Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've never noticed that

I was pissed that the big games would auto output to 720p(NBA2K9/Ratchet)

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I was pissed that the big games would auto output to 720p(NBA2K9/Ratchet)
    I've never even looked...

My 42" HDTV is 720

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've never even looked...

My 42" HDTV is 720
    That's too bad, no 1080P Blu-Ray for you...

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    That's too bad, no 1080P Blu-Ray for you...
    I am sure my survival instincts will kick in...

It may not be 1080 but I love it

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-TH-4...844028&sr=1-13

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hardware limitations..
    Uh, you might want to check that again. NBA 2k9 is 1080p.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If full 1080P is that important to a consumer then they will also know it's possible to get it with the elite version of the Xbox 360 which is the same price as the 80 gig PS3 and comes with 2 free games. The games aren't important to me but to some people they are. Also, the Elite version of the Xbox COMES WITH the HDMI cable needed for 1080P. Or, one could get the pro version for $300 and then just buy the HDMI cable. To my understanding the 80 gig PS3 does not come with the cable which pisses me off, especially for what a person has to spend for a console.

Finally, I don't know where you got your numbers but I check Joystiq that and the best I could come up with was a 16.4% hardware failure (vs. PS3's 3%). Of those Xbox failures 60% were attributed to RROD failures. If you have different numbers feel free to post because I'd like to know how else M$ is screwing us over. The link to the report is below.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/02/14/xb...vider-reports/
    http://www.gamedaily.com/articles/ne...h-as-68/?biz=1

An HDMI cable is not a big deal at all. Really, in the grand scheme of things, are you going to worry about a small thing like an HDMI cable when purchasing a system you're most likely going to sink up to and over $1000 on for peripherals and games? The 360 is the system that doesn't even include a hard drive in some packages.

If you DO have a problem, here you go: http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

$4 for an HDMI cable. And the PS3 is a Blu-ray player. So if you push the argument that "you can get a 360 for the same price as a Ps3", I have to say that the Ps3 is the superior deal for the money. Low failure rate and blu-ray being at the top of the list there. Graphics are still a draw for now -- time will tell if the Cell processor can really emerge as a powerhouse. And really it doesn't matter, because PC will always rule the graphics/horsepower market for people who want the best hardware.

Exclusives are not a big enough decision to decide on a PS3. Now that FF13, RE5 and possibly even MGS4 are coming to the Xbox that argument is becoming worthless. Especially with development costs being what they are today.
    That's completely a matter of your own opinion. I would say it's a bit early to say the exclusives for the Ps3 are unworthy. Little Big Planet, R:2, MSG4, Gran Turismo, Warhawk, Wipeout, God of War.... really, how many exclusives do you need? The 360 has a good number of them, but to say the Ps3 has a dearth of fantastic exclusives is inaccurate at best.

Falcon processors have been released for about a year now, and they're supposed to make the 360 more quiet and create less heat which will hopefully reduce hardware failures. (I'm too lazy to look up Falcon vs. Zephyr chipset statistics).
    The problem is not that they are fixing the issues with the 360. It's that they even happened in the first place. MS took the easy road to making a system and they screwed the consumers over in the process. I know several people who are on their 3rd or 4th 360 (even someone in this thread), which makes NO sense if their failure rate is only ~16%. Even a failure rate of 33% gives you a 2 in 3 chance to get a good system, and yet I know more people who have had RRoDs than have not. It doesn't add up. And you want to talk about the inconvenience of not packaging an HDMI cable?

I'd rather pay more for a system up front and have the convenience of knowing it will probably be around until it passes away from use, not from a defect.

Thread Information