needs a margarita
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad I have an original one

Apple recalls tiny iPhone 3G adapters

Saturday, September 20, 2008
    Apple Inc. on Friday advised iPhone 3G users to replace the device's power adapter following reports that metal prongs broke off and stuck in power outlets, creating a risk of electric shock.

Cupertino's Apple said it will exchange the ultra-compact USB adapters for a redesigned model, without charge, in retail stores and online starting Oct. 10.

In the meantime, iPhone 3G users who received the tiny USB adapter with their phone or who bought it separately should immediately stop using it. Apple said iPhone 3G owners should use its standard USB power adapter, which has fold-up prongs, or charge the device by plugging it into a computer.

"We have received reports of detached blades involving a very small percentage of the adapters sold, but no injuries have been reported," Apple said in a statement.

Spokeswoman Natalie Kerris could not say exactly how many adapters have broken in this way.

The recall affects ultra-compact USB power adapters sold in the United States, Argentina, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Japan, Mexico, Panama and Peru.

Adapters with a green dot on the bottom are safe and do not need to be replaced, Apple said.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...BU0C131DTI.DTL

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What the is the adapter...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What the is the adapter...

It's this thingy that allows you to charge the iPhone on a wall outlet. Apparently people were yanking them out of the wall and it would leave the metal prongs stuck in the socket. Which only opens up a hole other can of worms.

If your adapter has a green dot already, you have one of the new remodeled versions.

Thread Information