Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Multimedia Spurs
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vince may be driving less, but he still drives (can't anybody find a vince carter shot chart so we have the facts?).

All this week they showed Vince's 360* layup down the paint, in traffic, vs Lakers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    vs Lakers. You have to be kidding. Was a Laker in the paint?

SW: Hot As Hell
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vince's shot chart vs. the Spurs last night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didnt see the game, but if he is makin those outside shots, with a guy in his face.

There is nothin you can do.

That simple.

Multimedia Spurs
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "There is nothin you can do"

Exactly, and Pop has said as much.

Ray Allen did the same last night @PHX in the 4th.

13-ppg Miles did it to the Spurs @POR with 17 in the 4th.

In spring 03, Allan Houston/NYK did it to the SPAM Championship Spurs @SBC.

If Carter had stayed in the game like a man, got his 55, or 60, points, the Spurs would have a 2-game losing streak against EC dreck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And the 2 game losing streak wouldve been one you chalk up to injuries.

The team is getting its November injuries in February.

Multimedia Spurs
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF?

What Spur was injured last night (in a way that showed up in the stats)?

Without Duncan, the super-deep #1 Spurs can't beat the super-shallow, 9-games-back, front-court-less, defense-less Wiz without their Hughes? GMAFB

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gee Horry is injured. Nesterovic is still hurt.

Nah they dont have anymore injuries.

Christ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For all you people who think BB undercut VC, tell me, how do you contest a shot and at the same time keep your momentum from going towards the shooter? Especially in the heat of the game! If anything, the two just got tangled up. VC was probably upset b/c BB was turning up his D. BTW, is VC worthy of being in the all-star game? NOPE!! An all-star is a player who excels in their sport and has the drive to win games, no matter how tough the situation!

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    I'm just wondering how everyones acting like Bowen shut him down all night and Vince was frustrated? Sounded like he was going off last night. Whatever happaned happaned, but when it also happaned last year to the same players, he should be aware of that. An AP writer wrote this.

Carter, whose season was nearly ended last year when Bowen undercut him and caused an ankle injury, was visibly annoyed.

So they seem to think last year it was an undercut. Even more confusing is this.

`I don't know what to say. I felt like he tried to trip me,'' said Bowen, one of the NBA's top defenders. ``That's how I feel. I haven't seen the replay but that's what I felt.''

So now Bruce is complaining that Vince tripped him?

If any one of Bowen's opponent said that he would be labaled soft, pussy, , etc......

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone have any links to any unbiased criticism of Bowen?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE]
    I'm just wondering how everyones acting like Bowen shut him down all night and Vince was frustrated? Sounded like he was going off last night
    Indeed he was!! But! BB seemed like he was stepping up his defense on VC. Why BB didn't play tougher D on him earlier? Hmm, I don't know! To me VC is just one of many players who have that "gangsta at ude", and think they can't be touched. BB was doing his job, and did it well. Did he shut down VC? NO! A good defensive player will have off days just like any other player. But when it counted, BB was there to get under his skin, and it worked!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love how everyone is spinning it as if we had no chance in the game when this foul happend. If I am not mistaken werent we only down by 5 at that point? Hadnt we already put forth a huge rally? Wasnt that just a desperation 3 by Vince Carter trying to cling to whatever momentum the Nets might have had?

It was a foul, plain and simple. It wasnt however "dirty" in the least and did not merit the reaction it is getting.

I think its interesting that the only people you hear crying about Bowen are all notoriouse for being whiners, with the exception of maybe Finley. Allen, Kobe and Vince all have reputations of crying to the referees too much.

IMO this whole ordeal is a joke and I hope Bruce doesnt change what he does at all.

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    Anyone want to comment of the double standard about Bowen saying he tripped him?

Multimedia Spurs
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "we already put forth a huge rally?"

8 - 1 Spurs run to start the 4th until Carter quit playing ball, moving from -12 to -5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "we already put forth a huge rally?"

8 - 1 Spurs run to start the 4th until Carter quit playing ball, moving from -12 to -5.
    So in other words we went from not even being in the game to having a serious chance to get bck to Spurs ball?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone want to comment of the double standard about Bowen saying he tripped him?
    How is that a "double standard"? It's Bowen telling his side of the story. I don't know that I agree with Bruce, necessarily, but I can see where he's coming from. In the moment, it was difficult to see who initiated the contact. Carter obviously sees the situation differently than Bowen, as do many others, but that there are 2 different takes on what happened does not cons ute a "double standard."

I don't think Bruce is an angelic figure here, but I also would disagree with anyone who would call the dude dirty. He's a tough defender and tough defenders will end up in scraps from time-to-time. It comes with the territory.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If KOBE does not have a problem with BOWEN play. I never heard Kobe complain about BOWEN, who gives a rat ass what carter,allen or finley have to say or any other non-SPURS fan thinks.

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    The double standard isn't about Bruce, its about Spurs fans. Bruce is just being Bruce by saying he thinks Vince tripped him, how, i don't know. But Vince, Ray, etc... every time anyone mentions ANYTHING accusational, there a , pussy, whiner, etc.... label tagged on.

Karl Malone and Stockton for years have been tough defenders, for years they've also been known as cheap, even dirty. I don't think Bruce is that bad but if the controversy keeps following it will.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sick you make no sense.

All Bowen said was, I think he tried to trip me.

You arent makin sense.

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    If Vince or , even Wade tonight said that Bowen tried to trip him he would be labaled a pussy and you KNOW this.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they had said that in RESPONSE to Bowen complaining (again) about being undercut, then I'm pretty sure it would be a similar situation.

It's not like Bruce was complaining about it out of nowhere. He's having accusations made about him and he's defending himself.

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    Right, the guy shooting a jump shot tried to trip him on the play????

And you think that when some has a legitamate complaint that you have to make up stuff like he tried to TRIP him?

Thread Information