Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SW: Hot As Hell
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My mutual fund went up over 30% in the last year. The company I work for has had record growth for almost 4 straight years. The tech bubble was not Clintons fault, the corporate bankruptcies and 9/11 are not Bush's fault. The accusations that Bush some how had federal and state goverments create a bunch of new jobs just so he could have a net gain is ridiculous. Even if that were the motivation, SO WHAT!!! Ever here of "The New Deal"? How about Franklin Roosevelt? During hard times the goverment steps in, what a concept.

The loss of tech jobs to foreign countries is understandable. There have been HUGE untapped work forces in Asia and elsewhere who have not been utilized until recently. They can perform jobs that don't need to be done locally. Why is this? Because it's CHEAPER over there. Companies are about dollars. They go this route to compete.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the market is international and bush nor clinton had anything to do with it...

all stocks dropped during the tech bubble burst... becuase many investors were amateurs and then tried to pulll all their money completely out of the market... when everyone is selling prices go down, down, down...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you want to know why the Dow went from 3500 to as high as 11700 under Clinton, go back and look not only at the balanced budgets, but the reduction of the deficit under that administration. The lack of either of those situations occuring now is one of the reasons the economy has been flat for the whole Bush tenure.

Reason why the market increases (more money in the private sector)

Step #1- Reduce taxes

The market was flat during the 70's. 80's taxes were reduced dramatically and the market responded. Dow went from 800('80) to 3300('92) (dow was at about 800 since 1970). 400% increase!

Step #2- Reduce spending

This is where Clinton did pretty well. However, don't neglect the contributions of the republican congress. Remember the contract with America? Republicans shut down congress because a balanced budget was not passed. It was the republicans that had just as much if not more to do with the balance budget than clinton. Nevertheless, Clinton signed the budget and that was one of the reasons I voted for him.

Now the past 4 years in the market have little to do with Clinton or Bush, it's just a natural cycle in the market. However, our representatives cutting taxes had a lot to do with the recovery. But if you want to blame Bush for the downturn in the market for political purposes than go ahead, but most people you talk to are not dumb enough to believe your propaganda.
    Last edited by 2centsworth; 02-18-2005 at 06:39 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ----

Paul Craig Roberts was Assistant Secretary of the Treasury in the Reagan administration. He was Associate Editor of the Wall Street Journal editorial page and Contributing Editor of National Review.
    CounterPunch

Dan,
    Didn't read Paul's article because I'm talking to you.
    You don't need someone else to do the talking for you do you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My mutual fund went up over 30% in the last year. The company I work for has had record growth for almost 4 straight years.
    So you support pilfering our kids money as long as you get your fair share?

Someday soon, the foreigners that so many on this board dispise are going to tell us, "no more credit for you America!". Then you'll see all break lose.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dan,
    Didn't read Paul's article because I'm talking to you.
    You don't need someone else to do the talking for you do you?
    When have I needed anyone to speak for me? Maybe the real reason you didn't read the article is because you don't like to read? I don't think even you can be that closed-minded, can you?

Outside opinions are good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When have I needed anyone to speak for me? Maybe the real reason you didn't read the article is because you don't like to read? I don't think even you can be that closed-minded, can you?

Outside opinions are good.
    You lack logical opinions of your own, so I'm not going to let you off the hook by responsidng to someone elses logic.
    Last edited by 2centsworth; 02-21-2005 at 11:57 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you support pilfering our kids money as long as you get your fair share?

Someday soon, the foreigners that so many on this board dispise are going to tell us, "no more credit for you America!". Then you'll see all break lose.

This is what I mean by a lack of logic, just illogical emotion. Where the facts Dan, and don't give me someone elses editorial.

Thread Information