Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
    Post Count

^Is there an updated poster?

UFC 90: OCTOBER 25, 2008 IN ILLINOIS
    venue: Allstate Arena in Rosemont, Illinois

Main Card Bouts:
    -Anderson Silva (#1 Middleweight in the world)* vs. Patrick Cote
    -Thiago Alves (#3 Welterweight in the World)* vs. Josh Koscheck (#4 Welterweight in the World)*
    -Fabricio Werdum (#6 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Junior dos Santos
    -Tyson Griffin vs. Sean Sherk
    -Gray Maynard vs. Rich Clementi

Preliminary Bouts:
    -Thales Leites vs. Drew McFedries
    -Spencer Fisher vs. Shannon Gugerty
    -Dan Miller vs. Matt Horwich
    -Hermes Franca vs. Gleison Tibau
    -Josh Burkman vs. Pete Sell

*Rankings based on mmaweekly.com
    Last edited by Evan; 10-20-2008 at 08:07 AM.

Good fight card. Im going to be out of town so I am hoping to catch it. Anyone think Cote can pull off the upset?

Post Count
    Main Card Bouts:
    -Anderson Silva vs. Patrick Cote
    -Thiago Alvesvs. Josh Koscheck
    -Fabricio Werdum vs. Junior dos Santos
    -Tyson Griffin vs. Sean Sherk <- Could be a massive snoozer
    -Gray Maynard vs. Rich Clementi

Anyone think Cote can pull off the upset?
    No

Post Count
    Cote might have a shot if Silva's head is not in the fight like it usually is. All the retirement talk and all. You have to pick Silva, well because he's Silva, but maybe Cote can pull a Matt Serra.

Kos and Alves is a crazy fight but i worry Kos won't be ready for it. 2 weeks notice he is taking this fight. I'd love to see him and GSP tangle again, and they would if he won this fight and GSP sends Penn's butt back to 155.

Post Count
    "^Is there an updated poster? "

Can't seem to find one. they were still promoting Diego in that fight in TV ads on e this past weekend.

Post Count
    "^Is there an updated poster? "

Can't seem to find one. they were still promoting Diego in that fight in TV ads on e this past weekend.
    did they really? wow...they are normally on top of those things.

Why did Diego pull out of the fight?

Post Count
    Why did Diego pull out of the fight?
    Tore cartilage in his ribs. Kos is a better fight because of his power and wrestling but is he ready on short notice?

Post Count
    How pissed off must Diego be right now that Kos got his fight??

He and Diego ing hate eachother.

Seeking the quiet mind desflood's Avatar
    Post Count
    Cote might have a shot if Silva's head is not in the fight like it usually is. All the retirement talk and all.
    Silva's pretty cool and level-headed. This is something he probably decided a long time ago and just hadn't said anything before. I don't think his mentality will be any different this time.

That being said, I don't see Cote having a shot. Too bad, he's a tough kid.

Post Count
    Silva's pretty cool and level-headed. This is something he probably decided a long time ago and just hadn't said anything before. I don't think his mentality will be any different this time.

That being said, I don't see Cote having a shot. Too bad, he's a tough kid.
    GSP is level headed too and he got beat by Serra. I doubt it will happen just saying we have seen over and over in MMA, you never know...

Post Count
    Serra was a fluke....and there is nothing more I hate than taking anything away from a fighter saying they had a fluke win...but Serra...was a fluke win.

Dirk Administers THE SHOCKER LEONARD's Avatar
    Post Count
    Cote will get knocked out in the 1st round...

and I'm hoping that Griffin and Alves win...tough matchups though.

Seeking the quiet mind desflood's Avatar
    Post Count
    GSP is level headed too and he got beat by Serra. I doubt it will happen just saying we have seen over and over in MMA, you never know...
    Eh... normally, that's true of GSP, but he has admitted that sometimes his mind gets the better of him. The first time he lost to Hughes he didn't say it was because of a lack of skill - he said he was intimidated by Matt. After his loss to Serra, his excuse was that he was "distracted" by some family issues.

Post Count
    Serra was a fluke....and there is nothing more I hate than taking anything away from a fighter saying they had a fluke win...but Serra...was a fluke win.
    I love GSP you know that, but he had his head up his ass that night. He was buying too much into his own hype and he didn't respect Serra at all. I think because he rolled with him some on TUF 4, he likely felt even more at ease with his ability to dominate him. Losing to Serra really was the "best thing to happen to GSP" as he often says. Got him to realize he is not unbeatable and re-focused.

Post Count
    Eh... normally, that's true of GSP, but he has admitted that sometimes his mind gets the better of him. The first time he lost to Hughes he didn't say it was because of a lack of skill - he said he was intimidated by Matt. After his loss to Serra, his excuse was that he was "distracted" by some family issues.
    All True but GSP also talks to the media alot about what is on his mind. He is very friendly like that. Silva barely speaks a word of English so who knows what's on his mind all the time.

Post Count
    Yeah I agree..GSP drank his own cool-aid.

Regardless...IMO it was still a fluke.

Post Count

It's funny about that fight because all the promos were "Is GSP taking this seriously" and GSP saying all the right things about how "serious he is taking it" and turns out he was not serious at all. I did not even bother to order that fight. I remember being on Sherdog and when people were yelling at how GSP got KO'd i thought they were kidding...

I really Like Sera and it wasnt a fluke. He capitalized on a mistake and thats what you do in MMA. I wouldnt call it a fluke by any means, Sera was the better man that night. I know GSP is a way better fighter and he showed that in the rematch. Sometimes in MMA happens and you get knocked the out. They are all professionals and sometimes even the mighty fall. Its like what my trainer and the guys I spar with at boxing tell me. Its about hitting and hurting each other for the win. Your going to get hit, your going to get caught from time to time. They are all trained fighters and that is their job. LOL sorry I ranted there, I just dont see any win being a fluke if the other guy gets knocked out or taps out. You can call it a fluke if the other guys wins by dec and shouldnt have (Bisping vs Hamell).

I love GSP you know that,
    really, i couldnt tell hahah

Post Count
    I really Like Sera and it wasnt a fluke. He capitalized on a mistake and thats what you do in MMA. I wouldnt call it a fluke by any means, Sera was the better man that night. I know GSP is a way better fighter and he showed that in the rematch. Sometimes in MMA happens and you get knocked the out. They are all professionals and sometimes even the mighty fall. Its like what my trainer and the guys I spar with at boxing tell me. Its about hitting and hurting each other for the win. Your going to get hit, your going to get caught from time to time. They are all trained fighters and that is their job. LOL sorry I ranted there, I just dont see any win being a fluke if the other guy gets knocked out or taps out. You can call it a fluke if the other guys wins by dec and shouldnt have (Bisping vs Hamell).
    Yeah i pretty much agree. GSP came into the fight not believing that Serra could hurt him. Like i said before i really believe that sparring and rolling, watching him fight and train, on TUF 4 gave GSP a false sense of confidence about his ability to whip his ass. Serra came in really hungry, he has a good right hand, GSP made a mistake and BAM!! He paid for it. does indeed happen in MMA

Post Count
    I really Like Sera and it wasnt a fluke. He capitalized on a mistake and thats what you do in MMA..
    This is true.

Post Count
    really, i couldnt tell hahah
    Don't mess with me you Arlovski Nut-Hugger

Yeah i pretty much agree. GSP came into the fight not believing that Serra could hurt him. Like i said before i really believe that sparring and rolling, watching him fight and train, on TUF 4 gave GSP a false sense of confidence about his ability to whip his ass. Serra came in really hungry, he has a good right hand, GSP made a mistake and BAM!! He paid for it. does indeed happen in MMA
    Yeah and like was said earlier it was the best thing that could have happend to GSP. I am sure he will never make that mistake again (or not anytime soon). GSP was his own worst enemy that night and Sera made him pay for it. It was nice seeing Matt winning the le even if it was for a bit. I really was sad to not see a Sera vs Hughes fight. I hope it still happens.

Don't mess with me you Arlovski Nut-Hugger
    hahahaha, its ok man. It could be worse, we could be in man love with Sokoudjou hehehe. (Just kidding Kd)

Thread Information