Post Count
    http://mmajunkie.com/news/5104/ufc-9...tland-ore-.mma

The Ultimate Fighting Championship is in talks with the Oregon State Athletic Commission to organize an event that could take place Nov. 15 at the Rose Garden Arena in Portland, Ore.

The event, which presumably would be dubbed UFC 91, could feature a lightweight bout between top contenders Kenny Florian (10-3 MMA, 8-2 UFC) and Joe Stevenson (29-8 MMA, 6-2 UFC).

Brad Darcy, executive director of the OSAC, today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that the event has not been finalized but that it's definitely "in the works."

"I can't completely confirm yet the UFC date," Dracy said of the event, which would be the UFC's first in Oregon. "There's been discussion between [the UFC], the Rose Garden and myself. We are looking at a November date. I believe I should know very soon whether they've finalized that deal or not."

Beginning in early 2007, Marc Ratner, the UFC's vice president of regulatory affairs, talked openly about the UFC's plan to host a future event in Oregon.

A source close to the UFC said the event will air on pay per view and that it could be announced by month's end.

Florian recently picked up his fifth consecutive victory with a unanimous-decision win over Roger Huerta at UFC 87. The victory likely earned "The Ultimate Fighter" runner-up his second le shot, but Florian said he wanted to fight again before year's end -- even if it wasn't for the le. The bout could come against Stevenson, who like Florian, is hoping to reclaim a second shot at the le. After a January loss to current le-holder B.J. Penn, Stevenson defeated Gleison Tibau via second-round submission in July.

The Rose Garden Arena is can accommodate nearly 20,000 fans. It is home to the NBA's Portland Trail Blazers.

For the latest on the rumored UFC 91 event, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of MMAjunkie.com.

Post Count
    And rumors are spreading that Randy may headline it. I don't buy much into it but its out there.

Post Count
    I hope it's true. I would love to see it live.

Post Count
    And rumors are spreading that Randy may headline it. I don't buy much into it but its out there.
    against who? Nog is going to be fighting Mir.

Post Count
    against who? Nog is going to be fighting Mir.
    My guess

1. Lesnar
    2. Fedor

But until something real comes out this is just wild speculation to pass the day.

Thank God I'm a country boy! djohn14's Avatar
    Post Count
    Yeah, I heard that 2 Evan!

Post Count
    I wanted to see Coleman smash Lesnar.

Post Count
    tlongII, you going?

Post Count
    thank god. hopefully its not to late. i wouldn't be surprised if shocks us again and beats nog.

Thread Information