My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ha, ha .. I'm asking for translation of something I wrote.

Sometimes I write the sidebars for Ole' (Argentina's newspaper).

Today is one of those times ...

YO DIGO
    El honor de unos pocos

http://www.ole.clarin.com/jsp/v3/pag...p?pagId=918898

Kori Ellis. Editora de SpursZONE.com (0'44")

Obtener el título de la NBA en el 2003 y la medalla de oro en el 2004 definió a Ginóbili como un ganador. Ayer quedó definido como un All Star, un honor que sólo 24 de 400 jugadores pueden tener. Y hablamos de la mejor liga del mundo. Tras semanas de especulaciones sobre quién podía merecer un lugar, los coaches eligieron a Manu. Si uno mira sólo las estadísticas, tal vez pueda pensar que otros merecen un puesto más que él. Pero si cuenta los intangibles, nadie lo merece más. Su energía y compe ividad son invalorables para los Spurs, que usualmente se la dan a él cuando necesitan una canasta en momentos decisivos.

En los últimos años ha ganado fama por siempre hacer algo espectacular, pero más allá de jugadas fantásticas, su mejor puntería, defensa y toma de decisiones lo han convertido uno de los mejores guardias de la NBA. Seguramente los Spurs, en la recta final de temporada, se apoyarán en Duncan, su estrella, pero también en los rápidos y siempre móviles hombros de Ginóbili, su nuevo All Star.

Primary article by Julian Mozo

Who is this guy, again? travis2's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're only 44 inches tall now???

Who is this guy, again? travis2's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's a machine translation...

Obtaining the le of the NBA in the 2003 and the medal of gold in the 2004 defined to Ginóbili as a winner. Yesterday remained defined as an All Star, a honor that only 24 of 400 players they can have. And we speak of the best league of the world. After weeks of speculations on who could deserve a place, the coaches chose to Manu. If one sight only the statistics, perhaps can think that other they deserve a position more than he. But if it counts the intangible, nobody deserves him more. Their energy and compe iveness they are invalorables for the Spurs, that usually they are given it to him when they need a basket in decisive moments.

In recent years has earned fame by always do somewhat spectacular, but beyond played fantastic, their better aim, defense and takes of decisions they have converted it one of the better guards of the NBA. Surely the Spurs, in the straight end of season, they will be supported in Duncan, their star, but also in the fast and always mobile shoulders of Ginóbili, their new one All Star.

Multimedia Spurs
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    don't you have your original in English? would be better than translating back from another language.

Over Medium
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its the estimated time to read the article

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    don't you have your original in English? would be better than translating back from another language.
    Of course I have the original in English. I just want to see if what's in the paper in Spanish is what I actually wrote.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its the estimated time to read the article
    Ha! It's not supposed to be a full article, it's just the sidebar on someone else's column.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kori, though my english is not that good, I'll try to translate this article the best I can...

I SAY
    An honor of few

http://www.ole.clarin.com/jsp/v3/pag...p?pagId=918898

Kori Ellis. Editor of Spurszone.com (0'44")

Obtaining an NBA le in 2003 and the Gold Medal in 2004 defined Ginobili as a player. Yesterday, he was defined as an all star, an honor that only 24 out of 400 players may have. And we are speaking of the best league in the world. After weeks of speculation regarding who could deserve a spot, the coaches have chosen Manu. If you take a look at the stats, you may think others deserve a spot more than he does, but if you take into consideration the intangibles,nobody deserves more. His energy and compe iveness are invaluable to the Spurs, that usually hand him the ball in decisive moments.

In the last few years, he has earned fame for always trying something spectacular, but beyond his stunning moves, his improved shooting, defense and decision making, he has becomed one of the best guards in the NBA. The Come playoff time, the Spurs will probably lean on Duncan, its star, but also in the quick and always moving shoulders of Ginóbili, its new All Star.

Primary article by Julian Mozo[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I know its not the most accurate, but I guess you can get the point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks a lot.

That's close to what I wrote in English for the most part.

Name you'd love to touch maxpower's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Achieving the nba le in 2003 and the gold medal in 2004 defined Ginobili a winner. Yesterday he was defined an all star, an honor that only 24 of 400 players can have. And we are talking about the best league in the world. Three weeks(tres) of speculation over who was worthy of a spot, the coaches selected Manu. If one just looks at the statistics, it's possible to think others are more worthy than him. But if you count the intangibles, no one deserves it more. His energy and compe iveness are invaluable to the Spurs, who usually give him the ball when they need a basket in decisive moments.

In the last few years he's won fame for always doing something spectacular, but more than the fantastic plays, his improved accuracy, defense and decision making have made him one of the best guards in the NBA. Surely the Spurs, in the final stretches of the season, will rely on Duncan, the star, but also on the fast and always mobile shoulders of Ginobili, their new all star.

Haven't read any translations if there are any yet....My translation is more word for word.

Thread Information