Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    Last Card of the year might be the best one of the year..

Main card

Light Heavyweight Championship bout: Forrest Griffin vs. Rashad Evans
    Heavyweight Championship bout: Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Frank Mir
    Light Heavyweight bout: Quinton Jackson vs. Wanderlei Silva
    Middleweight bout: C.B. Dollaway vs. Mike Massenzio
    Heavyweight bout: Cheick Kongo vs. Mustafa Al Turk

Preliminary card

Middleweight bout: Yushin Okami vs. Dean Lister
    Heavyweight bout: Antoni Hardonk vs. Mark Burch
    Light Heavyweight bout: Matt Hamill vs. Reese Andy
    Welterweight bout: Brad Blackburn vs. Ryo Chonan
    Heavyweight bout: Dan Evensen vs. Pat Barry

Seeking the quiet mind desflood's Avatar
    Post Count
    And only four weeks early

Post Count
    ^^

Lots of great fights to talk about though, bigger cards should get the early treatment, no???

Post Count
    It is an excellent card. And admittedly, Griffin/Evans alone is worth a week of debate.

Post Count
    It is an excellent card. And admittedly, Griffin/Evans alone is worth a week of debate.
    Forrest better win that fight, Evans is not big time. Guy threw a hail mary from heaven right hand that landed right on the button in the Chuck fight. Before that he looked awful against Bisping and o. Forrest is more well rounded, he should take this one..

Cant wait for this fight!!!

WEC this week, UFC fight night next week, then the Ultimate Finale and then this card. Going to be a sweet MMA month for us. Merry Xmas!!

Post Count
    How do you see Evans winning? I think he's gotta Ko Forrest and Rampage didn't so..

How do you see Evans winning? I think he's gotta Ko Forrest and Rampage didn't so..
    KO. IMO I dont think Rampage got Forest with a clean knockout punch and its only a matter of time that he gets knocked out. I think Evans hits a little harder than Rampage too and even though forest has a tough chin, it wont be tough enough.

Post Count
    KO. IMO I dont think Rampage got Forest with a clean knockout punch and its only a matter of time that he gets knocked out. I think Evans hits a little harder than Rampage too and even though forest has a tough chin, it wont be tough enough.
    Interesting but i doubt it.. Lets not forget Forrest has looked damn good against 2 of the best 205 pd guys on the planet in his last 2 fights. Rashad lost rd 1 against Chuck and just landed a hail mary punch. He couldn't get Chuck down, he got outwrestled by o and we all know how o fared against Chuck in 2 fights.. Got a split decision against Bisping, who is now at 185. Forrest is more well rounded. I like his length, movement and tight ground game to win the fight for him. I see him winning a fairly easy decision. Evans will be chasing him looking for a bomb and i doubt it will be there.

Interesting but i doubt it.. Lets not forget Forrest has looked damn good against 2 of the best 205 pd guys on the planet in his last 2 fights. Rashad lost rd 1 against Chuck and just landed a hail mary punch. He couldn't get Chuck down, he got outwrestled by o and we all know how o fared against Chuck in 2 fights.. Got a split decision against Bisping, who is now at 185. Forrest is more well rounded. I like his length, movement and tight ground game to win the fight for him. I see him winning a fairly easy decision. Evans will be chasing him looking for a bomb and i doubt it will be there.
    Those guys that throw bombs are dangerous though. Dont get me wrong I like Forest and his work ethic and he has gotten better when he stopped going toe to toe with these guys but I see him getting KO'ed or TKO'ed.

Post Count
    Hmm... Rashad has good wrestling, but Forrest has always had a good ground game that he just never utilizes. And Forrest trains with Randy of course, so he'll have some wrestling experience on top of his bjj. Griffin gets ground advantage.

Rashad has more power and better head movement, but Forrest's boxing has much improved and he definitely has reach. But he enjoys getting hit and making things "exciting" too much for his own good (although he has reined in that impulse better in his last couple of fights). Standing advantage - tie.

Others - Nobody has more heart or a bigger compe ive edge than Forrest. NOBODY. But he fights emotionally. Rashad can be "boring" at times, but that proves him to be the more cautious, cerebral fighter. And don't let his laid-back at ude in the cage fool you; he wants that le. He thinks he's already earned it. Mental edge to Rashad.

All IMHO, of course.

Post Count
    Those guys that throw bombs are dangerous though. Dont get me wrong I like Forest and his work ethic and he has gotten better when he stopped going toe to toe with these guys but I see him getting KO'ed or TKO'ed.
    They are dangerous, but i don't believe Evans has the stand up to KO him. I don't know if you remember the o fight but Rashad was outstruck significantly by o in the first 2 rds of that fight. Bisping at times as well in their fight. Rampage is twice the striker that o and Bisping are and he chased Forrest around for 25 min, not able to get rid of him. I might be wrong but i actually think this is a fairly easy fight for Forrest.. Dude's got conditioning for days, insane heart and gets better with every fight..

this place has been dead, nice to debate a little again, where the is Evan and Leonard??

Post Count
    I think Evan vaguely mentioned a work project that will take him away for a while. As for Leonard, you know he's not going to show up to speak with us peons without his royal mouthpiece

They are dangerous, but i don't believe Evans has the stand up to KO him. I don't know if you remember the o fight but Rashad was outstruck significantly by o in the first 2 rds of that fight. Bisping at times as well in their fight. Rampage is twice the striker that o and Bisping are and he chased Forrest around for 25 min, not able to get rid of him. I might be wrong but i actually think this is a fairly easy fight for Forrest.. Dude's got conditioning for days, insane heart and gets better with every fight..

this place has been dead, nice to debate a little again, where the is Evan and Leonard??
    I still believe Rampage beat forest though. I think Rashad will get lucky and knock him out but if it goes the distance Forest has it.

Post Count
    Main card

Light Heavyweight Championship Forrest Griffin vs. Rashad Evans
    Heavyweight Championship Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Frank Mir

Not sure about the others yet.. Wandy and Page is a tough one to call

Post Count
    I think Evan vaguely mentioned a work project that will take him away for a while. As for Leonard, you know he's not going to show up to speak with us peons without his royal mouthpiece
    I think Evan is still pissed at me since we argued about Dana White recently..

Main card

Light Heavyweight Championship Forrest Griffin vs. Rashad Evans
    Heavyweight Championship Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Frank Mir

Not sure about the others yet.. Wandy and Page is a tough one to call
    Rampage will destroy Silva and then get his rematch or matchup against Evans to reclaim the Gold and my top 3 fighters will be on top ..........BROCK, ARLOVSKI, RAMPAGE

Post Count
    I still believe Rampage beat forest though. I think Rashad will get lucky and knock him out but if it goes the distance Forest has it.
    I had that one a draw actually, i bought UFC 86 on DVD and man it was an amazing fight but had it a draw, we'll see good stuff A-train..

I think Evan is still pissed at me since we argued about Dana White recently..
    what did you argue about?? I was gone for a week if anyone noticed .

Post Count
    Rampage will destroy Silva and then get his rematch or matchup against Evans to reclaim the Gold and my top 3 fighters will be on top ..........BROCK, ARLOVSKI, RAMPAGE
    I'm leaning, Page on that one but i got 2 concerns with him

1) where is his head at since changing camps and his arrest

2) Has he put the 2 losses to Wandy behind him and is ready to finally beat him??

Post Count
    Actually, I did. I wasn't going to say anything, though, because not a soul noticed when I was gone for three this summer.

Attention .

I'm leaning, Page on that one but i got 2 concerns with him

1) where is his head at since changing camps and his arrest

2) Has he put the 2 losses to Wandy behind him and is ready to finally beat him??
    Well for #2 I think he will see that he beat chuck and chuck beat Wandy so that should help him. When was the last time they fought? Wandy is getting up there in age and has lost a few steps IMO. Page is going to come out with the hunger again and prove he is back after his whole ordeal.

Post Count
    No big deal we just disagreed about, Chuck maybe fighting Randy at HW and i said "Chuck must be desperate for a win to want this fight" he said "Chuck never asks for any fights, the UFc picks them all" i disagreed in the sense of how badly he has looked of late and he surely is collabarating with Dana his buddy and the UFC now.. I think i called him a Dana nut-hugger or something..

Thread Information