Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Count
    Thats a good question although I don't think its likely. I don't even think TV stars get those.
    Well we know that the huge UFC stars get a cut of the PPV buys. I was wondering if maybe Kimbo got something like that, with the TV ratings or some of the gate?? I just am banging around ideas since i can't understand why his handlers took this fight?? It is a 100% no win situation for this guy, unless it is only about making as much money as possible on the fight.

Thank God I'm a country boy! djohn14's Avatar
    Post Count
    They made him fight Shamrock so he could draw one last big rating before Rogers kicks his ass!

Post Count
    Well we know that the huge UFC stars get a cut of the PPV buys. I was wondering if maybe Kimbo got something like that, with the TV ratings or some of the gate?? I just am banging around ideas since i can't understand why his handlers took this fight?? It is a 100% no win situation for this guy, unless it is only about making as much money as possible on the fight.
    See the problem is you're looking at this rationally like an intelligent person who knows how this mma thing works. EliteXC has NON MMA people running it to the ground.

They see o Vs Shamrock ratings from 06 and so much has happened since then. MMA is already 2 generations past that fight.

And I don't think Ken has an agent, simply a lawyer and Bas Rutten runs everything Kimbo.

Post Count
    shamrock hands down

Post Count
    shamrock hands down
    Shamrock has no cardio, no takedowns, no power in his hands, and can't take a punch anymore. Kimbo sucks but he is going to KO Shamrock, without a doubt.

Post Count
    Here is a recent pic of Shmarock from 3 weeks ago.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/5259/insid...be-exposed.mma

He looks like a 50 year old light heavyweight. If this fight takes more than 60 seconds for Kimbo to smash him them either Kimbo is worse than we thought or it’s a fix.

Just makes no sense to me why they would hinge their entire organization on such a fight. If you're going to roll the dice at least go for broke with a super fight with o/Frank or o/Kimbo.

Post Count
    Here is a recent pic of Shmarock from 3 weeks ago.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/5259/insid...be-exposed.mma

He looks like a 50 year old light heavyweight. If this fight takes more than 60 seconds for Kimbo to smash him them either Kimbo is worse than we thought or it’s a fix.

Just makes no sense to me why they would hinge their entire organization on such a fight. If you're going to roll the dice at least go for broke with a super fight with o/Frank or o/Kimbo.
    o would destroy Kimbo, him and Frank would be a good fight and actually worth seeing. We all saw how bad Kimbo's takedown defense was against Thompson. He had no clue how to keep him inside his guard either. o would take him down and smash him in one round easy.

Seeking the quiet mind desflood's Avatar
    Post Count
    It's laughable how Shamrock once again pushes the leglock in his first sentence and swears he's not a one-dimensional fighter with his next breath.

As an old mma fan, that video makes me damn sad.

Post Count
    Yes the Leg-lock is really his only shot and it is actually no shot at all since he can't get the fight to the ground.

Dirk Administers THE SHOCKER LEONARD's Avatar
    Post Count
    Ken is doing his part to sound tough and hype the fight...I'm sure the casual fan will think he's still a badass...afterall he WILL be announced as "THE WORLD'S MOST DANGEROUS MAN....Ken Shamrock!!"

"Oh look honey, THE WORLD'S MOST DANGEROUS MAN...he must be good"

uhhhhhhhhhhhh

Post Count
    Ken is doing his part to sound tough and hype the fight...I'm sure the casual fan will think he's still a badass...afterall he WILL be announced as "THE WORLD'S MOST DANGEROUS MAN....Ken Shamrock!!"

"Oh look honey, THE WORLD'S MOST DANGEROUS MAN...he must be good"

uhhhhhhhhhhhh
    As a huge MMA fan i kind of was hoping the sport had gotten big enough that most people would already know that Ken Shamrock is not any good anymore. That the MMA stars had gotten enough pub, for most people to know who is good and who completely sucks. But i bet your right and they'll be enough clueless jack-asses out there that here "worlds most dangerous Man" and buy into it. At least until the bell rings and the horrible truth is revealed.

Last person Ken beat was Kimo. Sounds like Kimbo, so thats a good reason to pick him right????

Post Count
    makes sense to me!

Post Count
    Shamrock a former WWF guy, in a rigged fight and will take a dive so Kimbo Slice wins.

Kimbo Slice's win back in May was rigged.

Dirk Administers THE SHOCKER LEONARD's Avatar
    Post Count

Thank God I'm a country boy! djohn14's Avatar
    Post Count
    Shamrock a former WWF guy, in a rigged fight and will take a dive so Kimbo Slice wins.

His ear exploded...thats not good. In fact...I cant think of one scenario where that is a good thing.
    Last edited by djohn14; 09-19-2008 at 06:32 PM.

Post Count

Thanks for the insight.

Post Count

Please keep this nonsense out of the MMA forum when it opens

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count
    TPark will be banned from MMA forum

Anyway - in mma world (fans) everybody is laughing at that fight.
    Nobody gives Shamrock a chance. And I feel persuaded although IMO everything is possible.
    ANd why they want to promote Slice in fights like this?
    And what is this gonna give them (EliteXC) ?

Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    Post Count

lol

OM, you guys are way too sensitive if TPark's comments bother you. I can't imagine the jerkfest you guys are going to have in the MMA forum. The enter button is going to say " In".

Post Count
    Its not that big of a deal...you're overreacting to a few playful responses back to tpark.

When the mma forum up there will be a new trolling stirring it up ever month or two.

"LOLZ ZOMFG MMA is TEH GAY" will be in heavy rotation.

I'm sure our survival instincts will kick in and we will handle it
    Last edited by Evan; 09-23-2008 at 05:45 AM.

Shamrock

This fight isn't for MMA fans, they already have you, this fight is bring in new fans. A lot of people (men in their 30's) know the name Ken Shamrock, name recognition is huge for marketing. Kimbo is a freak show, a big mean looking street fighter with a hard fist. Elite XC is trying to capture new fans. Unfortunitly, you don't capture new "casual" fans with good, smart, strategic technical fights. You get casual fans by using big names and freaks.

With that said, i think its a terrible strategy because that last Kimbo fight was a terrible thing to watch.

Post Count
    This fight isn't for MMA fans, they already have you, this fight is bring in new fans. A lot of people (men in their 30's) know the name Ken Shamrock, name recognition is huge for marketing. Kimbo is a freak show, a big mean looking street fighter with a hard fist. Elite XC is trying to capture new fans. Unfortunitly, you don't capture new "casual" fans with good, smart, strategic technical fights. You get casual fans by using big names and freaks.
    I don't agree.

UFC has been sky rocketing in popularity but NOT doing that.

And out of every organization, supposedly the UFC has the lowest demographic.
    Last edited by Evan; 10-02-2008 at 03:52 PM.

Thread Information