Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've never prestiged in cod 4 and I never will. People say it makes you better, but that's a joke. IMO, what makes you better is using the high level guns, games and equipment, not using the best guns in the game that you immediately get at level 4 (mp5, ak, m4, m16, m4a01). If you can master several gametypes along with claymores, 3 grenades, the mp44, g3, m14, the snipers and deagle, you're going to be golden with all of the easier weapons and you're going to be a significantly more multi-dimensional and intuitive when you play. So, I don't see the point of prestiging. It's time lost that could be spent practicing with the higher level guns. It's all about getting your full arsenal, getting deep and good as with it and then putting it to work. Besides, I don't like any of the emblems except the propeller #7 and I love being an under the radar 5 silver star 55.
    under the radar

Veteran
    My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    I understand your implied irony, but well, it's true. People don't expect from you when you haven't prestiged.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    once you're in the game.....no one cares about your rank

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its a good game, but if I'm going to play a WWII shooter, its still gonna be Medal of Honor Airborne. The fact that I can't use cover and lean around walls in CoD pisses me off.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I understand your implied irony, but well, it's true. People don't expect from you when you haven't prestiged.
    It takes a person 1 match to figure that out if you're running a round with an ACog or golden gun it takes one kill.

Veteran
    My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    It takes a person 1 match to figure that out if you're running a round with an ACog or golden gun it takes one kill.
    It's not like I consider it a decisive advantage or anything... or even a miniscule advantage. It's just, I don't know, nice, for some reason, to not have a prestige emblem.

By the way kooks, cod 6, is no more. Now it's officially Modern Warfare 2. Woot-Woot!
    http://news.bigdownload.com/2008/12/...lly-announced/
    It's not exactly a huge shock but it's still very cool to hear the official news. MTV Multiplayer reports that during a presentation for advertisers at Microsoft's in-game ad division Massive it was revealed that Activision will be releasing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 in the fall of 2009.

While the report had no other details, it's likely that Infinity Ward is the developer for the game. They created the franchise and also were the team behind Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare in 2007 which was by far the most successful entry in the series. The le seems to suggest that the new game will be a direct sequel to the events in Call of Duty 4. The report also has reveals of other upcoming Activision games which are likely console only les (including a James Bond themed racing game from Bizarre Creations).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh holy yes.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I am definitely getting MWF:2

Veteran
    My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    It'll be interesting to see where they take it. Are they going to keep the same arsenal of weaponry/perks, or are we going to see something new? A lot of real-life modern weaponry is modular to handle different environments and ammunition. On the ign boards or somewhere I saw a thread devoted to the idea of more real and more modular warfare, where for example, instead of stopping power you'd have the option to upgrade the barrel and ammo of your gun to a larger caliber, but it would be slightly heavier and less mobile. Or instead of juggernaut- you'd equip a vest that weighed you down a bit. Or deep impact would be armor/wall piercing bullets, but with more muzzle flash and slightly more recoil.

All in all basically the same thing, but instead of stupid euphemisms like "stopping Power" etc, the perks would all be real world implementations, with slight tradeoffs and disadvantages that come along with their use. And actually, cod is not going to take this route, nor do I really think they should as MW is awesome the way it is, but as realistic as cod is, I wouldn't mind someday seeing an online shooter predicated and entirely devoted to reality, in a way we haven't seen yet.

Like this- AR-15

Last edited by balli; 12-04-2008 at 01:47 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've never been a big COD fan but I borrowed my friend's COD MW and love it. He only gave me a week but I'm sure I'm almost done with single player mode (reviews say it's so short). I'll probably end up buying it if online is still active. Can anyone answer that? Thanks in advance PS3 btw

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I've never been a big COD fan but I borrowed my friend's COD MW and love it. He only gave me a week but I'm sure I'm almost done with single player mode (reviews say it's so short). I'll probably end up buying it if online is still active. Can anyone answer that? Thanks in advance PS3 btw
    Online is definitely still active.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in a, thanks

Thread Information