Ok guys i am from Iceland and Mixed Martial Arts are pretty popular in Iceland where we got Mjölnir,and Fjolnir and more teams in Iceland. But i wanted to talk about Gunnar Nelson does anyone know about that guy? He's a pro MMA and BJJ fighter and has the record 5-0-1 and is a pretty good fighter.

Details...

DOB: July 28th 1988
    Weight: 77 kg (170 pounds)
    Height: 180 cm (5'9")

Gunnar Nelson (Gunni) is an Icelandic professional MMA and BJJ fighter. He's lives in Reykjavik, the capital of Iceland but has mostly been staying in UK and Ireland since he started his MMA career.

Gunnar fights out of the Icelandic MMA club Mjölnir - SBG International in Reykjavik but he has also trained and fought out of SBG Ireland in Dublin where his trainer has been John Kavanagh and SBG UK in Manchester where his trainer has been Karl Tanswell.

In his childhood years Gunnar trained both football (soccer) and ice hockey. At the age of 13 (autumn 2001) he started training Goju-Ryu karate and won the Icelandic Juvenile Kumite Championship le in 2003. He never gave that le away in the years he competed in karate, winning it again in 2004 and 2005. Gunnar also took home medals in every karate tournament he participated in over the years 2003-2005. In 2005, he was chosen as Iceland’s most up-and-coming karate talent of the year at only 16 years of age. Shortly after that he stopped Karate to work for a career within MMA and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu instead.
    MMA and BJJ career

Gunnar started training MMA and BJJ along with his karate training in the year 2005. In 2006 Gunnar decided to drop his karate training and concentrate on his MMA and BJJ training. Gunnar has since then won many medals, both in Grappling and BJJ compe ions. Gunnar is a BJJ brown belt since June 2008 under John Kavanagh and Matt Thornton president of Straight Blast Gym. Matt has this to say about Gunnar:

"Over the last Twelve Years of my involvement in BJJ and MMA I have had the privilege of working with many top athletes. This list includes people like Randy Couture, Dan Henderson and Forrest Griffin, to name just a few.
    Gunnar Nelson from Iceland is an up and coming athlete that I believe has all the qualities and skill needed in order to compete at that same level of athletic achievement.
    I have no doubt that Gunnar will be a champion of this sport, should that be where his heart takes him."

- Matt Thornton (February 2008)

In May 2007 Gunnar fought in MMA for the first time. It was a Pro MMA fight in Copenhagen, Denmark. The fight was against a much more experienced Danish fighter who is considered one of the best MMA fighters in Denmark. The Danish judges ruled the fight a draw. Since then Gunnar has fought 5 other MMA pro fights and won them.

As mentioned before John Kavanagh (Dublin) and Karl Tanswell (Manchester) have prepared Gunnar for all his MMA fights and cannot been thanked enough for what they've done and keep on doing. Gunnar trains with the best to become one of the best. He has spent time in Hilo, Hawaii training with BJ Penn and with Renzo Gracie in New York, to name just a few.

FEW PICS FROM HIM...

Just wanted to see if somebody knew some about him.. and show pepole who he is..here is he homepage http://www.gunnarnelson.info/

are you him?

Not really but i know him..

Post Count
    I didn't know one of the Nelson twins was a MMA fighter...

Nobody knows him?...

Goodwill Ambassador spurs_fan_in_exile's Avatar
    Post Count
    I didn't know one of the Nelson twins was a MMA fighter...
    I don't really post here, but the thread le caught my eye from the main page. I thought, "The guy from Celebrity Fit Club?"

I know MMA is THE up and coming sport these days but it seems a rather suicidal way to extend your 15 minutes of fame.

Sadly it's not, although I think it's just a matter of time before there is some C-list celebrity MMA fight show somewhere on TV.

Post Count

Seeking the quiet mind desflood's Avatar
    Post Count
    Sadly it's not, although I think it's just a matter of time before there is some C-list celebrity MMA fight show somewhere on TV.
    http://mma.komikazee.com/news/commen...holds_tryouts/

Just wanted to see if somebody knew some about him.. and show pepole who he is..here is he homepage http://www.gunnarnelson.info/
    I know about him - but we are a fight club in St. Louis that works from SBGi materials.

Never Forget David HighLowLobForBig-50's Avatar
    Post Count
    Not really but i know him..
    how are you "not really" someone?
    i think it was him, or at the least his GF

White Mormon Pride The TroutBum's Avatar
    Post Count
    That dude has muscles in his , damn.

Post Count
    Damn, these guys came a long way

Thread Information