Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How awesome are they? Should I go get one?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want one, mostly for Blu-Ray....

I would also like to play MGS and Resistance....

I wouldn't buy it if you only wanted to play games, the 360 has a better library at this point, but if you want it as a Blu-Ray player it's a better deal.

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    How awesome are they? Should I go get one?
    Still the best Blu-Ray player available, and a damned impressive looking group of exclusive les getting ready to drop. I'm planning to get one, but am holding out hope that the holidays may bring a price reduction.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    They suck ass for everything except blu-ray. i have one

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want one, mostly for Blu-Ray....

I would also like to play MGS and Resistance....

I wouldn't buy it if you only wanted to play games, the 360 has a better library at this point, but if you want it as a Blu-Ray player it's a better deal.
    that's why I went with a laptop that has a blu-ray..

you get the best gaming on windows

but as far as it being better than the xbox? at this point I believe so...
    blu ray... free online gaming...

yeah this is better

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ps3 is all right i have it but it does not touch the 360 when it comes to online game play and onine features, thats why you pay $50 or $60 a year for xbox live, sure sony is free online but theres a reason, cuz their online features pretty much suck. They are starting to make some improvements.

There are still tons more game les for the xbox 360. Blu Ray on the ps3 is cool but you will find most movies are still not out for Blu Ray they may have a couple hundred les so far but the catalog is growing. NOw that hd dvd is dead in the water you will see a lot more blu ray les.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't argue the fact that the 360 has a better game lineup, almost every top game that the PS3 has the 360 has, in addition the 360 has a lot of other exclusive games that the PS3 does not, while the PS3 only has a handfull of good games that aren't available on the 360.

Free online gaming and Blu-Ray doesn't make for a better game console, it does make it a better high def movie player, that and the combination of a very select number of highly rated exclusive les certainly make it worth buying.

I'm pretty sure Manny has an HDTV...

If it didn't play Blu-Ray movies I wouldn't even begin to consider buying one...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I have an HD rig. I don't know if I'm into gaming enough to buy one, but I was thinking about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't have a PS3 or a 360, I was planning on buyin a 360 for the games.. but never really did.

Instead I bought a laptop hp9830..

blu ray, 17 ", 8600 gs video card, 4 gig ram.. and since I needed a laptop to begin with this is all I need..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I have an HD rig. I don't know if I'm into gaming enough to buy one, but I was thinking about it.
    If you want a Blu-Ray player you might as well get a PS3...

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    hey cucking there isnt going to be another price drop this year for the ps3. They recently had one. So don't hold your breath.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The original 60GB model was the most feature rich player (currently the only SACD player that outputs 5 digital sound channels over HDMI). How much of the original features are still in the current models?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whatever you do don't buy the 40gig version.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They suck ass for everything except blu-ray. i have one
    Yeah I got a couple friends regretting buying them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have both a PS3 and Xbox, as of now I play the PS3 more only because most my friends are playing Call of Duty 4 on the PS3 but you can also play it on Xbox so it's a moot point.

Monday is a big day for my PS3, Socom beta comes out. I have been a Socom freak since Socom 1 on PS2. I will have at least 1 (maybe 3) extra beta keys that I will give out on Mon. or Tues. if anyone is interested.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still the best Blu-Ray player available, and a damned impressive looking group of exclusive les getting ready to drop. I'm planning to get one, but am holding out hope that the holidays may bring a price reduction.
    Pretty much the same for me. But I'm not even going to buy one. I don't have any money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just got one last friday(80gb).

Best purchase I've made in a while. Other than the HDTV to go with it.

I was planning on just getting the exclusive games for it, since I have a wii and 360 already. But the games I've tried already, look damn good, so I might have to decide whats more important, gamerscore on the 360 or the graphics on the PS3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just got one last friday(80gb).

Best purchase I've made in a while. Other than the HDTV to go with it.

I was planning on just getting the exclusive games for it, since I have a wii and 360 already. But the games I've tried already, look damn good, so I might have to decide whats more important, gamerscore on the 360 or the graphics on the PS3.

Smart man going with the 80gb version. I'm just waiting now for NBA2k9 to come out.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die. midgetonadonkey's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love the fact that I can use my laptop as a media server and play all of the videos and music I download on the PS3 and watch bootlegs on my TV. I used to transfer them to DVD and then play them on my PS2 before. I don't know if XBOX360 has that capability. Also, the games look incredible on my HDTV. I'm not much for online gaming so that part of it isn't really important to me, but when I do play COD4 online it's great. I don't have any complaints about it.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love the fact that I can use my laptop as a media server and play all of the videos and music I download on the PS3 and watch bootlegs on my TV. I used to transfer them to DVD and then play them on my PS2 before. I don't know if XBOX360 has that capability. Also, the games look incredible on my HDTV. I'm not much for online gaming so that part of it isn't really important to me, but when I do play COD4 online it's great. I don't have any complaints about it.
    xbox media center can do basically the same thing, i think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would recomend Xbox 360 but PS3 is a great computer....

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    free online gaming...

I'd rather pay $50 a year for xbl than that abortion of an attempt of online for free on the ps3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ps3 S xbox 360

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

neat

anything to back your claim up?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    But the Blu Ray player alone is reason to buy one as its cheaper than most BR players.

I love the PS3...I don't regret buying one at all. I know two people who's 360's have broken down so many times they are now collecting dust.

Also I am also not the type of person who nit picks the out of everything they buy.

Thread Information