Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526
    Post Count
    "People who follow MMA say that one of the problems is that ole Kimbo and female star Gina Carano are the only fighters with star appeal"

This is why i can't take this nonsense seriously. That is about the dumbest i have ever read right there.

If he replaced mma and put elite xc I would agree with him

Post Count
    "People who follow MMA say that one of the problems is that ole Kimbo and female star Gina Carano are the only fighters with star appeal"

This is why i can't take this nonsense seriously. That is about the dumbest i have ever read right there.
    which goes back to one of my previous comments on how the mass media is picking up on this and haven't a clue what the difference is between MMA, UFC and EXC.

And I agree BlackSwordsMan

Post Count
    which goes back to one of my previous comments on how the mass media is picking up on this and haven't a clue what the difference is between MMA, UFC and EXC.

I understand Evan, really i do. But like i said we have a typical over-reaction here to this story and what will sell is trying to lump MMA into this as a whole. Of course they know what the difference is. But trashing EXC is not y enough, trashing MMA and killing the sport will get more attention. In this era of dying newspapers, internet bloggers, up the ass, millions of people with opinions vying for attention in the market, talking is the only thing that sells anymore. I am not worried about this at all. In 5 weeks when Brock is fighting Randy, that will be the biggest thing going on in the MMA world. This is HOT right now, it won't last.

Post Count
    I understand Evan, really i do. But like i said we have a typical over-reaction here to this story and what will sell is trying to lump MMA into this as a whole. Of course they know what the difference is. But trashing EXC is not y enough, trashing MMA and killing the sport will get more attention. In this era of dying newspapers, internet bloggers, up the ass, millions of people with opinions vying for attention in the market, talking is the only thing that sells anymore. I am not worried about this at all. In 5 weeks when Brock is fighting Randy, that will be the biggest thing going on in the MMA world. This is HOT right now, it won't last.

I'm not sure whatsoever what the lasting impact will be although I lean to you being right.

To me that’s not the point so much, for me that it happened at all is what infuriates me. MMA was doing just fine until boxing got involved. As a once-upon-a-time massive boxing fan its pretty sad to see this. That’s why it bothers me more than most.

Post Count
    I'm not sure whatsoever what the lasting impact will be although I lean to you being right.

To me that’s not the point so much, for me that it happened at all is what infuriates me. MMA was doing just fine until boxing got involved. As a once-upon-a-time massive boxing fan its pretty sad to see this. That’s why it bothers me more than most.
    I understand but sports survive scandals, they have had too at one time or another. I think looking back on this 10 years from now, EXC will certainly be gone and it will be just a side-show of a dark chapter in MMA history. Perpetuated by clowns that didn't get what MMA is all about

Post Count
    You know who may be effed more than anyone by this is o. I wonder if CBS is now scared to fund any high priced free agent after this mess.

Post Count
    You know who may be effed more than anyone by this is o. I wonder if CBS is now scared to fund any high priced free agent after this mess.
    Yeah and o desperately needs a big fight and win against someone in the next year if he wants to stay on the radar. I think if he gets that surgery and comes back a little healthier, i'd love to see him whip Frank Shamrock's ass. I want to see him back in the UFC but i actually think Dana is so spiteful with him, he won't ever let him back in.

LOL thing about those 2 is that Gina can actually fight even though I know EXC is prob going to try and keep her pretty face away from harm.

Yeah and o desperately needs a big fight and win against someone in the next year if he wants to stay on the radar. I think if he gets that surgery and comes back a little healthier, i'd love to see him whip Frank Shamrock's ass. I want to see him back in the UFC but i actually think Dana is so spiteful with him, he won't ever let him back in.
    I would love that as well, I hate that prick.

Post Count
    I wouldn't worry about that…Lorenzo has so much more to do with day to day ops now that ever before. Randy back is all about Loranzo, not Dana. All of those little youtube video blogs out to show a much better side of Dana? Lorenzo's idea.

In o's book he praises Lorenzo so he has always left open a door and rumor has Lorenzo offerring o one last shot at a contract a few days before his last fight.

So IMO…I feel strongly o will be back one day….

Frank?Such a wild card. I think they still have a lawsuit going actually.

I wouldn't worry about that…Lorenzo has so much more to do with day to day ops now that ever before. Randy back is all about Loranzo, not Dana. All of those little youtube video blogs out to show a much better side of Dana? Lorenzo's idea.

In o's book he praises Lorenzo so he has always left open a door and rumor has Lorenzo offerring o one last shot at a contract a few days before his last fight.

So IMO…I feel strongly o will be back one day….

Frank?Such a wild card. I think they still have a lawsuit going actually.

Really why? Also can Frank fight with Braces on?

Post Count
    Really why? Also can Frank fight with Braces on?
    Something to do with him owning his fight footage with the previous UFC owners.

No state will let him fight with braces. I'm sure those will be gone soon.

Post Count

I honestly don't give two s what people think about our sport.

Post Count
    Ken wanted more money

http://www.fightlinker.com/?p=3493

The bad news never stops....

As stated in the comments section by a poster…this thing is now at epic fail levels only seen by K-1 and then some...

Ken wanted more money

http://www.fightlinker.com/?p=3493

The bad news never stops....

As stated in the comments section by a poster…this thing is now at epic fail levels only seen by K-1 and then some...
    It never ends!!!

Thread Information