Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Count
    I know that there's still time for this event, but who do you guys think will be the top 3 draft picks?

49ers Need a QB and I think they'll go with - Alex Smith out of Utah
    Miami will be stupid and pass on Cedric Benson and go with - Cadillac Williams out of Auburn,...i think Benson has more potential but both will be damn good RBs in the Pros, with Benson's UT, Ricky Williams Worship thing scaring the Fish.
    and 3rd I think Unfortunately for his career and him Cedric Benson will go to the lowly always terrible no hope of ever improving Cleveland Browns!

I know if I was in a NFL Draft and a stud player I'd want to avoid The Cleveland Browns and Arizona Cardinals at all costs...damn too bad there isn't a USFL no more to dodge those sorry ass franchises. There's a reason they're always drafting high every year, and I don't care if Crennel is the man in Cleveland, I say he falls flat on his face and is out before 5 yrs!
    Last edited by N.Y. Johnny; 02-19-2005 at 11:48 PM.

Cause Miami REALLY needs to draft another dread-locked, pot-smoking, Heisman-candidate running back.

The Sean Marks Dance Duff McCartney's Avatar
    Post Count
    Benson cut his dreads in an attempt to not be seen as another Ricky Williams clone.

What an idiot.

Leonard Doody is my BITCH! Mr Dio's Avatar
    Post Count
    IF no trades are made in the top 3 then I see:

SF - Aaron Rodgers, I think a better passer than Smith & a bigger frame. Most likely a favorite w/the fans in the area because of playing @ Cal.

Mia - I think they will go w/Cedric.

Cle - Wow, where to start rebuilding..again. QB (Smith), WR (Mike Williams), LB (DJ), or CB (Rolle). I don't think they'll go w/an RB or draft a QB this high & risk a Couch situation again. Romeo Crennel is a Def. minded coach & I think he'll trade down & take a DL. Because this is about who the top 3 will be I'd say if Cle stays put @ #3 they take DJ or Rolle. They still have Suggs @ RB, Winslow @ TE & Bryant/Davis @ WR. I think their O is OK..for now.

Post Count
    eagles need a quarterback
    they need to bring in a quarterback that can learn under the greatest choker of all time mcnabb so they can choke after mcnabb retires

Post Count
    eagles need a quarterback
    they need to bring in a quarterback that can learn under the greatest choker of all time mcnabb so they can choke after mcnabb retires
    What a comedian you are!

You should be on Comedy Central!!!!!

...dude, get over the ing eagles, we all know how much you love talking about them, Stupid piece of duck trash.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    We have an extremely weak draft this year. 3 RBs could possibly go in the top 10, which is a sign of how weak this draft is. That isn't to take away from the RBs in this years class, because I think Benson, Williams, and Brown are both top prospects, but history shows that RB is a relatively easy position to fill and backs just aren't drafted that high unless it is a weak class.

With that said, I think SF will trade out of the first pick, but assuming everyone stays put I think the top 3 goes:

SF - Antrelle Rolle
    MIA - Aaron Rodgers
    CLE - Derrick Johnson

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    Post Count
    Miami won't draft Bongson, they've already been down that path before and anyone with any kind of insight into Texas football knows Ced is a bigger pothead than Ricky was.

Post Count
    Scott, why do you think Mia will draft a QB? I thought they had sent a 2nd or a 3rd to Phi for AJ Feely? Feely will only be 28 when the season starts & would prob have 5-6 decent yrs ahead of him.

Al, was it a 2nd or 3rd rounder?

Surtain is seeking a trade from Mia so maybe Antrel Rolle or Cedric could be viable options for Mia.

Post Count
    Al, was it a 2nd or 3rd rounder?
    I don't even remember, but I'm glad AJ is in Miami as a starter. Football is one of those sports that sucks at being a back up in, or at least for QB's.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Scott, why do you think Mia will draft a QB? I thought they had sent a 2nd or a 3rd to Phi for AJ Feely?
    It was a 2nd rounder, and AJ Feely is the reason I think Fins should go QB... Feely sucks terribly. For a good part of the season he had thrown more INTs for TDs than TDs to his own teammates.

With the FA RBs available, Miami should target a Shaun Alexander, Lamont Jordon, or maybe Michael Bennett who is rumored to be available, and draft the franchise QB.

Post Count
    With the FA RBs available, Miami should target a Shaun Alexander, Lamont Jordon, or maybe Michael Bennett who is rumored to be available, and draft the franchise QB.
    It'll have to be LJordan or MBennett..Just read that Hasselbeck agreed to terms w/Sea like their OL WJones did. Franchise tag still open for SAlexander.

I think Mike Williams would such a great fit for so many teams. I think he has SUPERSTAR potential. What do you think?

We'll know more about Williams after the Combine, being out for one year after the NCAA ed him out of last season at USC. If he shows that form that wowed the scouts last year at the last combine then Williams is going to be a stud WR.

Looks like the Fish are going with a QB maybe

Post Count
    He may very well be the next Young. Morrison from SDSU & Roth from Iowa are players I'd like to have on the 'Boys D next yr.

What's up people. I'm new here. I'm a Piston's fan in San Antonio. I had to jump ship over here for a while as the boards over on the Detroit site have been suckin' lately. There's just not a whole lot of great threads....lot of nonsense. Anyways, I was reading your posts and felt I might be able to throw in my 2 cents. I've been scouring the net, magazines, rumor mills, and mock draft sites for draft prospects. I have compiled a "mock" of my own based on team needs and that no teams trade their picks.

Alright ladies and gentlemen here is my 1st round draft:

1. San Francisco: Aaron Rodgers QB, California
    2. Miami: Ronnie Brown RB, Auburn
    3. Cleveland: Derrick Johnson OLB, Texas
    4. Chicago: Braylon Edwards WR, Michigan
    5. Tampa Bay: Alex Smith QB, Utah
    6. Tennessee: Antrelle Rolle CB, Miami
    7. Minnesota (from Oakland): Mike Williams WR, USC
    8. Arizona: Cedric Benson RB, Texas
    9: Washington: Adam Jones CB, West Virginia
    10. Detroit: Erasmus James DE, Wisconsin
    11. Dallas: Shawn Merriman DE, Maryland
    12. San Diego (from NYG): David Pollack DE, Georgia
    13. Houston: Alex Barron OT, Florida St
    14. Carolina: Carnell Williams RB, Auburn
    15. Kansas City: Carlos Rogers CB, Auburn
    16. New Orleans: Thomas Davis S, Georgia
    17. Cincinnati: Travis Johnson DT, Florida St
    18. Minnesota: Jammal Brown OT, Oklahoma
    19. St. Louis: Shaun Cody DE, USC
    20. Dallas (from Buffalo): Corey Webster CB, LSU
    21. Jacksonville: Troy Williamson WR, South Carolina
    22. Baltimore: Mark Clayton WR, Oklahoma
    23. Seattle: Matt Roth DE, Iowa
    24. Green Bay: Channing Crowder ILB, Florida
    25. Denver: Marcus Spears DE, LSU
    26. NY Jets: Brandon Browner CB, Oregon State
    27. Atlanta: Khalif Barnes OT, Washington
    28. San Diego: Brodney Pool S, Oklahoma
    29. Indianapolis: Barrett Ruud ILB, Nebraska
    30. Pittsburgh: Heath Miller TE, Virginia
    31. Philadelphia: Chris Henry WR, West Virginia
    32. New England: Marlin Jackson CB, Michigan

The Sean Marks Dance Duff McCartney's Avatar
    Post Count
    Smith
    Brown
    Edwards

Post Count
    Rodgers
    Brown
    Edwards

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    msufan, why Cory Webster @ #20. Dallas just spent $25 mil on a CB opposite of Newman... no room for another first round CB. I'd look WR, LB, or RT in this spot.

msufan, why Cory Webster @ #20. Dallas just spent $25 mil on a CB opposite of Newman... no room for another first round CB. I'd look WR, LB, or RT in this spot.
    It's obvious that Newman hasn't quite lived up to his hype yet.IMO, after suffering through injuries and inconsistant play you can never have enough CB's. Corey Webster seems to me as the most "can't miss prospect" on the boards at the time. Nothing wrong with taking the best overall talent on the board, especially if would help bolster a somwhat suspect secondary.

As for their receivers...well, while T. Glenn and K. Johnson certainly wouldn't be my first two picks as studs to stretch the field...however, they are certainly servicable. Also, they are Parcells' guys, know his system, and he "trusts" them. I believe I have Troy Williams still falling to one pick after Dallas....This guys stock is apparantly raising due to his "afterburner" speed. Outside of his 40 time, his skills are supposedly kind of raw. If Parcells is committed to winning now, I don't believe he will go for the "project pick" as Williams could turn out to be.

As for the tackles, there just doesn't seem to be a pick worthy of taking at that spot. As some other servicable backup lineman can be found in rounds 2-4.

Agree or disagree, it is only a mock. I can't wait to sit down with a case a Bud on April 26th to see how it all plays out. GO LIONS!!!!!

Post Count
    Agree or disagree, it is only a mock. I can't wait to sit down with a case a Bud on April 26th to see how it all plays out. GO LIONS!!!!!
    That would suck, seeing as how the draft is on April 23.

Post Count
    Dallas won't draft a CB in the 1st round. WR, LB, DE & S are much bigger concerns. It can be said that many starters in the league haven't lived up to their potential.

Dallas won't draft a CB in the 1st round. WR, LB, DE & S are much bigger concerns. It can be said that many starters in the league haven't lived up to their potential.
    Like I said earlier, I saw him as the "best overall" talent at any respective position at this point in the draft....IMO, there were no LB's outside of Rudd and Crowder left, and they play the middle....if Dallas wants to run the 3-4, they are going to need speedy "outside" linebackers not these two. As for DE...well I have Marcus Spears, however, he doesn't have neither the initial burst, nor speed to generate push in a 3 man line. As for your safety.....maybe take a look at Pool from OK, also Ernest Shazor (MI) will likely be a good candidate in the 2nd round.

Post Count
    a lot of Mock Drafts I have seen have Merriman going to Dallas at 11.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Newman hasn't lived up to the hype? What hype?

He's been a solid corner. He had a good rookie season and struggled a little bit the first half of last year but that would be expected with a defense as poor as ours was last season. You just can't tie up your entire salary cap on CBs just because one guy hasn't proven to be Deion Sanders in his first 2 years.

Thread Information