ATRAIN is gay peewee's lovechild's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Notre Dame Fighting Irish
    http://www.ain cool.com/node/38159

Is Warner Bros. contemplating going Bryan Singer-free for a new big-screen "Superman" project that could start shooting next summer??

From G4’s Blair Butler:

"I've had this plan for like 10 years for a big three-picture Superman thing, like a Lord of the Rings epic, starting over from scratch again with a seven-hour Superman story. One to be released each year." [Mark] Millar said.

Millar says there's nothing firm yet, but he hopes to get word over the next few weeks. If everything goes perfectly, they'll be shooting next summer.

Who is the big-deal mystery director who approached Millar about scripting a new big-screen Man of Steel??

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    wb pewee

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Where have you been PW?

I've seen you around about as much as DQ.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Damn dude WTF? I thought Atrain disposed of you like he did the Q....

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Good, Superman Returns was decent enough to stand on its own as a one-film story but I'm glad they aren't trying to continue the franchise with the same filmmakers.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    With the exception of the Batman franchise, I'm really starting to detest all comic book movies.

Texans-Spurs-Rangers traitoravery's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    With the exception of the Batman franchise, I'm really starting to detest all comic book movies.
    Umm X-Men and Iron Man?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Awesome, they can call it Superman, Superman II, and Superman III.

Waitasecond....

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    Umm X-Men and Iron Man?
    X-Men came around back when comic hero movies weren't so overplayed. Back then it was one of hte only comic movies coming out that year, now we're getting beat over the head with like 8 ing comic movies a year.

And Iron Man was okay but WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY overrated.

Ain't over 'till its over MaNuMaNiAc's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Umm X-Men and Iron Man?
    How the !?? can you even mention those two in the same sentence?? seriously!

X-Men sucked mayor balls. Iron Man was a breath of fresh air... comic book fan wise obviously.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Utah Jazz
    College
    Alabama Crimson Tide
    Thank. God. I didn't even bother to see Spidey 3 (which would've upset me too), but of all the flicks I have seen, in the past decade none pissed me off more than Superman Returns. I've never had higher expectations for a movie that turned out to be a complete and utter piece of .

Seriously, he's ing Superman and instead of having him, y'know, battle to save the planet from interstellar annihilation at the hands of Darkseid, Brainiac or Doomsday we had some gay ass plot about a Lex Luthor real-estate scheme. Lex Luthor shouldn't be the main adversary, he should be an auxiliary component to the real bad guys.There was barely any action even. The plot was lame, the adversary was lame, keeping all the 70's nostalgia crap was lame, the production was lame and Superman himself was lame. What a ing ty movie that was.

When they re-did The Incredible Hulk I mentioned on here a few times that I wished they'd do the same with Superman. Here's hoping they get it right this time.

And as long as were talking comic movies- Why the was Nightcrawler left out of X3? His White House scene to open X2 was probably the coolest action sequence to ever grace the comic movie genre and then they just wrote him completely out of the next film. Whoever the made that decision failed the litmus test of common sense and should be shot dead for the good of humanity... or at least they should be shut out of writing in Hollywood for the rest of their natural lives.

And Iron Man was okay but WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY overrated.
    +1
    Last edited by balli; 09-04-2008 at 08:21 PM.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Watching 'Man Of Steel'. @ Hollywood reinforcing the idea that buildings hitting skyscrapers will bring them down fast and easy.

Thread Information