Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Count
    That freaking dork with the weird glasses?

Probably Mauro Ranallo….he's a massive thrashing to listen to. He has no substance and speaks almost exclusively in hyperbole's now. He has gotten worse as time has gone on. He barks into the mic and you will learn nothing from him. He's the worst in the business.

Post Count
    Man, I like watching some of these bouts, but the people who promote this are ing it up big time. Kimbo vs Shamrock? How can that be taken seriously?
    This fight does nothing whatsoever for Kimbo. He'll likely win but who cares, Shamrock has not been credible in at least a decade. Kimbo's last fight against a can he was supposed to KO, was such a mess this looks like his handlers are conceding to him not being for real and lets just try and make a quick buck. I mean who is he going to fight next?? Royce Gracie

Post Count
    I'm not defending Shaw, but every other organization other than the UFC has failed or is failing regardless or promoter. There's only so much you can put on Shaw's shoulders.
    This is still all so new....but

Smaller regional shows are doing just fine, MFC, Strikeforce and AFL…because they are patient and are taking time to grow. Most other orgs are so impatient and are trying to beat the UFC overnight by over paying for every single "name" free agent…just like the Yankees and Redskins.

EliteXC was doing perfect…just fine and then Shaw turned it into "Kimbo EXC" with their antics and lo-and-behold they started losing money and had problems.

Post Count
    And Shamrock is 44 years old, has not won a fight since 2004, and is 1-7 in his last 8 fights.

Dirk Administers THE SHOCKER LEONARD's Avatar
    Post Count
    Ken has a son named Ryan...who also fights.

EliteXC / Kimbo was a terrible intro to casual / non-fans on primetime TV. They'll be gone soon. They have put on some good fights and will put on more in Oct (Daley-Shields, Ninja-Radach) but those aren't the fights that get all the attention...

Post Count
    That freaking dork with the weird glasses?

Probably Mauro Ranallo….he's a massive thrashing to listen to. He has no substance and speaks almost exclusively in hyperbole's now. He has gotten worse as time has gone on. He barks into the mic and you will learn nothing from him. He's the worst in the business.
    Too add something else to this…his old partner Bas Rutten has gotten much better as time goes on although I do think he is still best used in little spurts as he gets a bit over exposed since he seems to run out of things to say. And he is simply great with teleprompter on Inside MMA on HDNet. Same goes for Kenny Rice. I'm not sure what HDNet is doing with them…maybe coaching…but its working very well.

I have a feeling that the UFC will allow them to show still shots and open the door a bit more to them if HDNet would publically state their done with bing a MMA promoter.

Post Count
    My hero

Despite being skipped over for a much-desired fight with fellow undefeated heavyweight Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson (3-0), Brett Rogers (8-0) has no ill will toward EliteXC.

In fact, all his anger is now directed at Kimbo and his recently announced opponent, UFC Hall of Famer Ken Shamrock (26-13-2).

Although Rogers has declined interview requests from MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com), his camp today issued a statement through fiveouncesofpain.com -- one in which he calls Kimbo "more myth [than] Sasquatch, Chupacabra and a [expletive] unicorn combined" and Shamrock "103 years" old and a "Jurassic MMA" fighter.

Back in May, after both fighters emerged victorious during EliteXC's first CBS-televised show, Kimbo and Rogers had a brief skirmish in the post-fight press conference. Rogers said he wasn't impressed by Kimbo's third-round TKO victory over James Thompson and called it "garbage."

After entering the conference rom, Slice confronted Rogers, but then-EliteXC Live Events President Gary Shaw separated the fighters before the matter escalated, and order was quickly restored.

However, despite promises from multiple EliteXC officials that a Kimbo-Rogers fight would eventually happen, the organization booked Kimbo-Shamrock for its Oct. 4 CBS card and Rogers for its Nov. 8 event on Showtime. (As MMAjunkie.com's Steve Sievert recently reported, EliteXC likely delayed the Kimbo-Rogers fight so the bout could instead appear on the organization's pay-per-view debut in 2009.)

"As for EliteXC -- this is our home," Rogers said in the statement. "We are excited to be part of EliteXC, CBS and Showtime. We are proud to be part of one of fastest-growing and best backed promotions in the world. We are proud to be part of a show that treats their fighters with love and respect and is not afraid to let their fighters compete outside the boundaries. ... I know a lot of people want to dog on EliteXC, but these same people would have an MMA world where no more then a dozen guys were making a living wage. People who think the real world should run just like it does on their PlayStation. But this is a complicated, difficult business for every side of the equation. For the fighters, promoters and everyone else involved. As a camp we have to negotiate, posture, bully, push, plead to get our share of the love. But at the end of the day we are EliteXC."

However, his tune changed when discussing Shamrock, whom he felt butted into the situation, and Slice, whom he accuses of ducking the fight.

From the statement:

As for Oct 4th; that was our spot. Shamrock with his name and giant ego butted in line to get a slice of Kevin. At 103 years of age Ken usurped our rightful place against the YouTube champ. Our sincerest hope is that Ken whips Kimbo and then we can finally euthanize the "World's Most Dangerous Man" and relegate him to some MMA dinosaur exhibit. Maybe taxidermy him and (Dan) Severn and place them on a rotating pedestal where they can endless circle each other.

If Ken proves to be more sham [than] rock and Fergi beats him, then the Slice hype grows even greater. Dude is already more myth [than] Sasquatch, Chupacabra and a [expletive] unicorn combined. Kevin is the black Yeti.

Caught between a Shamrock and a hard place, Kevin has chosen the old over the new; the past over the future. But Fergi ... the hard place is coming. By putting us off, making us wait will only make matters worse. There is nothing business about it anymore. Kimbo made it a point to go frontin' to our boys at Big Black. But that street thug B.S. might work well with the fan bois and the Internet dorks who think your street cred means something; but Son ... Brett comes from Cabrini Green; the worst 12 blocks of America. compared to that your street is Sesame Street. So you can say it is very personal between Brett and Fergi. So go ahead and make us wait while you fight Tank (Abbott) and Shamrock. , why not fight (Keith) Hackney, Harold Howard, Fred Ettish and the rest of Jurassic MMA? And while your shuckin' and duckin' we will be hustlin' and muscilin' and when the bell finally tolls the only real question left is: do you wake up looking at canvas or arena lights?

Post Count
    damn that statement is baddass. Rogers still has a lot to learn though.

Post Count
    damn that statement is baddass. Rogers still has a lot to learn though.
    100% agree. He's good enough to smash the average guys but has so far to go.

Post Count
    This is Ken's last fight against unknown figher, Robert Berry. Who has a record of 12-8. His record can be viewed here, nothing special

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/robert-berry-7362

Ken has almost nothing left to offer as a fighter. His hands are slow, his footwork is not very good and he is one dimensional as a striker. He also can't take a punch anymore. He has little to no power anymore in his hands and has no takedowns. Kimbo is not legit but he is going KO Ken here. I never liked Ken mainly because i am a huge o fan and was conditioned to not like him during the years they were feuding. I want Ken to win because Kimbo is a joke but it's not going to happen. Sadly Kimbo by KO.

Post Count
    Look for the video of Ken on insidemma from about 2 Fridays ago. Ken looks so old and small.

This fight interests nobody…Cage Rage is desperate for any possible fighter that will create even the most mild interest and even they don't want him anymore.

haha Severn shoutout!

Post Count
    The problem with Ken is not only is he 44 years old but he has had some wars in the ring. The beating o gave him in their first fight was damn brutal. Really whatever prime he had left, got taken out of him that night. He is done, i don't know why he is still doing this??

Post Count
    haha Severn shoutout!

I love that dude

Seeking the quiet mind desflood's Avatar
    Post Count

Post Count
    He added a lot of personality to the late great IFL

Damnit. I always call Frye, Severn.

Dude simply looks like a Severn

Post Count
    Damnit. I always call Frye, Severn.

Dude simply looks like a Severn

slipped by me I didn't notice. desflood is sharp.

But seriously why not…just might have a better chance at kimbo.

Seeking the quiet mind desflood's Avatar
    Post Count
    Blame the 'stache. It's designed to confuse the enemy.

Post Count
    Butterbean-Kimbo would be intertaining.

Post Count
    Does anyone know if Kimbo has a deal with Elite-XC that pays him a bonus based on TV ratings??

I can't understand why else this fight with Ken is happening? The most alarming stat out there for Ken is not that he is 44 years old or even that he is 1-7 in his last 8 fights. It's that he has been KO'd in RD 1 in each of his last 5 fights. He is a name and obviously Elite-XC thinks that will get ratings but as we have discussed before this does nothing whatsoever for Kimbo's career, winning this fight means jack for him. If he loses he is even more of a laughing stock than he already is.

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    Post Count
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBOTzy1afrE

"Waaahhh!! Hit me!!!"

he's like the boogie monster on roids. i go kimbo.

Post Count
    Fighting Bums in peoples backyards, is why this guy is so popular, pretty pathetic.

First round knockout for Slice. Ken Shamrock is out of gas and just collecting paychecks. I will be watching this fight for free courtesy of free to air satellite

Post Count
    Does anyone know if Kimbo has a deal with Elite-XC that pays him a bonus based on TV ratings??
    Thats a good question although I don't think its likely. I don't even think TV stars get those.

Thread Information