Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Most of these people probably do not own any kind of pickup truck so it's not a personal concern to them.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Probably not. Most of the HOs probably just use their garages for vehicle storage instead of storing a bunch of old crap they're too lazy to throw out.
    with all those 4-car garages they could store whatever they want.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    dudes...dudettes...when people piss you off...collect some dog and throw it on their houses...key their lil escalades and watch them back off like a chihuahua at a pit bull fight...problem solved...soccer mom's fear mexicans...and dog is mightier than the pen...

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    I used to have to deal with HOAs all the time when I was in property management, and they're largely ridiculous. And, even worse, since they're centered in neighborhoods, they're typically small/compact enough that petty cliques and passive aggressive bull can be an issue. However, they're also notorious for being overly emphatic with paperwork -- huge binders listing the CC+Rs, registration paperwork, vehicle registration, proxy ballots, monthly notices, election notices, warning notices, etc... Obviously, I have no idea if HOAs in Texas are as dilligent with that stuff as they are in California, but all of my experience with HOAs has shown that it would take an active effort on one's part to ignore this paperwork and not know the rules.

As far as the selective enforcement of the rules... there may be a legitimate case there, but probably not one worth pursuing. Especially over a truck. Since everything in an HOA is voted on, whether you participate or not, living in the neighborhood pretty much means that you accept their rules however they choose to enforce them.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I love the lack of HOA out in the sticks where I live. There are several really junky crap hole houses at the beginning of my street. I refer to them as my passive anti-theft system. Any thief cruising my 'hood looking for stuff to steal would turn around and give up halfway down the street before they even got to my place!

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    First off I'm only 50/50 on this even being real.

Second off it'll break down like this.

If the rule was in place before the guy purchased the vehicle he shouldn't have done what he did. Any time you live in a neighborhood with a HOA you have to be constantly on the up and up because these people have the ing key to being ridiculous at the drop of dime and love to envoke their powers to put liens on homes and levee fines and so forth without much warning. It makes then feel important. If this asshole lives in such a nice neighborhood he should park his average joe ride in the big ass garage we all know he has. That or learn his lesson about the reprocussions of hanging around worthless rich asshats.

Third of all his lawyers or accountant or financial planner that helped him purchase this house should have made sure their client was well aware of any existing HOA laws that may affect their client.

If they invoked this rule post purchase of his vehicle he might be able to win a fight but at what cost. Why bother. Not to mention its highly doubtful he could walk away a winner, they'll hammer him for eternity. Park in your ing richer garage and stop your richer ing. I'm not sympathetic to this guy getting the shaft regardless of the fact that its totally insane and asinine.

Forth and most importantly don't live in places where they have HOA. I refuse to be a part in any neighborhood that has one. If you're so ing wealthy that you need to have someone govern the standard of your neighborhood go ing buy 10 acres and build. Then you don't have to deal with of that and it'll probably cost a heap less.

Its sad that this is the kind of idioctic exists.

Name
    Veronica Lynn
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Does an individual really own property if he can be restricted from doing to it as he wills?

That said, there are people with no respect for anything and require repeated restriction in order to be reasonably orderly. Therefore, I can see the use of having a HOA.

The HOA described in the article, however, took due diligence to an absurd level- in my opinion.
    The only reason a vehicle should not be allowed is if it is a safety hazard or if it is taking up unreasonable space in an area that belongs to the community as a whole- such as the street.
    I don't think it is right to prevent people from parking in their own driveway or even from painting their house an unpopular color.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Does an individual really own property if he can be restricted from doing to it as he wills?

That said, there are people with no respect for anything and require repeated restriction in order to be reasonably orderly. Therefore, I can see the use of having a HOA.

The HOA described in the article, however, took due diligence to an absurd level- in my opinion.
    The only reason a vehicle should not be allowed is if it is a safety hazard or if it is taking up unreasonable space in an area that belongs to the community as a whole- such as the street.
    I don't think it is right to prevent people from parking in their own driveway or even from painting their house an unpopular color.
    The last thing a richer neighborhood wants is somone tearing up an old rig in the driveway. You know how mexicans are.....they'll find some salvage and then rip it aparts for parts over a two week period then park the carcass under a tree in the front yard so the kids have something to climb in and out of.

They don't want anything to not be consistantly pompous or it might damage their precious rich credibility they worked so hard on for years

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Hey.... times are hard.... he probably just lost his job so went and bought a hoopdie to save on some dough. People are getting fired these days, I know because I just fired my wifes personal trainer (I caught them in the act).

This HOA needs to realize that when times get tough, the tough will buy a piece of dookie to get by.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    "It's theft' | Neighbors react to homeowner's vehicle towed by HOA on north side
    The residents claim the parking policy enforced by the HOA has become increasingly restrictive with current board

Author: Sarah Duran
    Published: 6:31 PM CDT September 15, 2022
    Updated: 6:31 PM CDT September 15, 2022
    SAN ANTONIO — More residents in a north side neighborhood are speaking out against their homeowner's association after a homeowner's car was wrongfully towed away from their driveway Tuesday night.

Agreeing to speak on the condition on anonymity, one resident shared how she believes Mountain Lodge has changed since moving in her home in 2004......"

https://www.kens5.com/article/news/l...f-6667842ff288

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    2022 and hoas still suck

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm guessing a lot of Dallas neighborhoods don't have HOAs... In the Lakewood area you have some neighborhoods with $600K homes two blocks away from $100K homes and the upkeep varies greatly from block to block.
    Times done changed

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    When I was under an HOA, I've had neighbors just put furniture out for the trash pickup, and it sat there for weeks, or they would park a wrecked car on the curb in front of their home and it would set there for months. You need an HOA unless you want to live in the barrio, and the lack of action from HOAs is part of the reason for urban sprawl. As neighborhoods become legacy their HOAs just collect dues and don't enforce anything. Then half the subdivision starts being rentals, then it's basically a ghetto. People sell and move. Good HOAs are designed to keep the subdivision or community pretty well within the regs. So yeah it sucks when you're the target of the HOA actions, but maybe clean your up.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The problem with HOAs is that they are set up by the developer and I have yet to see one set up in the last 30 years that did not require approval by the developer to seek election for an HOA leadership position.

IOW, the developer chooses your leaders as opposed to the homeowners.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    When I was under an HOA, I've had neighbors just put furniture out for the trash pickup, and it sat there for weeks, or they would park a wrecked car on the curb in front of their home and it would set there for months. You need an HOA unless you want to live in the barrio, and the lack of action from HOAs is part of the reason for urban sprawl. As neighborhoods become legacy their HOAs just collect dues and don't enforce anything. Then half the subdivision starts being rentals, then it's basically a ghetto. People sell and move. Good HOAs are designed to keep the subdivision or community pretty well within the regs. So yeah it sucks when you're the target of the HOA actions, but maybe clean your up.

All big cities have code enforcement that would have ticketed the owner for the furniture and towed away the junked vehicle without any help at all from the HOA.

what a neighborhood and town you must have lived in

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    The problem with HOAs is that they are set up by the developer and I have yet to see one set up in the last 30 years that did not require approval by the developer to seek election for an HOA leadership position.

IOW, the developer chooses your leaders as opposed to the homeowners.
    Yeah the developer builds it all, sets everything up with the HOA at the start, passes all ownership of private streets, easements and any other responsibilities to the HOA and gets the out of there as soon as possible

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    The real problem is it involves volunteering.
    Volunteers who have good intentions for the neighborhood as a whole.
    Its the very beginning of a quasi governing body and in todays world that especially sucks as “muh rights” trumps all.
    Not things that are obviously good for the entire neighborhood.

Cohesion and common sense have left the neighborhood.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Anyone been on the “board” of an HOA?
    Actually volunteered for a legit reason.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    The real problem is it involves volunteering.
    Volunteers who have good intentions for the neighborhood as a whole.
    Its the very beginning of a quasi governing body and in todays world that especially sucks as “muh rights” trumps all.
    Not things that are obviously good for the entire neighborhood.

Cohesion and common sense have left the neighborhood.
    Most any new development now has an HOA company running things so they don't need the volunteers for much else than voting and showing up to hoa meetings

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Most any new development now has an HOA company running things so they don't need the volunteers for much else than voting and showing up to hoa meetings
    And they get the fk out asap.
    Plus they dont know what is going on after they have left the scene.
    SA news has a number of stories concerning money grubbing slacks that take over HOA management (someone has to inform the developer or do it themselves) and then hire their brother to do maintenance for the neighborhood or just flat out squander money on personal items.

School boards are the next step up and the same thing happens, especially in the school districts in which hardly anyone votes.
    There are cases of really good people stepping up and volunteering their time for school boards and HOAs. Too bad it does not happen often enough.
    I guess...

imo governing (HOA hierarchy) is not an easy job for volunteers. Especially in a neighborhood where people work hard and just flat out dont have the time.
    A few people can take over that dont really represent the neighborhood needs.
    Older neighborhoods with lots of retired folk might be different Im thinking.
    Last edited by pgardn; 09-18-2022 at 01:58 PM.

Thread Information