Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Just Right of Atilla the Hun Yonivore's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey I'm happy as long as you keep dodging questions. You continue to make yourself look like an ass.
    Well, as long as your happy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can ANYONE explain why McCain spent his 70th birthday on a boat rented out to a guy who was just sent to prison for fraud?

Come on... ANYONE.

Or this:

Mic check... anyone anyone...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's see... Obama spends time on a educational board in Chicago with a man who committed domestic terrorism acts when Obama was 8.

McCain spends his 70th birthday two years ago with a man who not only retained the lobbying firm of McCain's top aide and current co-manager of his campaign but was recently convicted and sentenced to prison for fraud.

Hmmm....

ANYONE?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's see... Obama spends time on a educational board in Chicago with a man who committed domestic terrorism acts when Obama was 8.
    Actually, by calling the Weathermen (or Weather Underground) a 60's radical organization, the New York Times article is either wrong or intentionally misrepresents the facts in order to provide cover and make idiots like you spout nonsense like this.

In fact, Barack Obama was 20 -- and already involved in his chosen ideological circles -- when the Weathermen committed their last act of terror, killing three people. And, given Obama's long association with Rezko, et. al. would seem to cancel whatever you think this means to McCain.

And, given that Ayers, as late as 2003, was still unrepentent and wished he had done more during his terrorist day -- is unpersuasive in making me believe he didn't harbor these same ideals and sentiments while he and Obama worked closely together at the Chicago Annenberg Challenge.

McCain spends his 70th birthday two years ago with a man who not only retained the lobbying firm of McCain's top aide and current co-manager of his campaign but was recently convicted and sentenced to prison for fraud.

Hmmm....

ANYONE?
    Well, I don't know the guy, the nature of his crime or the context in which McCain is seen with him. Please enlighten us.

United Autodidact Society Shastafarian's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, I don't know the guy, the nature of his crime or the context in which McCain is seen with him. Please enlighten us.
    How about McCain serving on the board of a group that has been described as "extremist", "racist", and "anti-Semitic"?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know, I must say, I'm impressed at how many on the far left in here are able to tow the line on the Ayers cover-up. After all, William Ayers is somewhat of a hero to the far left. But, of course, is is a love that dare not speak its name -- particularly when the most liberal, far left, member of Congress is so close to capturing the brass ring.

But hey, Let’s cut through the crap. Why is he a hero?

The reason some on the Left love Bill Ayers is that he’s an unrepentant bomber who attacked the Pentagon to try to “end” the war — which is lefty lingo for losing the war.

He is a friend (sue me, if you're too blind by partisanship to see this) of Democrat Barack Obama, who launched his political career -- at his home -- and had him appointed to one of those lofty-sounding foundations that are really the old radicals working within the system.

They know if the public associates the two as friends, it is fatal to Obama’s campaign.

Personally, I'm glad Republican John McCain and his running mate plan to make that association.

But, the New York Times was ready to provide a needed inoculation against whatever fallout there may be. That's why they ran today's story that is basically Obama and Ayers saying they hardley know each other.

We’ll see if that works.

The Times called Ayers a 1960s bomber when in fact the bombings were began in 1970 and ended with the 1981 robbery of a Brinks truck which left two terrorists (named in the story) two police officers (not named) and a Brinks guard (also not named) dead.

Ayers famously said 20 years later in a story published in the New York Times on 9/11 that he has no regrets– other than that he did not cause more mayhem.

This was said not when Obama was 8 or 11 or 20 (when the Brinks robbery happened), but when Obama was 40. Ayers said this 6 years after he met Obama -- although there is some evidence they may have met much earlier -- and was working within the "system."

Some on the Left consider Ayers a hero.

Consider Pulitzer Prize-winning novelist Jane Smiley’s post on the Huffington Post. She argues that what Ayers did was no different than the bombings runs made by Republican John McCain.

She scoffs at the idea of patriotism. She hates the military. She hates McCain because he was in the military. And she loves Ayers because he not only hates the military, but he tried to blow it up.

On 9/11, there were 3 targets. One was the Pentagon and it was hit. I wonder if Ayers or Smiley were pleased.

And, for that reason, I wonder how close Obama is to these traitors. You should too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Ayers cover-up"

yonivore lies: there's nothing to cover up, neither about Ayers-HUSSEIN nor about Keating-McKeating

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about McCain serving on the board of a group that has been described as "extremist", "racist", and "anti-Semitic"?
    Being described as and actually being something are two different things. The Weathermen were not described as terrorists -- they were terrorists...terrorists that targeted America.

Plus, I don't know what the you're talking about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, do you care to speculate about why Obama failed to discuss the CAC in his two books or should I wait for your review of the tomes?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Being described as and actually being something are two different things. The Weathermen were not described as terrorists -- they were terrorists...terrorists that targeted America.

Plus, I don't know what the you're talking about.
    I already posted it. He served on the Board of The U.S. Council for World Freedom. The group has been described as being extreme. The man who founded it helped out the Contras. They were terrorists.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, do you care to speculate about why Obama failed to discuss the CAC in his two books or should I wait for your review of the tomes?
    No I don't care to answer because you obviously haven't read either book. Tell me where you heard about the substance in each and I'll consider it. Assuming your source isn't WND or Rush Limbaugh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First, you have the New York Times with its inoculation of the Obama campain -- now you have the Associated Press providing cover by insinuating Governor Palin is a racist for even broaching the subject.

The AP's article is an "analysis" by one Douglass K. Daniel, described as "a writer and editor with the Washington bureau of The Associated Press." It has to be read to be believed:

By claiming that Democrat Barack Obama is "palling around with terrorists" and doesn't see the U.S. like other Americans, vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin targeted key goals for a faltering campaign. And though she may have scored a political hit each time, her attack was unsubstantiated and carried a racially tinged subtext that John McCain himself may come to regret. ...

Her reference to Obama's relationship with William Ayers, a member of the Vietnam-era Weather Underground, was exaggerated at best if not outright false. No evidence shows they were "pals" or even close when they worked on community boards years ago and Ayers hosted a political event for Obama early in his career. ...

Palin's words avoid repulsing voters with overt racism. But is there another subtext for creating the false image of a black presidential nominee "palling around" with terrorists while assuring a predominantly white audience that he doesn't see their America?

In a post-Sept. 11 America, terrorists are envisioned as dark-skinned radical Muslims, not the homegrown anarchists of Ayers' day 40 years ago. With Obama a relative unknown when he began his campaign, the Internet hummed with false e-mails about ties to radical Islam of a foreign-born candidate.

Whether intended or not by the McCain campaign, portraying Obama as "not like us" is another potential appeal to racism. It suggests that the Hawaiian-born Christian is, at heart, un-American.

Most troubling, however, is how allowing racism to creep into the discussion serves McCain's purpose so well. ...

John McCain occasionally looks back on decisions with regret. He has apologized for opposing a holiday to honor Martin Luther King Jr. He has apologized for refusing to call for the removal of a Confederate flag from South Carolina's Capitol.

When the 2008 campaign is over McCain might regret appeals such as Palin's perhaps more so if he wins.
    When the McCain campaign ran an ad that had a white woman in it, it was denounced as racist. When it ran an ad that had an African-American man (Franklin Raines) in it, it was denounced as racist. Now the McCain campaign links Obama to a white man, the former terrorist, and still anti-American, Bill Ayers. That's racist too. I think we've exhausted just about all the possibilities. The only non-racist thing McCain can do, apparently, is concede the election.

There once was a time when the Associated Press was a respected news-gathering agency. Some years ago, it began to abandon that mission in order to transform itself into a liberal advocacy organization. That transformation is now pretty much complete.

2008 will be remembered, I think, as the year in which the collapse of traditional American media became irreversible. The AP has plenty of company.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I already posted it. He served on the Board of The U.S. Council for World Freedom. The group has been described as being extreme. The man who founded it helped out the Contras. They were terrorists.
    I'm sorry, I pay little attention to you unless you're addressing me directly and, even then, it's a crap shoot.

Described by whom?

And, the Weathermen are pretty much universally accepted as a terrorist organization.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No I don't care to answer because you obviously haven't read either book. Tell me where you heard about the substance in each and I'll consider it. Assuming your source isn't WND or Rush Limbaugh.
    Okay, then don't.

Well, it wasn't WND or Rush -- neither of which do I read or listen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And, the Weathermen are pretty much universally accepted as a terrorist organization.
    You keep going back to the Weathermen. Fine. But you have nothing to say about John McCain's affiliations with a man who funded terrorism?!?!? For shame!

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know, I must say, I'm impressed at how many on the far left in here are able to blah, blah, blah.
    Now Yoni has tried to steal the iden y of Don Surber.

http://blogs.dailymail.com/donsurber...yers-cover-up/

Yoni is a thief and a liar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You keep going back to the Weathermen. Fine. But you have nothing to say about John McCain's affiliations with a man who funded terrorism?!?!? For shame!
    Were they "terrorizing" Americans? Were they considered "terrorists" by everyone?

One man's terrorists is another man's freedom fighter, no? So, unless you're prepared to call the Weathermen "freedom fighters" (and that would beg explanation), there's no comparison between the two.

Plus, did McCain have a personal relationship with an unrepetent terrorist? Do tell.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Were they "terrorizing" Americans? Were they considered "terrorists" by everyone?

One man's terrorists is another man's freedom fighter, no? So, unless you're prepared to call the Weathermen "freedom fighters" (and that would beg explanation), there's no comparison between the two.
    Wow. So because they didn't kill americans, they're not terrorists. I'm gonna stop talking to you now. I'll leave you with this:

The record of the contras in the field, as opposed to their official professions of democratic faith, is one of consistent and bloody abuse of human rights, of murder, torture, mutilation, rape, arson, destruction and kidnapping

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's obvious the Annenberg Challenge was designed to indoctrinate little terra-ists to bomb government installations, banks, local hockey rinks, American car dealerships and Cracker Barrel restaurants nationwide. I mean look at at all the radicals it produced -- the Weather Underground now has tens of thousands of members ready to kill you and everyone you love.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm gonna stop talking to you now.
    Yeah, right...promises, promises.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, were the Salvadoran guerrillas -- supported by the Sandinistas -- terrorists?

Gets kinda muddy. The Weathermen, on the other had, are distinctly terrorists -- terrorists that targeted our families...

Yeah, there's a big difference.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Quit being lazy and look it up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quit being lazy and look it up.
    Color me incurious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know, I must say, I'm impressed at how many on the far left in here are able to tow the line on the Ayers cover-up. After all, William Ayers is somewhat of a hero to the far left. But, of course, is is a love that dare not speak its name -- particularly when the most liberal, far left, member of Congress is so close to capturing the brass ring.
    Considering I'm more of a liberal independent than a straight up democrat, I find it quite funny that you can generalize anyone that doesn't see a "cover up" or any real big issue story with Obama and Ayers, as someone who considers Ayers a hero. You're such a whack job it isn't funny.

Maybe

But hey, Let’s cut through the crap. Why is he a hero?

He is a friend (sue me, if you're too blind by partisanship to see this) of Democrat Barack Obama, who launched his political career -- at his home -- and had him appointed to one of those lofty-sounding foundations that are really the old radicals working within the system.
    So you can't be a acquittance with someone who committed crimes in the far past without being guilty by proxy? Unless Obama helped Ayers commit more crimes when they were "paling around", THIS IS A NON-ISSUE.

They know if the public associates the two as friends, it is fatal to Obama’s campaign.
    How long has this been going around? FOX News can't stop trying to pair the two together for the life of them. , what about the big media storm Wright caused? Hasn't hurt Obama at all.

Though I will predict that if McCain and Palin keep this up it will tremendously hurt them.

Personally, I'm glad Republican John McCain and his running mate plan to make that association.
    No one is surprised. You're one drop below scrum yourself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Color me incurious.
    Color me shocked...

Thread Information