My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, here's the deal. Anytime I'm sitting on my PS3 menu screen for a while or anytime I insert a game/dvd, my screen flashes white...goes blank for a sec or two, then comes back on. Typically, once my movie would start, the flashing stopped. However, it's begun to flash during DVD playback as well.

I did some research online already, and, while I've found info ON screen flashing, I haven't found any that address THIS specific problem. Has anyone had the same problem or have any suggestions on how to remedy this problem? I'm goin nuts and the s at Best Buy were wonderfully UNhelpful: "try turning it off for awhile and turning it back on".

Any help ya'll could provide would be greatly appreciated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it changing resolutions maybe? On my old cheap LCD it would flash for a split second while loading the game because it would loosed the 720p single while it switch over to the game. On my new TV which is a better brand it does not do this.

What cables are you using? HDMI, component?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it changing resolutions maybe? On my old cheap LCD it would flash for a split second while loading the game because it would loosed the 720p single while it switch over to the game. On my new TV which is a better brand it does not do this.

What cables are you using? HDMI, component?
    It seems to act up switching from 60 Hz to 24 Hz...not sure why it does that. I'm using HDMI cables (Dynex) w/ a Samsung something-something-something 650 1080p HD LCD.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dynex HDMI Cable?

Try something else...

My set shows if the resolution is changed, try pushing the display button to see if the resolution is changing when it does that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dynex HDMI Cable?

Try something else...

My set shows if the resolution is changed, try pushing the display button to see if the resolution is changing when it does that.
    You think I should try a different HDMI cable? A friend of a friend works at Best Buy and got it for me cheap. However, I honestly have no idea what's good and what sucks, so I didn't know what to ask him to pick up for me.

As far as the resolution changing, would that, for instance, be like going from 1080 to 7..20? Or is that a Hz issue?

Edit: Oh...and I've been meaning to ask: Who the is that in your sig?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Sounds like a bad cable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can say first hand that Dynex doesn't exactly make the best stuff, I'm not saying that's your problem, but if you have another to try I would...

Some internet ...

Thread Information