My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anybody know of any web-based services for large file sharing? Storage and download, for example?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can use torrents if you're not against being a little naughty.

If you're on a PC you can download utorrent (utorrent.com)

then you can go to sites like http://thepiratebay.org/

Veteran
    My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    http://rapidshare.com is THE industry leader when it comes to file hosting. Megaupload.com is probably #2. If you're looking for download links register at www.forumw.org- They have links to just about every movie, musical work, app or TV show that you can think of.

torrents and lame ass torrent software- file hosting sites are so much better, easier and cleaner. Torrents aren't even comparable IMO.

also http://rapidfind.org and http://rslinksforum.com are decent too. On all of them I think you have to sign up for the forum to view the contents.
    Last edited by balli; 08-15-2008 at 06:51 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was searching for one recently (it wasn't an exhaustive search or anything), and I settled on FileFactory. I've used it twice, and I only had a problem uploading the first time (after it finished, the page didn't update properly, so I had to upload my file again [so I just stick to basic mode now]). Anyway, it has a 300MB limit, which is more than enough for me, and if you register you can manage your uploads (I only use the free service -- upload/download, no management). Also, the file(s) can be downloaded an unlimited number of times, which is good.

One important note (which I found out the hard way): if your uploaded file isn't accessed within 7 days, it will be removed (I'm not sure if it applies to registered users).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I should have been a little clearer. I meant large file-sharing for legitimate purposes. Essentially, we're looking to transfer large video files in the quality they're recorded (using a Flip) for later editing. A test file (about 4 minutes long) was 115 MB.

I need a solid service for uploading and downloading (with the assumption that both ends are working off broadband quality U/D speeds).

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rapidshare is pretty ty unless you pay for a premium account. Your DL speed is limited to around 60-100 kB/s. Megaupload has no limit that I know of (I usually get ~800 kB/s there), and is a far better choice if you want it for free.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like a torrent would be better than web based file sharing right?

With something web based you'd have to upload the file first, which you wouldn't have to do with a torrent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How big are the files going to be?

If you can't slam with the best then jam with the rest sabar's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    filefront, rapidshare, megaupload

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're going to have correspondents sending video files to us, and we need to have them as quick as possible. Again, I don't know the exact file sizes they're going to be sending, but as an example, a 4-minute clip came in at ~115 MB.

Thread Information