Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Count
    I tried to bump our previous thread like this but it looks like everything before April is gone. Weird.

Question: By the way, Couture said that he is ready to fight with Fedor.

Finkelstein: I can tell you that if UFC will negotiate with us then this fight can happen this year maybe within the bounds of our joint tournament with UFC. We are ready to negotiate, the fighters are ready, everything is ready, the only deal is with UFC policy headed on their separation and singularity.

I hope this happens soon!!

Post Count
    I hope this happens soon!!
    I think Fedor's team may finally be realizing that there is nothing out there but the UFC for him to make money. I'm sure their smart enough to realize that Affliction is too unstable.

Who knows….this thing will change on a dime.

Post Count
    After all this hype, when this fight finally happens, we are likely destined for a huge let-down.

Dirk Administers THE SHOCKER LEONARD's Avatar
    Post Count
    Who knows….this thing will change on a dime.
    Could stop on a dime too!!

Post Count
    Could stop on a dime too!!
    I got that cliche right you sum-

Who wants a mustache ride oligarchy's Avatar
    Post Count
    Won't happen.. there's nothing there for the UFC.

Fedor wants exclusivity, which UFC isn't going to agree with. So, that leaves a one-fight deal. Randy is the champion, so the belt is technically on the line. If he loses, Fedor has the belt and is gone. Not happening. UFC gains nothing from this. It make more sense for the UFC to sit on Randy's contract so no smaller orgs can put this fight together.

Post Count
    Won't happen.. there's nothing there for the UFC.

Fedor wants exclusivity, which UFC isn't going to agree with. So, that leaves a one-fight deal. Randy is the champion, so the belt is technically on the line. If he loses, Fedor has the belt and is gone. Not happening. UFC gains nothing from this. It make more sense for the UFC to sit on Randy's contract so no smaller orgs can put this fight together.
    The one thing that may be appealing is the easy of the UFC HW division as it stands right now along with a massive paycheck. You got Cain, Carwin and Lesnar who could all be studs one day but they are so far and away from Fedor there is basically no challenges for him at this point. Everyone who has a chance to beat him his outside the UFC now.

Seeking the quiet mind desflood's Avatar
    Post Count
    Evan, who do you think has a chance to beat Fedor right now (in any org.)? Out of curiosity.

Post Count
    Evan, who do you think has a chance to beat Fedor right now (in any org.)? Out of curiosity.
    Anything can happen but damn near nobody. I used to think it was Tim because of his weird size and elbows…get him against a cage wall and pound on him. Get a cut. Hahaha….Tim couldn't even take 5 steps before he was done let alone work him into a cage wall. Ropes were irrelevant.

Someone will arise of course, greatness is finite. But now…the HW div in MMA is so depleted I just can't see anyone.

You?

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count
    Barnett is a lucky bas , he could win (with emelianenko) with his diabolic approach.
    Although he had problems with Nastula one day so you never know.

Post Count
    Eh... I'm with you on this one. Figured Tim might have a shot because he's so awkward, but obviously not. I'd like to say Randy, but we all know better. There's Nog... but probably no to that one also. Damn you, Fedor, for being so good.

Post Count
    Barnett is a lucky bas , he could win (with emelianenko) with his diabolic approach.
    Now, there's a definite maybe.

Post Count
    Eh... I'm with you on this one. Figured Tim might have a shot because he's so awkward, but obviously not. I'd like to say Randy, but we all know better. There's Nog... but probably no to that one also. Damn you, Fedor, for being so good.
    And damn his managers for depriving us of his greatness for so long with exhibition matches.

Post Count
    You're right

But I'm not sure what to make of that guy. For some reason I can't get a gauge on him. Guess its been too long since we saw him in regular action.

Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    Post Count
    fedor> all HW

Thank God I'm a country boy! djohn14's Avatar
    Post Count
    Arent you forgetting about Tank Abbott?

Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    Post Count
    Arent you forgetting about Tank Abbott?
    my bad

Post Count
    eh.......................

looks like Fedor is fighting a Sumo/Judo wrestler can for NYE. I am neither surprised or disappointing. This is just what Fedya will do every NYE for his Japanese fans...As long as he only does his BS exhibition fights once a year now and at least gives us 2 real fights you can't complain too much I suppose.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...l?eref=writers

Post Count
    http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2008/08/...or-meet-in-la/

The above is one of several photos being distributed by UFC heavyweight champion (that’s right, he’s still their heavyweight champ) Randy Couture’s camp depicting Couture and WAMMA heavyweight champion Fedor Emelianenko socializing Monday night at Los Angeles-area hot spot “STK.”

In the release of the photos there was no mention of business being discussed between either men. Couture has recently been quoted as being less optimistic about a much-anticipated “dream” fight between the two men and there is no word whether the two met regarding a possible fight last night or if the photos are being distributed simply to grab some headlines (in which case, mission accomplished).

Reports indicate that Couture and the UFC have entered into arbitration in recent weeks in an attempt to resolve their long-standing contractual feud. Is there light at the end of the tunnel, or is this just a tease?

Im sure its nothing, but I just wanted to post it.

^^but where would they fight?

Post Count
    Dont know. Couture screwed himself by getting into this conflict with Dana. Couture said it could still happen in UFC, but It probably wont happen at all.

Post Count
    ^^but where would they fight?
    Ouside the UFC Hdnet will be involved….they already have something in place. Inside the UFC…Hdnet will not be involved.

Post Count
    bump.

Post Count
    I have a feeling by the end of 09 he will be in the UFC. But I doubt the Randy fight will ever happen.

Thread Information