Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Count
    I say Randy comes back to the UFC for 2 fights, goes 1-1. THEN, fedor comes.

Post Count
    I say Randy comes back to the UFC for 2 fights, goes 1-1. THEN, fedor comes.
    Well Randy is never coming back if he expects to get 1 fight and then be released...the UFC gains nothing from that and its simply stupid for him to even request it.

Post Count
    yeah i think the UFC wont mind if he comes back for 2 fights though. say he beats an icon like Lesnar and people are shocked how he did it at 44, then he fights Nog or Mir and retires. But then who would they have fight for the le if Couture wins? I can't see him fighting at 45. Maybe right after he retires they can bring in Fedor and have him replace Couture and people wont even think about randy anymore.

Post Count
    yeah i think the UFC wont mind if he comes back for 2 fights though.
    100% agree

Seeking the quiet mind desflood's Avatar
    Post Count
    More rumors...

Reigning UFC heavyweight champion Randy Couture could return to the Ultimate Fighting Championship by year's end as part of an out-of-court settlement with the organization.

Multiple sources close to the fighter, speaking exclusively to MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com), today said that Couture is willing to fight once more for the UFC, possibly before the end of the year, as a potential resolution to his ongoing legal battles with the fight promotion.

However, Couture himself could not be reached for comment, and it's unknown if the UFC is even considering the offer at this point.

According to one source, as part of Couture's concession to return the octagon, the 45-year-old UFC hall-of-famer would want to walk away "clear and free" from the organization after the bout.

Couture (16-8 MMA, 13-5 UFC), who hasn't fought since a third-round TKO victory over fellow UFC heavyweight Gabriel Gonzaga in August 2007, resigned from the organization two months later over what he perceived to be a lack of respect from UFC officials, issues over his pay, and the UFC's inability to sign then-top free agent Fedor Emelianenko.

However, Zuffa LLC officials believe, per his fight contract, that Couture's next two bouts must be in the UFC. Couture had said that he wanted his resignation upheld so he could move on with his career, including a potential bout with Emelianenko outside the UFC.

3 stars and a sun
    Post Count
    Maybe De La Hoya and Pacquiao's $100 million fight would make all parties think of making this dream fight happen, if at least only to generate more $s.

Post Count
    If it were anybody else running the show, they would make it happen. But since it's Dana White... money isn't the bottom line for him anymore. His ego is. And in the long run, I think it'll probably cost the UFC a lot.

Post Count
    If it were anybody else running the show, they would make it happen. But since it's Dana White... money isn't the bottom line for him anymore. His ego is. And in the long run, I think it'll probably cost the UFC a lot.
    Fedor has a non compete clause for the US

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2008/8/29...couture-update

Post Count
    by the way...Dana has been neutered. Don't underestimate the impact Lorenzo will have behind the scenes. I think Dana took the UFC as far as he could go and I suspect the Randy, TV and Fedor issues are all being handled by him. I just find it too much of a coincidence that a short time after he comes on board full time these three things are close to happening at one time.

Post Count
    Good point. There's a sneaking su ion in the back of my mind that at some point Lorenzo will make a decision, he and Dana will clash and Dana will leave the UFC in a huff and begin his own org. Not right away, of course. Five or ten years down the road, maybe...

Thank God I'm a country boy! djohn14's Avatar
    Post Count
    MMAJunkie.com is reporting that a potential Randy Couture vs. Fedor Emelianenko fight is currently being discussed for January or February of 2009. The UFC is currently negotiating with both Couture and Emelianenko. The fight is still a long shot, however it seems that UFC officials are willing to get this fight together now more than ever. It is still rumored that Couture will face Brock Lesnar in Portland, Oregon on November 15 at UFC 91 and the Emelianenko fight may go down depending on how that fight turns out. Xtreme Couture is currently making travel arrangements with larger heavyweights as sparring partners for Couture which has many people assuming that Couture is preparing himself for a fight with Lesnar. The UFC is expected to make an announcement on a new contract sometime next week.

Post Count
    MMAJunkie.com is reporting that a potential Randy Couture vs. Fedor Emelianenko fight is currently being discussed for January or February of 2009. The UFC is currently negotiating with both Couture and Emelianenko. The fight is still a long shot, however it seems that UFC officials are willing to get this fight together now more than ever. It is still rumored that Couture will face Brock Lesnar in Portland, Oregon on November 15 at UFC 91 and the Emelianenko fight may go down depending on how that fight turns out. Xtreme Couture is currently making travel arrangements with larger heavyweights as sparring partners for Couture which has many people assuming that Couture is preparing himself for a fight with Lesnar. The UFC is expected to make an announcement on a new contract sometime next week.
    Randy is NUTS to fight Brock with a Fedor fight banking on him winning that fight. Brock is a ing load and not a great matchup for Randy at all. He can't outwrestle Brock or press him on the cage for long stretches and dirty box him in the clinch. Brock is too damn big and strong. Randy will be giving up about 40 pds, 2 inches, 14 years and a truckload of athletic ability to Brock. I see that fight as a toss up honestly, maybe leaning toward Brock taking it. If Randy wins, i can't see it being dominant.

Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    Post Count
    i still think courture will win, but i agree that it wont be in convincing fashion.

Dirk Administers THE SHOCKER LEONARD's Avatar
    Post Count
    Couture would get embarassed and he knows it...

Post Count
    Couture would get embarassed and he knows it...
    I don't think people like Randy ever believe they can't win. You don't fight at an elite level beating down guys half your age, without a ridiculous degree of mental toughness. Can he beat Fedor? Not likely. But i do believe he feels he can win.

Thread Information