Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    dude when spurs had dennis rodman they had two bigs getting over 10 rebounds a game
    Wow omg.......you mean pound for pound the greatest rebounder that ever lived, shocking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oberto is absolute garbage...
    I agree. You might get more production out of a tree stump. I hate seeing Oberto in a Spurs uniform, what a turd he is.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are talking about just 1 game.I'm talking about getting better to beat the lakers in the WCFs and the Celtics,Cavs or Piston to win another ring.
    Personally I would go after Mirko Milicic. I dont know how much his contract worths, but I'll look into it.
    We defenetly have some young talent that could make Memphis better in the long run,while we can add a guy who is better tham any of our bigs bisedes Duncan.
    no, he doesn't want to do what the Spurs would ask him to do. He's complaining about it on a losing team and how he wants to be the focus of the offense so coming to San Antonio he most certainly will not be the main focus so no need in looking into signing him. Might as well look elsewhere

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was truly amazed at how much quicker Bonner is than Scola....and that's saying something, because Bonner is probably one of the 10 slowest players in the NBA. He looked like Tony Parker compared to Scola..

No wonder Scola doesn't get played in the fourth quarter....ever.(That, and and he chokes, but so does Bonner).

In any case...Scola had little or nothing to do with this win and Bonner outplayed him.

They are basically the same player except Bonner is more of a perimeter offensive player and Scola is more of an interior offensive player...Scola probably has a little more fire...he definitely didn't like the way Bonner took his ass to school in the first half.

They are about the same player....Scola wouldn't pull the minutes for the Spurs he pulls for the Rockets...if his speed is too much of a liability for Adelman, you can bet it would be even worse with Pop.

In conclusion...Scola was, is, and will continue to be over-rated by an astoundingly large number of clueless basketball fans....never has there been so much talk about a scrub.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was truly amazed at how much quicker Bonner is than Scola....and that's saying something, because Bonner is probably one of the 10 slowest players in the NBA. He looked like Tony Parker compared to Scola..

No wonder Scola doesn't get played in the fourth quarter....ever.(That, and and he chokes, but so does Bonner).

In any case...Scola had little or nothing to do with this win and Bonner outplayed him.

They are basically the same player except Bonner is more of a perimeter offensive player and Scola is more of an interior offensive player...Scola probably has a little more fire...he definitely didn't like the way Bonner took his ass to school in the first half.

They are about the same player....Scola wouldn't pull the minutes for the Spurs he pulls for the Rockets...if his speed is too much of a liability for Adelman, you can bet it would be even worse with Pop.

In conclusion...Scola was, is, and will continue to be over-rated by an astoundingly large number of clueless basketball fans....never has there been so much talk about a scrub.
    +1

First time I truly and completely agreed with a whott post. Usually there's alot more anger/cursing invlolved.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's playing next to Yao who grabs about 10 a game and still manages to clean his fair share of the glass......you truly are a re aren't you?
    He would be playing next to TD, another big manthat surely going to HOF.

I just don't think Scola is "all that". He would be a slight upgrade over Oberto. Scola's success...if you call it that.....is mainly due to the way the Rockets play. We need an ATHLETIC big, Scola is not all that athletic, he is not a shot intimidator/blocker, which is what the Spurs really need.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    What a joke........when's the last time that Oberto grabbed 18 rebounds in a game?...
    ignorant fool...oberto grabbed 17 rebounds against lakers december '07. anyway this year fab has one of the worst rebounding/minutes of his career. like thomas and bonner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I join ST and all I see is Scola, Splitter and even Bourousis threads, plus the inevitable Trade Vaughn classic.

With this Whott guy in the Scola one, inevitably bashing the (not-so-poor) Argentinian.

So things have finally settled in Spursdom, the team is bound to the ennieme inevitable 56 wins season, and random words need to be thrown in, waiting for April to come.

PS. Except that Whott is actually comparing Scola to an NBA bastekball player: so things are still on the mend, perhaps.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

PS. Except that Whott is actually comparing Scola to an NBA bastekball player: so things are still on the mend, perhaps.

I'd take Scola over Thomas, I think Thomas actually is the slowest player in the NBA...I also wouldn't have done that trade if I'd known Splitter was going to back out.

That doesn't mean Scola isn't woefully over-rated...especially by this board.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Scola and Bonner are nothing alike. And Thomas is probably 10x slower than Scola, and yet Pop has no problem playing him. Please keep your weak sauce arguments in the Politics forum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    humm against decent bigs he can not even grab double digit rebounds and you keep bringing up that 18 rebounds
    When was the last time Oberto or Thomas combined grabbed double digit rebounds against decent bigs? Not to mention, when was the last time both combined scored double digit points? I'm not even gonna go with both rebounds and points combined...
    Nobody is claiming that Scola is the second coming of Hakeem... the only thing being pointed out is that the FO does makes mistakes, like trading this guy for peanuts to a division rival when our two centers pale in comparison.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey...just because the majority of Americans are completely ignorant in their voting tendencies, and thus like yourself...that doesn't mean you're rigth about anything else, and last I checked, you weren't...Mr. Team Argentina. Only an idiot would think being in touch with the large number of stupid people in America(because you yourself are stupid) means they're right abotu basketball...

You want to go suck Scola's ass just do it...but please look at the name of this forum...it's not called the Scola ass suckers forum...it's called the Spurs forum, at SpursTalk.

And just so we're clear on this...if I never read another post by you, my life will be the better for it. I have zero interest in your opinion on anything...do you ever notice I never initiate discussions with you or seek you out for debate...there is a very good reason for that...because people who don't know what a continent is are unworthy of being sought for their opinion on anything...

Die...the sooner the better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey...just because the majority of Americans are completely ignorant in their voting tendencies, and thus like yourself...
    You suck. And what's worse, you're in denial... No, not the river. Look it up in the dictionary...

that doesn't mean you're rigth about anything else, and last I checked, you weren't...Mr. Team Argentina.
    I stated my opinion, that contradicts yours. I'm still waiting for a counterpoint. I don't claim to be always right, but I do expect to be proven wrong.

Only an idiot would think being in touch with the large number of stupid people in America(because you yourself are stupid) means they're right abotu basketball...
    Your insults don't bother me at all. Just shows who the stupid really is.

You want to go suck Scola's ass just do it...but please look at the name of this forum...it's not called the Scola ass suckers forum...it's called the Spurs forum, at SpursTalk.
    The thread is called 'Scola thread!'. Maybe you got lost on the way to the Troll forum. I'm talking about Scola on the Scola thread. It makes sense to everybody except you. Who is the stupid again?

And just so we're clear on this...if I never read another post by you, my life will be the better for it. I have zero interest in your opinion on anything...do you ever notice I never initiate discussions with you or seek you out for debate...there is a very good reason for that...because people who don't know what a continent is are unworthy of being sought for their opinion on anything...
    Well, so we're clear on this... you had me on your ignore list, and STILL went ahead, read my post and replied to it with garbage (I still don't see anything supporting how Bonner and Scola are the same type of players). Then you about how you're not reading my posts anymore? Who cares what you do with your ignore list??? Who cares if your life is better from not reading my posts??? You just plain suck, and nobody cares... got that skippy?

Die...the sooner the better.
    I will actually try hard not to, so I can call out the garbage you post in these forums. I mean, my sig will be a reminder of who whottt is for all newcomers: The Spurstalk clown...
    Last edited by ElNono; 12-01-2008 at 09:25 PM.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    haha for once I did not start the Scola troll thread. Kudos to El Nono for his excellent analysis and to Whott, get a brain. You know that if the Spurs had to do it over again, they would have taken Scola in a heartbeat.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    oh by the way

SCOLA RULES!!!

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scola doesnt rule.

But he is a pretty good basketball player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Matt Bonner - PER 18.19

Luis Scola - PER 16.16

Believe..I'l Have another Biernutz's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Matt Bonner - PER 18.19

Luis Scola - PER 16.16

Kurt Thomas - PER 9.39
    Fabricio Oberto - PER 5.97

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Hey Whottt

Tell me how my ass tastes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kurt Thomas - PER 9.39

Bonner is the guy chosen over Scola.

So far, so good

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bonner is the guy chosen over Scola.

So far, so good
    Hey, if he keeps it up, I'm not going to complain.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kurt Thomas - PER 9.39

We all already know they suck, we're talking about THE REDHEAD, not the Arg or former Sonic/OKC Thunder(?).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey, if he keeps it up, I'm not going to complain.
    Seriously though i was and still am against the trade more than nearly anyone - just giving Bonner some props he deserves.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    haha for once I did not start the Scola troll thread. Kudos to El Nono for his excellent analysis
    Excellent analysis? The man cannot understand why Pop plays Thomas...I think Thomas sucks completely, but I know why Pop plays him...and I know those reasons would not apply to Scola.

Thomas preps for his defensive assignments like a coach...Scola gives up on Matt Bonner with a clear path to the basket...

Scola would not have had any ass left if he did that playing for the Spurs.

and to Whott, get a brain. You know that if the Spurs had to do it over again, they would have taken Scola in a heartbeat.
    Well yeah...seeing how Splitter ed them...that doesn't mean Scola isn't over-rated.

Anyway...next time Kori is adding a forum I am going to lobby for a Scola deepthroaters forum...that way you scrub sucking idiots can have a place to do what you do best.

Do not think you are qualified to judge the excellentness of someones basketball take..

You and and El Nono are not to this forum and have contributed nothing to it becoming the place of reknown basketball insight that it is...

What you guys are is a couple of dingleberries, that have contributed nothing except lowering the forum IQ.

Thread Information