Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    Post Count
    Was Forrset winning it? Yes, but Rashad didnt even go after him really, and he didnt use his wrestling skills.
    That's the thing with Rashad, he rarely goes after anyone.. He waits forever to get going and you have to think it is going to come back and bite him at some point..

Dirk Administers THE SHOCKER LEONARD's Avatar
    Post Count
    Wanderlei wants Chuck again, then maybe to MW...

"It’s my normal weight," he says of the light heavyweight class. "I never cut down too much weight for a fight. Maybe I go to fight one more time at light heavyweight, and after I go down."

To Silva, the fight that makes the most sense is a rematch with Chuck Liddell, who gave him a three-round slugfest at UFC 79. He lost the decision, but feels they put on another fight of the year.

"I am thinking I want to fight Chuck again," says Silva. "I want to fight with him again because I had a good match with him, and his style is a good style for me, and my style is good for him. It’s good for the show. Maybe it’s good for Dana."

Post Count
    Man Wandy would look Tiny at MW but that might be the best option for him. Chuck said the other day "He wanted Wandy to win so he could fight him again" but now that he lost he doesn't..

Post Count
    Man Wandy would look Tiny at MW
    He looks tiny at LHW...

He would look bigger at MW, relative to his compe ion...he's a true MW (ie, walks at 205-210 lbs).

Post Count
    He looks tiny at LHW...

He would look bigger at MW, relative to his compe ion...he's a true MW (ie, walks at 205-210 lbs).
    I just meant from looking at him all these years at 205, it's hard to see him dropping 20 pds (Visually) but yes he can do it pretty easy..

Post Count
    He probably wouldn't look much different for the fight...mostly cutting water, but a little less bulky too. Would be interesting to see...

Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    Post Count
    He hasn't shown himself to be a dominant fighter at 205.. I really feel he has gotten lucky to be honest with you. I don't know if you saw his fight with o but he looked awful in that fight. Got outwrestled and outstruck, and o is a mediocre striker at best. If o had not lost a pt for holding the fence in RD 2, he would have lost that fight instead of getting a draw. Then he fought Bisping and looked just as bad. Not dominant in any fashion of the game, got a SD win, then Bisping drops down to 185..

He beat Chuck when lets face it, Chuck is just not himself anymore. After losing the first rd he lands that huge haymaker for the win. He was getting schooled in there with Forrest. Forrest really turned up the pace in RD 2, and the fight was going the way i thought it would go. Forrest being alusive, using angles, Rashad not really able to find him. But Forrest as we now know, broke his hand in the 2nd RD, and then Evans got that big punch in there. I'm not sayng he isn't a damn good fighter but he is not great from what i see. Rashad is basically a good wrestler, with KO power and is pretty elusive. He's a terrible starter, takes him forever to get going, we don't know much about his conditioning yet and he hasn't beat enough top guys IMO.. He's likely fighting Page, if he KO's Page, who is maybe on his way to being the best 205er of all time, i will give the man his due..

Rant over..
    i feel the same way, hes got scary knockout power but forrest was winning until that point.

Post Count
    Dana

"I don't want to get into numbers too much—that's our policy. But it crushed it. I'll say this: The Christmas show crushed the Lesnar fight by 150,000-175,000 buys."
    If this is true...wow

Seeking the quiet mind desflood's Avatar
    Post Count
    Wow is right, that's pretty big.

I expect the numbers for Rush/Penn are going to be similar.

Post Count
    I think the key to big numbers is having multiple mega-fights. That show had 3 huge matchups.

Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    Post Count
    yea it was so big we actually planned an event and ordered it. usually i stream online or wait until after the event is over but 92 was just too huge in terms of matchups.

Thread Information