Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So now that I have spent time with it this is what I think. The single player was fun I got killed with nades allot in the campaign.

Online can be better, Zombie is cool to play with friends and Co-op mission is fun also but there always seems to be some dumb ass who has to charge forward get killed and make the whole team restart from the last check point. I played the other night and the same guy died 4 times in the same damn spot and I got piss and told him off. Needless to say he left and we got past that part easy once he was gone.

As for Vs. online, I'm a Headquarters lover. I only play that mode but the damn maps on here are to damn big for it. Half the time the other team is next to it while the other team is way on the other side. Allot of maps don't have quick A to B routes. I see the HQ but some damn brick wall witch my 7 year old could jump stops my guy, so I have to run along it to find a low low spot or a opening, meanwhile the other team is capturing the HQ. we need a small map like Shipment was in CoD 4 just a small square = so much chaos and fun.

Why not add a jeep that fits 4 players in to hall ass across the maps, speaking of vehicles.

Tanks are a pain in the ass, I like part 4 with no tanks and no damn trip mines. You can't even see them unless you have the perk on to make them visible. They should be at least semi visible without the perk.

Dogs are ok but I like the chopper from part 4. Air strikes on 4 was also better than the stupid artillery on here. I hardly kill people with it even tho it shows them right on it, and it makes my own teams screen shake like crazy when they are by it and you can hardly move. So if you are trying to get to a HQ to capture/destroy it, you can mess up your own team because it makes them move like snails.

I like this game but I don't love it like CoD4, I would have been happy with a map pack update for part 4 with 10 new maps for a reasonable price. Most my friends online have both games but there always on pt 4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CoD4 is the best online multiplayer shooter of any kind since Counterstrike. And that's a LOT of games to go through. I wasn't expecting CODWoW to be that brilliant. I don't think I'm going to get CoDWoW because there are too many other games out right now that are must-haves, and CoD4 seems to be as good, if not better than this new iteration.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WaW is ing great. The campaign really sucked me in. The flamethrower is my favorite weapon so far. I still give the edge to Cod4, but very very slightly, because of the better weapon inventory.

Veteran
    My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    I didn't get it but I've played the Beta a lot.

Dogs suck- they overly powerful and you can't defend against them like you could with helicopters. All they do is add extra chaos to a game that often comes down to microseconds of time.

Colors suck- Everything is brown. Uni's, textures, walls. This is one brown ass game

Graphics- Not nearly as detailed as COD 4. The WAW guns look like black metal tubes in a pair of cartoon hands. The COD 4 guns are so intricate in their design it's not even funny. Even down to the level of detail of putting a fingerprint on the back of the uzi or mini scratches in the finish of the mp5. Or the quality of the reload animations. Or the death animations- no ragdoll physics in WaW. Or just the feel of the guns.

One day I played WaW for a couple hours straight and then I put in COD 4. I was blown away by how much better cod 4 looked and felt. I hadn't realized just how big the difference was until I did the direct comparison, but it's not even close; WaW has nothing on modern warfare.

Mr. Burns
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I concur.
    I'm playing a bunch right now.
    Like WAW, but still a COD4 guy.

Right on about the Artillery and Dogs.
    Not nearly as cool

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The concept of the dogs is cool as , but in reality, it's not all that great. Still a very cool game though.

Veteran
    My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    Also, I saw somebody mention in a review somewhere how ty the pistols look in WaW. Once I checked it out I couldn't believe it. When you pull the sights up the guns just un-naturally pop in, really fast and all close to your face. IMO, it just looks like . They're more powerful, but I don't like that. In 4 I snipe a lot so I'm really used to and proud of my Deagle/usp skills. WaW mitigates that.

With the dogs, if they were going to do it at all, they should have had a smaller pack and you should have been able to break their necks like in the COD 4 campaign. I've unleashed them a bunch and it's great, get a lot of kills, but I've also seen noobs get one really lucky streak going and the dogs will just carry them to victory. The helicopter was so much better because while it benefited good players, on most maps, it wasn't so powerful that you could eek your way to winning a match on it's strength alone. With dogs, you can.

I feel kind of bad nitpicking the out of this game, cause for all it's faults, it's still pretty playable compared to a lot of FPS's. It does deserve an intensely critical comparison to Modern Warfare though and such criticisms are wholly fair in my mind. It's the newest iteration of the COD franchise and thusly, if it falls against it's predecessor, it falls especially hard. They needed to up the ante and instead they didn't even compete.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    CoD4 is the best online multiplayer shooter of any kind since Counterstrike.
    This.

Only two online shooters have kept me occupied for more than 2 weeks: CS and COD4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This.

Only two online shooters have kept me occupied for more than 2 weeks: CS and COD4.
    So Resistanze none of the Resistance games kept you occupied?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is how the dogs get there when you call them in,

Mr Robinsons hood denizen Creepn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So between Modern Warfare and War at War, which one should I get? They both sound really good.

Ain't over 'till its over MaNuMaNiAc's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So between Modern Warfare and War at War, which one should I get? They both sound really good.
    Modern Warfare without a shadow of a doubt

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CoD4 will likely go down as one of the 5 best multiplayer games of the decade. It is utterly brilliant.

Veteran
    My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    I concur, get 4.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get COD4. COD4 is easily the best game since Bioshock came out at the very least.

Mr Robinsons hood denizen Creepn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks guys, will do. I guess I will see some of you folks on the battlefield!

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Ive been playing nothing but cod waw since i bought it and gears at the same time. Im level 47 or 48 at the moment, cant wait to get level 53 to unlock the ppsh, when i do its over fools.

if you want to play add me (blademaster) xbox 360

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dunno about the Xbox one but damn there are allot of glitchers on the PS3, more than CoD 4 ever had and this just came out.

I'm always getting killed from under the map, just youtube search Call of Duty World at War glitch and you can see how many there are. Need a patch stat.

Damn people are going 60+ kills with 1 or 2 deaths, bull .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dunno about the Xbox one but damn there are allot of glitchers on the PS3, more than CoD 4 ever had and this just came out.

I'm always getting killed from under the map, just youtube search Call of Duty World at War glitch and you can see how many there are. Need a patch stat.

Damn people are going 60+ kills with 1 or 2 deaths, bull .
    google aim bot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea that's pc, I played CoD 4 on PS3 and Xbox and no one ever seem to have a crazy kill to death ratio in a game I played.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    most of the 360 glitches have been patched.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    my 11 year old son is getting it for xmas

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have both.

I could play COD4 for HOURS..and not get tired of it.
    With COD WaW.. I get a little tired of it after about an hour.

The maps are just gray and dull... and a little too big.
    The guns suck.

The guns you start off with hardly kill... and if you go up against a 50+ level guy with all of his high-end guns, you're screwed.

I'm not sure I'm going to prestige on WaW... I might just stay at level 65.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have both.

I could play COD4 for HOURS..and not get tired of it.
    With COD WaW.. I get a little tired of it after about an hour.

The maps are just gray and dull... and a little too big.
    The guns suck.

The guns you start off with hardly kill... and if you go up against a 50+ level guy with all of his high-end guns, you're screwed.

I'm not sure I'm going to prestige on WaW... I might just stay at level 65.
    I'm not going to prestige got tired of doing it in CoD4. You are spot on about the guns when you are higher lvs. I just unlock the last gun in the Sub machine gun and with the drum clip I go 40+ kills allot now.

Veteran
    My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    I've never prestiged in cod 4 and I never will. People say it makes you better, but that's a joke. IMO, what makes you better is using the high level guns, games and equipment, not using the best guns in the game that you immediately get at level 4 (mp5, ak, m4, m16, m4a01). If you can master several gametypes along with claymores, 3 grenades, the mp44, g3, m14, the snipers and deagle, you're going to be golden with all of the easier weapons and you're going to be a significantly more multi-dimensional and intuitive when you play. So, I don't see the point of prestiging. It's time lost that could be spent practicing with the higher level guns. It's all about getting your full arsenal, getting deep and good as with it and then putting it to work. Besides, I don't like any of the emblems except the propeller #7 and I love being an under the radar 5 silver star 55.

Thread Information