Thank God I'm a country boy! djohn14's Avatar
    Post Count
    UFC middleweight Chris Leben has been suspended nine months and fined an undisclosed amount by Zuffa officials after testing positive for the steroid Stanazolol, according to a report by Dave Meltzer of Yahoo! Sports.

Leben reportedly tested positive following his three-round loss to Michael Bisping at UFC 89 on Oct. 18 in Birmingham, England. The exact amount of Leben’s fine is unknown, as his purse figure has never been publicly released. However, he will lose a third of whatever he was paid.

“I am obviously disappointed with Chris, who has made great strides getting his life back on track,” UFC President Dana White is quoted as saying in the Yahoo! report. “To his credit, he has taken responsibility for his actions and is accepting the punishment that has been handed down. But as always, the UFC puts the safety of its athletes first and foremost, and we won’t tolerate anyone using performance enhancing drugs in our organization.”

The only regulation of combat sports in England is the country’s boxing commission, which does not preside over MMA.

Since the sport is not regulated in the UK, the UFC utilizes company Vice President of Regulatory Affairs Mark Ratner as an independent regulator with the company administring drug tests to its own athletes. Ratner formerly served as the executive director of the Nevada State Athletic Commission.

Post Count
    So much for people who didn't believe the UFC tested legitimately/fairly. Freaking headliner who just got re-signed….hows that for blowing tin foil hat people out of the water...

Post Count
    Such a shame, dude just can't get his life together for good

See polandprzem stuff like this is why i have faith the system is working. IT's not perfect but its working..

Post Count
    Its sad...I really wanted him to get it togather.

Dirk Administers THE SHOCKER LEONARD's Avatar
    Post Count
    Glad to see a positive test on a UK card...have always questioned if it was done at all...

Stupid move on Leben's part though...wtf?

Post Count
    dude's got too many demons. Now we know why he was in such great shape for his fight with Bisping. So even if he had won, it would not have meant a thing thanks to this...

Who wants a mustache ride oligarchy's Avatar
    Post Count
    Glad to see a positive test on a UK card...have always questioned if it was done at all...

He's not the first -- I believe it was Anthony Torres.

Post Count
    He's not the first -- I believe it was Anthony Torres.
    Oh thats right, good memory....dude got cut from the UFC too.

Post Count
    jackass. looked in really good shape too. you think dana will let him back?

Post Count

I know Marcus Davis has been roidin up over seas for his past 3 or 4 fights.

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count
    I want to see if he will be suspended 9 months ... and in UFC 9 months is what? 2 fights?

He will protest IMO, we will see.

He just took too many and that was his problem IMO.

Post Count
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanozolol

Take a look at some names close to the bottom

Post Count
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanozolol

Take a look at some names close to the bottom
    I want to throw rocks at Tim Sylvia. Not just little peices of rock either, those big rocks. Boulders. I want to throw boulders at Tim Sylvia.

Post Count

Why is that?

Post Count
    I cant stand him. I dont know why, but I never could. Thats why my best memory of MMA and UFC in general was when Randy dropped him.

Post Count
    I know Marcus Davis has been roidin up over seas for his past 3 or 4 fights.
    Its fine and dandy to be su ious...but "you know?" Thats a unfair blanket statement IMO.

Post Count
    Its fine and dandy to be su ious...but "you know?" Thats a unfair blanket statement IMO.
    lol i actually don't even have su ion. I was just trying to get something out of Leonard on Marcus Davis.

Post Count
    Dang it sorry....feel free to delete my post ........

He needs better steroids.

Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    Post Count
    i never liked this kid, but when i saw how his work ethic transformed i began to respect him a little. this is definitely disappointing but i cant say im shocked.

UFC middleweight Chris Leben has been suspended nine months and fined an undisclosed amount by Zuffa officials after testing positive for the steroid Stanazolol, according to a report by Dave Meltzer of Yahoo! Sports.

Leben reportedly tested positive following his three-round loss to Michael Bisping at UFC 89 on Oct. 18 in Birmingham, England. The exact amount of Leben’s fine is unknown, as his purse figure has never been publicly released. However, he will lose a third of whatever he was paid.
    MMA has steroids - no surprise - steroids seem to exist in all sports.

When someone in MMA is "caught" I often wonder why all the other guys in MMA weren't "caught".

Post Count
    MMA has steroids - no surprise - steroids seem to exist in all sports.

When someone in MMA is "caught" I often wonder why all the other guys in MMA weren't "caught".
    Same 'wonder' is chaseing me

Thread Information