Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    Hi,

We decided to go ahead with the MMA forum. It will open on/before Oct 1 with the other improvements to SpursTalk.

Here's what I need from you:

1. A name for the forum.

2. A logo and color suggestions for the forum. The logo needs to be 650 x 164. If one of you is good at PhotoShop, make a few versions and vote on it.

3. As you all might know, I'm the sports channel editor for b5media, where I oversee 20+ sports blogger/blogs. One of the blogs is called Jab & Grapple and includes wrestling, boxing and now MMA stuff. I need guest posts for this blog - unpaid - up to three times a week. I would think between all of you, that you guys could probably manage that, right? You would get your name on the post along with a link back to your website (or to this forum).

Thanks.

-K

Post Count
    bad.ass

thanks

as for 3...I used to have my own MMA blog/site( which brought me here since a story I wrote was linked here) but I got so burned out I shut it down. But if the mood every strikes me again I will submit my rant.....just don't expect AP style. hah

To be honest I will probably never be motivated to write a story again. Sorry.
    Last edited by Evan; 08-31-2008 at 11:45 PM.

Thank God I'm a country boy! djohn14's Avatar
    Post Count
    Kori...I worship you...Thank you so much.

Post Count
    Awesome, thanks Kori

We'll make great use of the forum we promise. MMA talk has really grown around here in the last year and with an MMA forum now official, it will only get bigger. Everyone that talks MMA here is very knowledgeable and we have great discussions. I'd expect that to continue, only on a larger scale. This is great

Seeking the quiet mind desflood's Avatar
    Post Count
    What a blast. Thank you, dear Kori! My hubby says he might take a run or two at a possible logo - he's getting pretty good at photoshop and likes playing with that sort of thing.

Post Count
    Alright folks....

I say the forum name is "Fight Club" in honor of the greatest fight movie of all time.

Thoughts?

You can't handle The Truth TheTruth's Avatar
    Post Count
    I agree with Fight Club. That way it doesn't distinguish between MMA and Boxing. There are a bunch of boxing fans that post here as well.

You can't handle The Truth TheTruth's Avatar
    Post Count
    And you guys that pleaded for a Forum, better work your asses off to make it grow. Don't make Kori go through all that work only to see RealKingsTalk part 2.

Fight Club. I like it.

And what TheTruth said.

Post Count
    I agree with Fight Club. That way it doesn't distinguish between MMA and Boxing. There are a bunch of boxing fans that post here as well.
    We decided to go ahead with the MMA forum.
    Uh buddy...its the MMA FORUM as Boxing fans didn't care enough to ask for one. We have been begging for one for half a year...user after user.

We decided to go ahead with the MMA forum.

And you guys that pleaded for a Forum, better work your asses off to make it grow. Don't make Kori go through all that work only to see RealKingsTalk part 2.
    AND WE WILL KEEP UP WITH MMA TALK.
    Last edited by Evan; 08-31-2008 at 09:23 PM.

Post Count
    dallaskd...you worked the most for this...cheers my friend

Post Count
    Don't make Kori go through all that work only to see RealKingsTalk part 2.
    That won't happen. An average UFC fight thread gets more traffic then any thread in Kingstalk even during the NBA season. Almost no Kings fans post there, at all. Evan and Leonard do a bang up job updating everything in the world of MMA, DallasKd as well. I'm here quite often along with many others that are into MMA around here. This will grow and be a great addition to Spurstalk. There are a lot of big event fights coming up in the next 6 months or so alone. Should be a lot of fun.

Post Count
    Alright folks....

I say the forum name is "Fight Club" in honor of the greatest fight movie of all time.

Thoughts?

I like it

Post Count
    And again..this is a MMA forum...boxing fans have apathy and never asked for a forum.

Thank God I'm a country boy! djohn14's Avatar
    Post Count
    Fight Club...I think I can handle that. This froum will not fail either...Everyone knows what they are talking about, and thats why everyone loves it!

Post Count
    I love you guys...Fight club was written by Chuck Palahniuk who is also my favorite author. I care more about books than MMA so this will make me cry.

3 stars and a sun
    Post Count
    Fight Club gets my vote too.

Been out of touch with MMA since the last time I practiced grappling. Hopefully,this new MMA forum will help me get back on the mats and hit the bags again. And a few $ will surely help

to all who've worked for this!

Post Count
    Fight Club gets my vote too.

Been out of touch with MMA since the last time I practiced grappling.
    Hopefully,this new MMA forum will help me get back on the mats and hit the bags again. And a few $ will surely help

to all who've worked for this!
    I promise that we will get you caught up...any question you ask will be answered on the new MMA forum.

Post Count
    Fight Club!!

Post Count
    Color ideas? Photoshop skills anybody?

Post Count
    Color ideas? Photoshop skills anybody?
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Image- I would like to have something that is glove based but I am willing to defer 100% creative rights to desflood's husband. If she lets her husband have full control I am sure it will be done right.

Color - MMA is Black, White and Red....right? The Octagon is black cage with a White floor (or the UFC gray that sucks) and red for blood.

Post Count
    That sounds about right.

Can we use fight club? Dont want Kori to get in trouble with copyright. If we can Fight Club would rock!!

Seeking the quiet mind desflood's Avatar
    Post Count
    Black, white and red sounds pretty good... and a glove of some sort doesn't sound bad either. Any other suggestions, guys? I'll send him in here and have him talk with everybody and see what happens.

Post Count
    Black, white and red sounds pretty good... and a glove of some sort doesn't sound bad either. Any other suggestions, guys? I'll send him in here and have him talk with everybody and see what happens.
    yeah any other suggestions...probably be better to have 4 or 5 things to chose from..

Thread Information