btw. You know my viewpoint about steroids already

Post Count
    ^^ No

Post Count
    btw. You know my viewpoint about steroids already
    ?

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count
    Why he needs that big penis on his chest?

Post Count
    IMO about 90% pro athleths are taking steroids

Post Count
    IMO about 90% pro athleths are taking steroids
    10 years ago maybe, not now

Post Count
    10 years ago maybe, not now
    What has changed?

Post Count
    Did the sport regressed ?

Post Count
    What do you mean what has changed, everything has changed. the MLB scandal has taken awareness on this issue from 10 to about 120. People are more aware of it and asking more question than ever. Testing is more prevelant and better than ever. Plently of Athletes will do anything if they have no fear of getting caught, the MLB old policy gave them free reign, but now there is great risk of getting caught. Sean Sherk failed a test and lost his le. That serves notice to all UFC fighters. The UFC tests everyone, i am not seeing your point. Some guys may still beat the system but like i said it is waaaaay better than before.

Post Count
    Now you gonna get pissed :

They are doing test before and after fights right? what about when they are training?
    What abuot laboratories which are inventing new steroids? They are way ahead of those who are doing tests.
    btw. athletes can take a dose which is legal. So called human level abount of steroids in a body.
    Steroids are giving so much adventage that it is beyond me that sportsmen would not use them.
    Another thing is taht steroids are not dangerous. You just need to know what to do and take while taking and after taking steroids.

You can say waht you want but most fans know and they are used to it. They are used their favorite spotsmen are taking steroids and that's the way it is.
    No genetics will allowe you to train 5, 6 times in a week time and be recovered after practice and regenerate their body.

Ps. Damn you ! This forum is growing fast, I have not much time for NBA

Post Count
    I don't steroids help much in mma since strength doesn't help much. Technique and game plans means so much more. Such a high risk to get busted...

Post Count
    They are doing test before and after fights right? what about when they are training?
    This was posted by Evan in this thread and answers this

"The NSAC's year-round testing was implemented earlier this year. MMA fighters are subject to drug testing at any time -- for just about any reason -- throughout the year, regardless of whether or not the fighter is scheduled for an upcoming event. However, the testing is usually reserved for scheduled fighters"

Usually reserved for scheduled fights but the fear is out there that at any time you can be tested. So that right off the bat drops the number of guys doing it.

"What about laboratories which are inventing new steroids? They are way ahead of those who are doing tests"

That is debateable at best and i don't think either one of us has the education in that field to speak to such a claim. I'm not a doctor or a steroid expert are you?? The people who are testing are the experts. Like i said 10 years ago especially in baseball this was all over the place but now there is tons of awareness and testing. Are there guys still cheating and beating the system, sure. However it is a pretty simple forumula.

More Awareness, plus more testing = Greater fear among the athletes of getting caught= less athletes taking steroids. Sherk found that out the hard way, you think GSP or Randy want to lose their belts over a failed drug test?? If there is an easy way around beating the test Sherk, missed the boat. It's much harder to get away with it now.

Seeking the quiet mind desflood's Avatar
    Post Count
    Sean Sherk failed a test and lost his le. That serves notice to all UFC fighters.
    It might have, had he not been given an immediate le fight after. Seems more like it was a notice that steroids only matter if you're not Dana White's buddy.

Post Count
    It might have, had he not been given an immediate le fight after. Seems more like it was a notice that steroids only matter if you're not Dana White's buddy.
    And how does that matter when looking at my point as a whole? He still got caught and that serves notice, right?? Sherk's rep is forever stained thanks to that.

Post Count
    Every fighter is a friend of Dana until you fight for someone else or he needs you later.

Business man first…reality way down the line.

Post Count
    Every fighter is a friend of Dana until you fight for someone else or he needs you later.

Business man first…reality way down the line.
    Exactly and getting another crack at the le doesn't take away the embarassment of the failed test nor does it make other fighters feel more comfortable about cheating.

Post Count
    And how does that matter when looking at my point as a whole? He still got caught and that serves notice, right?? Sherk's rep is forever stained thanks to that.
    Sure, his reputation was damaged. There's no doubt there. But I'm not sure just getting caught serves as a proper notice if the punishment isn't fitting. The Athletic Commission did the right thing with the fine and suspension - but I don't think his le was taken, was it? I know that's what happened to both Barnett and Sylvia when they were caught. The overall lesson wasn't "Don't take steroids, you'll get caught", it was "Don't get caught taking steroids if you're not a close personal friend of the boss".

Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    Post Count
    i dont like his arrogance either. i admire his work ethic though. either way im pulling for randy, courture is just a lovable guy.

Post Count
    Sure, his reputation was damaged. There's no doubt there. But I'm not sure just getting caught serves as a proper notice if the punishment isn't fitting. The Athletic Commission did the right thing with the fine and suspension - but I don't think his le was taken, was it? I know that's what happened to both Barnett and Sylvia when they were caught. The overall lesson wasn't "Don't take steroids, you'll get caught", it was "Don't get caught taking steroids if you're not a close personal friend of the boss".
    The embarassment of getting caught is usually enough to make most fighers sweat taking the roids. I kind of outlined that in an earlier post. Someone like Chuck Liddell makes a lot of money outside the octagon. If he got busted, his rep takes a huge hit, he has tons of explaining to do to his fans and he likely loses endorsements. It hangs over his head forever. The big stars in the sport have so much to lose is my main point and with greater awareness and testing, that fear of getting caught is more prevelant than ever. There is not free reign to abuse the rules.

Post Count
    i dont like his arrogance either. i admire his work ethic though. either way im pulling for randy, courture is just a lovable guy.
    I don't mind the ego, he's playing a role, stirring the pot, selling tickets. If everyone thinks he is in awe of Randy it is less interesting.

Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    Post Count
    I don't mind the ego, he's playing a role, stirring the pot, selling tickets. If everyone thinks he is in awe of Randy it is less interesting.
    i agree with that. his role is part of the reason i watch because i want him to lose. so his ego does indeed sell tickets

Post Count
    I don't steroids help much in mma since strength doesn't help much. Technique and game plans means so much more. Such a high risk to get busted...
    Stenght does help a lot, thoug I do agree that techique is more important.

The thing is that yoiu can recover way much faster after workout. Way much.

And I'm not gonna pesuade nobody. I don't give a shrimp wasting my nerves doing so.

I recomend you 2 do antary movies - "bigger, stronger, faster - side effect of being american"
    (more mental stuff and how it goeas inside sports, some starts and interwies with sportsmen and trainers)

and
    "Superhuman faking it!"
    National georaphic movie
    (more scietific approach - what steroids gives you, what can they cause and how)

There are also some books - but I'm not into reading and I'm not into steroids that much. But I'm on a board where there is a forum about illegal "stuff". People who are training and taking steroids. And man thay know the .
    Now go figure what knowledge do a modern laboratories with tons of money have.

Post Count
    But I'm on a board where there is a forum about illegal "stuff". People who are training and taking steroids. And man thay know the .
    Now go figure what knowledge do a modern laboratories with tons of money have.
    How many of those people on the board are being randomly tested by athletic commissions for steroids?? You seem to give no credit at all to the ones administering the tests. These people aren't dummies.

Post Count
    Among the sprinters at the 2008 Olympics who run the 100M there will not be one who is not doped. According to Angel Heredia in an interview by ‘Der Spiegel’. The Mexican is the principal witness for the prosecution by American authorities against Marion Jones. “In the 100M finals there will not be anyone clean because- says he who was at one time the supplier of epo to the ex superstar from the USA, who is now retired after being mired in scandal- the difference between 10 seconds and 9.7 is made by doping”. Heredia admits to having helped Maurice Greene, three years after his Olympic victory at Sydney. "I supplied him", he says. "We collaborated in 2003 and 2004. If he says that he was clean, I can only say that it is a lie". According to Heredia, “epo is in style, but it is only half as potent without also the supplementation with iron in the blood”. Then goes on to say how the so called “epo boost” that he developed can provide performances 10 times better than epo classic.

The Mexican tells that as an athlete he himself began to dope “ because everybody was doing it” and he remembers: “ athletes that he had beaten previously were tossing the discus 10 meters farther than him. I also wanted to qualify for the games”. He maintains that he knows of doping substances that can not be found by controls. “We have used crèmes that leave no trace, but keep a higher level of testosterone constantly in the body” he explains. He goes on to say that athletes even with lesser economic resources take steroids hoping not to be caught, “but if someone is able to spend $100,000, I can get him substances that cannot be discovered by tests” “It is enough for me to modify a pair of molecules at the end of a chemical chain, and the whole structure slips by the control.”

Post Count
    he passed a surprise test this week.
    I missed this before.

It shouldn't be any surprise. He should know he's going to be tested, as he's taking part in one of the biggest main events of the year. The moment they announced this fight he knew he'd have to be clean.

This is not a statement as to whether I believe he is or is not roided. I'm just saying it's not really a surprise test.

Thread Information