My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Predict winner with game at home for Suns.

Feeling Sonics take this one by a hair.

Multimedia Spurs
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sonics had a huge effort last night vs SAC.
    It will take a bigger effort tonight @Suns.

Who could bet on SEA to win? not me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sonics take it in a barnburner.Kings might run out of gas late.

Ain't over 'till its over MaNuMaNiAc's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sonics take it in a barnburner.Kings might run out of gas late.
    Not playing the Kings, they're playing the Suns

I say the Suns win it by 10 or more points

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    113-105 sonics win

AD with 20 off the bench

shard lewis with 23 and ray ray with 21

sonics had 33 bench points compared to suns 7.

Multimedia Spurs
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What killed the Suns was a cold Ray finally getting hot and scoring 14 in the 4th (like Miles scoring 17 in the 4th on the Spurs@POR). For the second game in a row, Collison was in there in crunch time making big plays, like Fortson has done this season. The difference is that Collision is a winner, and Fortson is a suspended punk loser.

The Suns played tougher, better game than the Spurs against a top opponent than the Spurs and got beaten, while the Spurs played a crappy game against ty 21st-ranked, lottery opponent that gave away their win to the Spurs.

Such is sports ....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No kudoos for 2 of us who made proper call and what is this?

"The Suns played tougher, better game than the Spurs against a top opponent than the Spurs and got beaten, while the Spurs played a crappy game against ty 21st-ranked, lottery opponent that gave away their win to the Spurs"

What the heck are you talking about -the only loss on rodeo was to WW who are not lottery bound???

Spurs have 1 game lead and tie-breaker. Relax, Sonics off back to back, beat Suns at home.

Proves my point that Suns not that good. Sonics may be tougher than expected but remember they got lucky perhaps in Win vs. Kings.

Will be interesting playoffs, rest of way but Spurs in PERFECT POSITIONING.

January Championship Banner? td4mvp21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really dont know how the sonics are gonna do in the playoffs. No one on that team has GOOD playoff experience in the western conference. Thats gonna be a rude awakening IMO, just like for the Grizzlies. The only difference is the sonics may get past the first round.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I really dont know how the sonics are gonna do in the playoffs. No one on that team has GOOD playoff experience in the western conference. Thats gonna be a rude awakening IMO, just like for the Grizzlies. The only difference is the sonics may get past the first round.
    experience is overrated, and their main guy has been to the playoffs 4 or 5 times. Fortson has been, so has Daniels. It shouldn't be a factor. Difference between the grizzles is they had great depth and no stars. and you need star players in the post season. Sonics have that. Allen and Lewis are stars and allen is one of the best guards in the NBA..so again i don't see it being a big factor.

Multimedia Spurs
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "What the heck are you talking about"

I don't think it will make any difference in your misunderstanding, but go back read what I said. I'll paraphrase:

I'm talking about, only, last night's 2 games. Spurs played like inconsistent and were lucky to get handed a W by the 21st place, 18-games-back Nets primarily because Carter flamed out, while the Suns played a consistent, better (than Spurs) game against a better (than Nets) oppponent and got beaten. I'm not complaining about the Spurs W (but who can NOT complain about 3 quarters of the absolutely stinking Spurs ball?), just observing how weird results in sports can be.

Spurs were lucky playing ty, Suns were beaten playing well.

Had the Spurs played their average game consistently for 4 quarters (as the Suns did ) instead of 1, the Spurs would have blown out NJ (same for Spurs@WAS).

Let's ask Pop: "Would you rather the Spurs had played great, even good, basketball and gotten beat by a superior effort, or played like and got handed a victory by a lottery team?"

January Championship Banner? td4mvp21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    experience is overrated, and their main guy has been to the playoffs 4 or 5 times. Fortson has been, so has Daniels. It shouldn't be a factor. Difference between the grizzles is they had great depth and no stars. and you need star players in the post season. Sonics have that. Allen and Lewis are stars and allen is one of the best guards in the NBA..so again i don't see it being a big factor.
    yes but what i am saying is that ray allen and rashard, their two stars, have no GOOD WESTERN CONFERENCE playoff experience. That can definitely affect a team's performance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    same for Spurs@WAS
    You know, Washington isnt the lottery bound stiffs you like to make them out to be.

Washington is a good team, and on top of that, NO TIM DUNCAN.

The Washington defeat aint that big a deal boutons.

Chill and enjoy winning for once.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    yes but what i am saying is that ray allen and rashard, their two stars, have no GOOD WESTERN CONFERENCE playoff experience. That can definitely affect a team's performance.
    I think it could effect young Luke but the rest are pretty experienced players. I'm sure James and Evans were on their team when they made the playoffs during the Payton years? not totally sure on that one but most of their guys have enough experience to not let it get to them. the Miami heat had no playoff experience last year (not one player) and they still did ok. I know they were in the east but inexperience can get to young players no matter who you play.

I'm sure they will be ok. They should make the 2nd round and if they draw the suns could actually knock them off..they match-up well with them and both play the same kind of game.

Multimedia Spurs
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Washington is a good team"

BS. They'll make the playoffs (this is noteworthy in the EC?) at probably 6 or 7 games out of EC first place.

Wiz record against playoff teams:

Wed 3 @ Memphis W 103 - 91
    Sat 6 Miami L 106 - 118
    Tue 9 @ Miami L 93 - 103
    Wed 10 Orlando W 106 - 96
    Sat 13 @ Cleveland L 74 - 105
    Sun 14 Dallas L 113 - 122
    Wed 17 Boston W 110 - 105 OT
    Fri 26 @ Philadelphia L 114 - 116 OT
    Sat 4 Chicago W 95 - 88
    Mon 13 @ Miami L 83 - 106
    Wed 15 Miami L 93 - 98
    Fri 17 @ L.A. Lakers W 120 - 116 OT
    Sat 18 @ Phoenix L 96 - 110
    Tue 21 @ Sacramento L 93 - 104
    Wed 29 Detroit L 105 - 107
    Fri 31 @ Boston L 103 - 108
    Thu 6 Seattle W 107 - 96
    Sat 15 Phoenix W 108 - 103 (no Nash)
    Mon 17 @ San Antonio L 73 - 101
    Tue 18 @ Dallas L 120 - 137
    Mon 24 @ Cleveland W 106 - 97
    Wed 26 Philadelphia W 117 - 107
    Fri 28 @ Orlando L 101 - 108
    Sat 29 Orlando L 97 - 103
    Tue 1 Detroit L 96 - 105
    Mon 7 Indiana W 108 - 104
    Wed 9 San Antonio W 95 - 87
    ============================================

Against all playoff teams (27 games): 11-16

Against WC playoff teams : 5 - 5 ( would be 3 - 7 but Spurs screwed up and Nash was hurt)

Their defense has the WORST allowd PPG in the NBA (a good team?)

"NO TIM DUNCAN."

NO LARRY HUGHES

I thoroughly enjoyed winning last night .... in the 4th quarter. 1/4 of W is good enough for you, ain't good enough for me.
    Last edited by boutons; 02-12-2005 at 03:08 PM.

SW: Hot As Hell
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^^

Boutons can you please bring some other ridiculous statement to the table than "the Spurs are inconsistent as " statement that seems to regergitate from your mouth? Jeez I can't believe you're still complaining about the Washington loss. As someone said before this isn't one of your Xbox games that you restart when your not winning. , we're 40 and 11 you'd think we're the bottomfeeders of the league the way you spew on. let it go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plus Spurs were roaring back last night anyway and seemingly Bouton is joining the inane tyranny that is across the national media that VC being thrown out surely cost them the victory.

A win, on the road by 10 against a playoff bound team is huge anytime.

Big comebacks, after bad play, Tim's leadership, Tony's and Manu's elevation of game etc. = huge.
    Last edited by Rummpd; 02-12-2005 at 06:05 PM.

Thread Information