Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Dirk Administers THE SHOCKER LEONARD's Avatar
    Post Count

Who ya got???!!!

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count
    I haven't seen Ken in along time.
    I thought he retired.

If he won't be caught up with a shot he can take Kimbo on the ground and that's it - end of fight. Grapplers always have adventage, however as I look at GSP this statment seem irrational.

Post Count
    farce and I pray Ken wins. I hope the athletic commission bans this freak show.

Everyone was so happy with the Rogers fight...why did they change it....
    Last edited by Evan; 08-25-2008 at 06:42 PM.

Dirk Administers THE SHOCKER LEONARD's Avatar
    Post Count
    I haven't seen Ken in along time.
    I thought he retired.
    Nope...fought in Cage Rage in March and was supposed to win to get a shot at Kimbo, but he lost so he fought JT...but now Shamrock still gets Kimbo...

Post Count

this is a lame fight but on praying on the life of mma shamrock wins.

Thank God I'm a country boy! djohn14's Avatar
    Post Count
    Shamrock will be on life support after this. Of course as a MMA fan I want Ken to win, but seriously. Its just a push for Kimbo...put him against a big name, past his prime...and not really a fighter anymore, who was a good fighter at best.

Thank God I'm a country boy! djohn14's Avatar
    Post Count
    MMARated.com is reporting that Brett Roger's camp has confirmed that he will face the winner of the upcoming Kimbo Slice/Ken Shamrock fight that will go down on EliteXC's next CBS special on October 4. Rogers has even been invited to sit ringside for the Shamrock/Slice fight and is expected to challenge the winner of the fight in the ring when the fight concludes.

You can't handle The Truth TheTruth's Avatar
    Post Count
    MMARated.com is reporting that Brett Roger's camp has confirmed that he will face the winner of the upcoming Kimbo Slice/Ken Shamrock fight that will go down on EliteXC's next CBS special on October 4. Rogers has even been invited to sit ringside for the Shamrock/Slice fight and is expected to challenge the winner of the fight in the ring when the fight concludes.
    God, do they want to be the WWF?

Post Count
    farce and I pray Ken wins. I hope the athletic commission bans this freak show.

Everyone was so happy with the Rogers fight...why did they change it....
    Wondering that myself what is up with this?? If Ken even at his age, had any ground game whatsoever, he could get Kimbo down and submit him. However he really has no takedowns whatsoever. His stand up sucks. He'll probably get KO'd, but this does nothing for Slice whatsoever. Dana should send Brock to Elite XC for one fight, after he bashes Kimbo, nobody will ever talk about him again.

Post Count
    I wonder if this will get sanctioned....

I dont even want to think this will happen. Does Ken really want to be remembered as a guy that got beat up by Kimbo? If it was earlier in his career I'd give it to him but sadly I gotta give it to Kimbo.

Post Count
    Before we go on I must say, you have the best sig on the internets.

I am humbled....

*curtsies*

I dont even want to think this will happen. Does Ken really want to be remembered as a guy that got beat up by Kimbo? If it was earlier in his career I'd give it to him but sadly I gotta give it to Kimbo.
    Ken got beat by o a few times...he knows no shame.

God, do they want to be the WWF?
    that's a big audience with lots of revenue. If they can get some of that without alienating their own fan base why not?

Post Count
    that's a big audience with lots of revenue. If they can get some of that without alienating their own fan base why not?
    See thats the problem....their fan base is largely hardcore fans which is the case for any non UFC event. And they are losing money by the shipload.

And everyone is pretty alienated.

See thats the problem....their fan base is largely hardcore fans which is the case for any non UFC event. And they are losing money by the shipload.

And everyone is pretty alienated.
    non UFC events are going to need more than just the hardcore fan to survive. If they can make a significant push into the WWF market then maybe, but like you I don't think it will work. Sensing XFL failure.

Win. Whatever it Takes Whisky Dog's Avatar
    Post Count
    Man, I like watching some of these bouts, but the people who promote this are ing it up big time. Kimbo vs Shamrock? How can that be taken seriously?

Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    Post Count
    shamrock!

Post Count
    Man, I like watching some of these bouts, but the people who promote this are ing it up big time. Kimbo vs Shamrock? How can that be taken seriously?
    Its not, by anyone.

EliteXC has been run to the ground by a side show boxing promoter.

Its not, by anyone.

EliteXC has been run to the ground by a side show boxing promoter.
    dude, the failure in this organization has more to do than its promoter. All of these other organziations are failing and they all don't have boxing promoters.

Post Count
    dude, the failure in this organization has more to do than its promoter. All of these other organziations are failing and they all don't have boxing promoters.
    But this is especially pointed at boxing ultra hype style with nothing there of substance… …even people within the organization have said so.This Kimbo mess was a huge deathblow in the eyes of fans and yet EXC just doesn't get it.

And you know very well how Gary Shaw is regarded in the boxing realm.

This is who those idiots put in charge of EliteXC-MMA

(I'm quoting someone from a forum here)

Recently, Gary Shaw has been quoted as saying "As far as Dana saying that I was never a fan of mixed martial arts, ask him to produce articles or tape on me saying the things he said I said. It can't happen. I was watching mma with my son back when Dana was selling used cars or whatever he was doing before the UFC. I never belittle any sport or organization, that's not my style." (http://mmafightline.com/news/2008/31...c_318572.shtml)

Ok, Gary, you asked for it: "Boxing promoter Gary Shaw attributes Ultimate Fighting's rise to a generation inured to violence and mayhem -- the sort commonly depicted in movies and videogames. "The mixture of wrestling with boxing and the fact that it's not staged goes to the bloodthirsty segment of the population," he says." (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1142...SB_WelcomeSkip)

And speaking of how he "watched MMA with [his] son": “My son Jaret, he’s 26, talked me into it,” said Shaw, whose son is a big follower of mixed martial arts. “He told me you’re going to be at the train station and end up as a bystander, not the engineer.” (http://www.thesweetscience.com/boxin...ping-into-mma/)

Strange. So, his son convinced him to get into MMA promotion so he wouldn't miss the opportunity to make money off the "bloodthirsty" MMA fans.
    Last edited by Evan; 08-26-2008 at 08:13 AM.

I wonder if Ryan Shamrock will be commentating on his brothers fight? Dont they still hate each other?

Post Count
    So as you can see when you put a soulless double speaking boxing s bag vampire promoter in charge, you fail. If they had put someone in charge who knew MMA and last it half us much as everyone on this forum does, they would have flourished.

Post Count
    I wonder if Ryan Shamrock will be commentating on his brothers fight? Dont they still hate each other?
    You mean Frank?

There might be a Ryan, I'm not sure…there is like 20 of them. But I hope so…Frank Shamrock is awesome behind the mic and doesn't get enough credit IMO.

But there seems to be a weird rift right now between Strikeforce and EXC. Not sure what its about. Probably just boils down to money like everthing else.
    Last edited by Evan; 08-26-2008 at 08:09 AM.

You mean Frank?

There might be a Ryan, I'm not sure…there is like 20 of them. But I hope so…Frank Shamrock is awesome behind the mic and doesn't get enough credit IMO.

But there seems to be a weird rift right now between Strikeforce and EXC. Not sure what its about. Probably just boils down to money like everthing else.
    LOL sorry Ryan was Ken's "sister" in wwe hahaha and since there was WWE talk earlier I got confused hahaha. Frank is pretty good from the fights I have heard him call. There is another guy there that I can not stand.

But this is especially pointed at boxing ultra hype style with nothing there of substance… …even people within the organization have said so.This Kimbo mess was a huge deathblow in the eyes of fans and yet EXC just doesn't get it.

And you know very well how Gary Shaw is regarded in the boxing realm.

This is who those idiots put in charge of EliteXC-MMA

(I'm quoting someone from a forum here)
    I'm not defending Shaw, but every other organization other than the UFC has failed or is failing regardless or promoter. There's only so much you can put on Shaw's shoulders. At least he's generating nationwide attention, unlike orgs like the IFL.

For some reason the mainstream hasn't accepted any but the UFC. i figure that their fighters are more recognizable.

Thread Information