Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm curious about a scenario thispego brought up. What if he signed on, thinking that he could park his truck in the driveway, then a year or something after he bought the house, they made up the rules about what you can or can't park in the driveway? Would he have some sort of recourse here, or is he just stuck like chuck, even though he read the rules of the HOA when he moved there and no such rule existed?
    I've lived in my house for 8+ years and there haven't been any HOA changes in that time. With such a weird rule, it had to be in the original covenants.

Go to the meetings. Vote. If they pass you don't like, you can suck it up, defy them and have them sell your house, or sell and move. That pretty much covers it.

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    and only the ones who show up get to vote? send the ballots to every address in the neighborhood... is this a bad idea?
    In our neighborhood the ballots are sent to everyone. Also about 15% get returned.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    they ain't told me about trigger yet...(my 93 lumina with 220k+ miles on it) but other than some paint touch ups, the don't look too bad...so they can kiss my ass until i get surved sum paypus...

so while my car brings their home values down, my house brings their home values up, so h-o-a, h-o-a, h-o-a's can eat a big fat deyick...fo shizzle my nizzles...

now...

i'm wondering if they are gonna give me any for late night tokin in the driveway...oh well...rather hear the in from hoa than the wifey...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Stonebriar HOA rules allow several luxury trucks on driveways, including the Cadillac Escalade, Chevy Avalanche, Honda Ridgeline and Lincoln Mark LT.

"The high-end vehicles that are allowed are plush with amenities and covers on the back. It doesn't look like a pickup," he said. "It's fancier."

"The response was: 'It's our belief that Lincoln markets to a different class of people,' " he said.

seriously this is waaayyy ed up. you are .. well i cant even think of anything awful enough to call you if you believe this kind of is acceptable.

Che cazzo stai dicendo? DisgruntledLionFan#54,927's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Detroit Pistons
    In our neighborhood the ballots are sent to everyone. Also about 15% get returned.
    We have to be present to vote, which is one block away at a Boys & Girls Club. They usually get 10 people out of 75 homes.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I realize that rules are rules, but this whole thing seems fairly bogus to me. Without seeing a copy of the HOA agreement, it is hard to say for sure, but it sounds like all pickups are banned, but with exceptions that HOA board allows, based solely on perception and nothing else ('It's our belief that Lincoln markets to a different class of people').

Rules being made up on the basis of individual perception about car marketing?!?! Surely he has a case here, right? This smacks of bias and selective application of the rules, which one would think is able to be challenged.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    at least they get the chance

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    We have to be present to vote, which is one block away at a Boys & Girls Club. They usually get 10 people out of 75 homes.
    10 people get to make the decisions for the whole neighborhood?!?!?! ing elitists man ya'll are crazy. Damn that is just creepy. do ya'll pull stupid like this too?? That is ed up

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    funny...the hoa on delgado and zazamora only has the rule that you are to protect the widowed abuelitas from the poor dollar pinching pendejos that need a beer...

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    10 people get to make the decisions for the whole neighborhood?!?!?! ing elitists man ya'll are crazy. Damn that is just creepy. do ya'll pull stupid like this too?? That is ed up
    There is an elected board that gets to vote for everyone else. But at election time, if the same level of apathy exists, some neighborhood wad could nominate himself and probably get on the board without any challenge.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So in the land of the free, Some people can't park there truck in there driveway or paint there house neon pink? The very house they are paying for? I would understand if someone let you stay there for free then O- yea I will follow rules but your own damn house.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    dudes...find me a pink or purple house in stoneoak and i'll give you the win...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Detroit Pistons
    If people don't show up for the vote when they've been repeatedly informed, then the blame lies on the people who don't show up, no?

It's apathy/indifference sprinkled with a little whiny syndrome.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    There is an elected board that gets to vote for everyone else. But at election time, if the same level of apathy exists, some neighborhood wad could nominate himself and probably get on the board without any challenge.
    Like Bob Osborn?

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    dudes...find me a pink or purple house in stoneoak and i'll give you the win...
    Ha! We have so many HOA nazi's out here that if one board of your fence doesn't match the stain of every other board you will definitely hear about it!! Happened to me just last week. Apparently the excuse of "My son fixed the fence the very day it was damaged, but it has been raining too much to stain it" does not fly!

Name
    Adam Rabel
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    St. Mary's Rattlers
    I'm curious about a scenario thispego brought up. What if he signed on, thinking that he could park his truck in the driveway, then a year or something after he bought the house, they made up the rules about what you can or can't park in the driveway? Would he have some sort of recourse here, or is he just stuck like chuck, even though he read the rules of the HOA when he moved there and no such rule existed?

well you have to have the homeowners vote to change the rules of the HOA really.

Otherwise they are supposed to be filed in the ing courthouse, lazy ass mother ing developers.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    If people don't show up for the vote when they've been repeatedly informed, then the blame lies on the people who don't show up, no?

It's apathy/indifference sprinkled with a little whiny syndrome.
    "little whiny " would be a more accurate description of someone who cares what kind of car their neighbors park in the driveway.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Gee, doesn't sound like the type of people who would live in sub that has a moat and a gated entrance with 24-hour security guards granting visitor access.

At all.

Name
    Adam Rabel
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    St. Mary's Rattlers
    oh and frisco is a piece of that is basically being foreclosed upon because of ing idiots over there anyway.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Gee, doesn't sound like the type of people who would live in sub that has a moat and a gated entrance with 24-hour security guards granting visitor access.

At all.
    is this your place or bill osborns?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Detroit Pistons
    I'm going to start calling you 85.

My point is that people who would live with or want to live with amenities like 24 hour security/moat are indeed going to be vain enough to try and dictate how their subdivision/community looks.

Don't like it? Run for a position on the board or encourage/persuade other neighbors to vote/vote the way you want.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm going to start calling you 85.

My point is that people who would live with or want to live with amenities like 24 hour security/moat are indeed going to be vain enough to try and dictate how their subdivision/community looks.

Don't like it? Run for a position on the board or encourage/persuade other neighbors to vote/vote the way you want.
    you're making a lot of assumptions about this neighborhood and the resident in question. I'm not scoffing HOA's in general, just ones that make and enforce stupid rules like this. Even though your hood has a small minority running it i'm sure they havent gone this far. Most HOA's are reasonable and have the best interest of the whole community in mind, i'm sure...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Detroit Pistons
    you're making a lot of assumptions about this neighborhood and the resident in question. I'm not scoffing HOA's in general, just ones that make and enforce stupid rules like this. Even though your hood has a small minority running it i'm sure they havent gone this far. Most HOA's are reasonable and have the best interest of the whole community in mind, i'm sure...
    We're all making assumptions because none of us have all the facts. How do you know most HO's don't want this? Sounds like most do if they park their pickups in the garage without complaint. I'm sure it's laid out in the CCR where he can pe ion the board with a certain % of HO's to review and/or vote on this issue again.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Why would the majority of HO's vote to prohibit themselves from something like that? What purpose does that serve?

Does every single HO own a Escalade, Avalanche, Ridgeline or Lincoln Mark LT? Or do the 10 people who show up to these HOA meetings to make the rules own them?

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Why would the majority of HO's vote to prohibit themselves from something like that? What purpose does that serve?

Does every single HO own a Escalade, Avalanche, Ridgeline or Lincoln Mark LT? Or do the 10 people who show up to these HOA meetings to make the rules own them?
    Probably not. Most of the HOs probably just use their garages for vehicle storage instead of storing a bunch of old crap they're too lazy to throw out.

Thread Information