Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Count
    who has huerta beat in the top 10? if your going to go LW at the number 4...aoki, gomi, penn, jz are all more worthy. judgement day will come for Hueta vs Florian and then BJ if he can beat kenflo.
    I'm going to take heat for this....

Huerta would take down Gomi, Aoki and JZ. The guy is smart, fast, relentless and talented. Many pick him to lose every fight and yet he still delivers

Gomi is highly overrated (I hate using that word) and inactive

Aoki is far too one dimensional

Cal he could easily hang with

Post Count
    I'm going to take heat for this....

Huerta would take down Gomi, Aoki and JZ. The guy is smart, fast, relentless and talented. Many pick him to lose every fight and yet he still delivers

Gomi is highly overrated (I hate using that word) and inactive

Aoki is far too one dimensional

Cal he could easily hang with
    Gomi is overrated and lost the fight to Diaz and is inactive so I get you there. Huerta could beat Aoki standing up but how long could he keep it there? He would get schooled the second it went to the ground. JZ would be a good fight but I think Calvacante would win based of the fact of how Guida dominated Huerta for the first 2 rounds. I would love to see Josh Thompson-Huerta. or even a motivated Gilbert Melendez. i just want to see him fight top LWs. something the UFC doesnt have.

and even if you think Huerta would take down the listed. no way is he #4 pound for pound over Shogun, Wandy, Penn, Machida...

Post Count
    Gomi is overrated and lost the fight to Diaz and is inactive so I get you there. Huerta could beat Aoki standing up but how long could he keep it there? He would get schooled the second it went to the ground. JZ would be a good fight but I think Calvacante would win based of the fact of how Guida dominated Huerta for the first 2 rounds. I would love to see Josh Thompson-Huerta. or even a motivated Gilbert Melendez. i just want to see him fight top LWs. something the UFC doesnt have.
    I think Aoki would get hit too many times before he got a good take down. Huerta would keep him at a good distance picking him apart.

Losing 2 rounds...It doesn't matter...the dude came from behind and won. I have seen far too many fights where aggressiveness and 'never gives up' mentality wins and Huerta has both at high levels.

Gilbert...that dude's head isn't on straight right now. He's out of the conversation for the immediate future.

Thompson. Interesting. I'm not sure what to make of him.

And I question you're assessment that the UFC doesn't have top LW's. I think their doing just fine.

Everyone on this list can be picked apart, especially Gomi and Aoki.

2. Takanori Gomi

3. Eddie Alvarez

4. Shinya Aoki

5. Joachim Hansen

6. Tatsuya Kawajiri

7. Gesias "JZ" Calvancante

8. Vitor "Shaolin" Ribeiro

9. Mitsuhiro Ishida

10. Josh Thomson

The problem is everyone is scattered so its a dog chasing its tail argument.

But MMA is a talking sport.

Post Count
    And for "no way is he #4 pound for pound over Shogun, Wandy, Penn, Machida..."

Of course not.

Dirk Administers THE SHOCKER LEONARD's Avatar
    Post Count
    Not sold on Huerta yet...he wasn't doing well with Guida, even though he won in the end. Props for that...

The Florian fight will show us a little more, although I'm not totally sold on Kenny yet either...

I'm pretty beaten by rankings these days actually...too many variables and anybody can beat anybody really. Fighting on short notice? Injured? Tournament? (ie, Aoki was out of gas after his fight with Uno, while Hansen had a short fight with Gill)

Post Count
    Not sold on Huerta yet...he wasn't doing well with Guida, even though he won in the end. Props for that...

The Florian fight will show us a little more, although I'm not totally sold on Kenny yet either...

I'm pretty beaten by rankings these days actually...too many variables and anybody can beat anybody really. Fighting on short notice? Injured? Tournament? (ie, Aoki was out of gas after his fight with Uno, while Hansen had a short fight with Gill)
    and it doesnt help that Aoki was kicked in the balls.

Dirk Administers THE SHOCKER LEONARD's Avatar
    Post Count
    True...fighting more than once in the same night changes everything...

Barnett lost to Crocop after a war with Nog just hrs prior...
    Rampage lost to Wandy after fighting Chuck...

We need to all get in the chat room and come up with "The Official Spurstalk.com MMA Rankings"
    how would we do that by votes? Next PPV we should chat in up.

Thread Information