My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Faults? He has no stinkin faults!!!

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've talked to Tony a couple times this season about his defense. He attributes a lot of his improvement to Bruce who has helped him realize that there are a lot of guards in the league who can score/dish, but if Tony can score, dish and defend -- then he can become one of the best. Tony says now he gets up for games when he's going to be on one of the bigger scorers and he loves the challenge.

People can say all they want about Tony's inconsistencies (which have become less and less) offensively -- but everyone should be able to give him props on his improved D.
    His consistency has definitely improved and his improvement on D this year is exceptional.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate having to look into 87 different threads to see crap.
    Where are they? I see two TP threads on the front page. And one on the second page that's a bumped thread from January.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really like his ability to penetrate, and TP shows no fear when he is going into the lane and outting up shots. With fundemental pump fakes, you can never go wrong, and that's why Parker gets a lot of points in the paint as a shorter PG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where are they? I see two TP threads on the front page. And one on the second page that's a bumped thread from January.
    That was exagerated, but there were 5 of them last night after the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony's jumpers and FTs are becoming a disaster.
    He needs to hit his free-throws. He is shooting 55.6% from downtown in 4 February games. He had a crappy 3pt% in January, but still managed to shoot 50.5% for his FG%.

In December though, he shot 42.9% from downtown.

His long-distance shooting has been inconsistent, but his scoring has not. And a scorer will find ways to get it done.

If some team figures out how take away Tony's layups (eg: the 04 playoff Lakers. The 05 Pistons could do it), then Tony's screwed, and when Tony's screwed, the Spurs are screwed.
    Being able to score and create from the paint is the key to winning playoff games.

In the playoffs, there will more focus on stopping the penetration (but believe me, they are trying right now), and it won't be Tony's job to hit lots of 3's anyway, just like it isn't Tim's job.

His job will be to continue to attack and penetrate, scoring when there are opportunities and dishing when he draws double-teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    then penetrate and kick to

Duncan
    Barry
    Bowen
    Ginobili
    Brown
    Udrih

and it will be there job to knock down shots.

People forget hes only 22.

Hes so far ahead of schedual of other people, its not even funny.

Thread Information