the bank this morning.

I gotta say it: I don't like Brock Lesnar. Something about that 'roided up monster just has irked me since the day he showed up on the scene in the WWE. Yes, I watch it occasionally. Sue me. His post-fight "celebrations" didn't sit well with me either. I know a lot of them do it, but it doesn't make it right. I hate that guy.

Of course, none of that matters to him. He'll be laughing all the way to the bank this morning.
    LOL im actually the opposite. When Brock first came in and gave his first F5, I was impressed by the guy. His strength and power were uncanny. He is not cut up the way he used to be so im sure he is off the juice and we all know when your off the juice you lose all you gained during. He is a awesome collegiate wrestler and an amazing athlete. I loved his post fight antics and like Evan said, its going to be great for the sport. Also if he continues to kick ass and take names, he might even bring in some WWE fans that havent converted to MMA. Des, I can see why you hate him but you have to admit, he is a monster in the ring.

Seeking the quiet mind desflood's Avatar
    Post Count
    Oh, he definitely racked up a good win. Most of my ire probably just comes from being a Herring fan and not liking seeing him embarrassed that way. And the mockery after was just adding insult to injury. Like o's gravedigging. Man, I hate that sh*t. Completely tasteless. Now, I mightcould (for all you rednecks; we are in Texas) cheer for Lesnar in the future if he developed some sort of ground game. It's so hard to watch wrestlers lay-n-pray for 15 minutes.

Post Count

That's what it is all about...

That guy is going to make so many people love and hate him the PPV numbers will be insane with him. Just like o when he was doing well.

Post Count
    That's what it is all about...

That guy is going to make so many people love and hate him the PPV numbers will be insane with him. Just like o when he was doing well.
    That's right and Dana has to be giddy over this. I'm sure, He signed Brock, really thinking "Okay worst case scenario, he is a bust but, everyone will pay to see him fight at least once and we'll get big numbers on that one fight and make a lot of money". Instead, he loses his first fight but shows tremendous promise in the loss. So everyone was curious how he would do in his 2nd fight. In his 2nd fight, he utterly dominates a top flight Heavy. The guy has a huge fanbase, is charasmatic and looks like he is going to play the heel role like a drum when he needs too.

That's right and Dana has to be giddy over this. I'm sure, He signed Brock, really thinking "Okay worst case scenario, he is a bust but, everyone will pay to see him fight at least once and we'll get big numbers on that one fight and make a lot of money". Instead, he loses his first fight but shows tremendous promise in the loss. So everyone was curious how he would do in his 2nd fight. In his 2nd fight, he utterly dominates a top flight Heavy. The guy has a huge fanbase, is charasmatic and looks like he is going to play the heel role like a drum when he needs too.
    LOL heel role, ok we need to totally drop the wrestling terms. As much as I agree with you and its obvious he is bringing his "persona" with him, im really really giddy as well. I loved seeing him be the beast that he is and would love to see the gold around his waist.

Thread Information