My Team
    Oklahoma State Cowboys
    Post Count
    Oklahoma State’s Dez Bryant Is National Player of the Week

Oklahoma State sop re wide receiver Dez Bryant is this week’s recipient of the Walter Camp Foundation’s National Offensive Player of the Week honor, it was announced today.

Bryant exploded in the Cowboys’ 56-37 win over Houston on Saturday, catching nine passes for 236 yards and three touchdowns and returning a punt 74 yards for a touchdown. Bryant’s 236 yards stand as the second-highest single-game total in school history. When his contributions in the return game are included, Bryant totaled 311 all-purpose yards in leading OSU to victory.

With 16 catches for 326 yards and three touchdowns through two games this year, Bryant is fast emerging as one of the nation’s most prolific wideouts. He has also enjoyed good success in the return game, as he took a punt back 42 yards to set up a Cowboy score in the season-opener at Washington State to go with his punt return touchdown against Houston.

Perhaps the most dangerous offensive weapon in the country so far this season, Bryant has been involved in six plays of 29 yards or longer and is averaging 20.2 yards per touch through two games.

He and the Cowboys host Missouri State at 6:05 p.m. this Saturday at Boone Pickens Stadium.

http://waltercamp.org/index.php/news...s_of_the_week/

Proud Silver Medalist Doug Collins's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    ...Him?

My Team
    Oklahoma State Cowboys
    Post Count
    Also B12 OPOW

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArtic...ATCLID=1577525

Dez Bryant (Oklahoma State), Cha’pelle Brown (Colorado), Courtney Herndon (Kansas State) and Niles Paul (Nebraska) have been named Big 12 Conference Football Players of the Week as selected by a media panel. All four earned their first career weekly honor.

Big 12 Offensive Player of the Week
    Dez Bryant, Oklahoma State, WR, So., Lufkin, Texas
    Dez Bryant had 311 all-purpose yards and scored four touchdowns in OSU’s win over Houston. He had touchdown receptions covering 39, 29, and 74 yards and added a fourth score on a 71-yard punt return. The sop re wide receiver totaled nine catches for 236 yards. His yardage total is the best in the country this season and the second-best receiving day in OSU history, topped only by Adarius Bowman’s Big 12 record 300-yard game at Kansas in 2006. Bryant leads the Big 12 and ranks third nationally with 163 receiving yards per game. He also leads the league and ranks fifth nationally in all-purpose yards (242 per game).

Big 12 Defensive Co-Players of the Week
    Cha’pelle Brown, Colorado, CB, Jr, La Puente, Calif.
    Cha’pelle Brown returned an interception 27 yards for a touchdown with 1:44 left in the game to rally Colorado to victory over Eastern Washington. The junior cornerback made six tackles, all solo, including two third down stops. He also contributed a tackle for no yards and broke up two passes.

Courtney Herndon, Kansas State, DB, Jr., Dallas, Texas
    Courtney Herndon returned a fumble 43 yards for a touchdown, blocked a punt that was recovered for a touchdown and intercepted a pass and returned it 26 yards to set up another K-State score in the win over Montana State. He recorded four total tackles, one of which went for a loss. The junior defensive back scored or played a part in 21 non-offensive points for the Wildcats.

Big 12 Special Teams Player of the Week
    Niles Paul, Nebraska, KR/PR/WR, So., Omaha, Neb.
    Niles Paul returned two kickoffs for 111 yards, including an 85-yarder for a touchdown in Nebraska’s win over San Jose State. He also had two punt returns for 21 yards and caught two passes for 27 yards. The sop re is averaging 40.0 yards per kickoff return to rank third in the Big 12 and fifth nationally. He is sixth in the league in punt returns (13.2) and in the top 30 in NCAA rankings.

2008 Big 12 Football Players of the Week
    Offensive
    Sept. 2 - Josh Freeman, KSU, QB, Jr and Colt McCoy, UT, QB, Jr.
    Sept. 8 - Dez Bryant, OSU, WR, So.

Defensive
    Sept. 2 - Stryker Sulak, MU, DE, Sr.
    Sept. 8 - Cha’pelle Brown, CU, CB, Jr. and Courtney Herndon, KSU, DB, Jr.

Special Teams
    Sept. 2 - Jeremy Maclin, MU, KR/PR/WR, So.
    Sept. 8 - Niles Paul, NU, KR/PR/WR, So.

I'm your huckleberry K-State Spur's Avatar
    My Team
    Kansas State Wildcats
    Post Count
    So is Courtney Herndon.

My Team
    Oklahoma State Cowboys
    Post Count
    Weird how CH was the WC Defensive POW but was only good enough to be co-B12 DPOW.

I'm your huckleberry K-State Spur's Avatar
    My Team
    Kansas State Wildcats
    Post Count
    Woody Paige stuffed the local ballot.

My Team
    Oklahoma State Cowboys
    Post Count
    Woody Paige stuffed the local ballot.

lol

Thread Information