Orange Whip? Orange Whip? Viva Las Espuelas's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well i have this issue with my usb hub. i'm running a hacked version of xp pro. don't know if that is a contributing factor so i included that. well they are usb 2.0 hubs and every once in a while when i plug into the hub it gives me a "this device can perform faster if you update to usp 2.0" error message. the thing is they are updated to usb 2.0. sometimes i get that message sometimes i don't. the hub i have is a cheapie hub, so i don't know if that's the problem or something else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    try plugging it the hub into another USB port, try the ones at the back of case....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    try plugging it the hub into another USB port, try the ones at the back of case....
    i've don't that. even if i plug device straight into the back i get the same message.

Veteran
    My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    well i have this issue with my usb hub. i'm running a hacked version of xp pro. don't know if that is a contributing factor so i included that. well they are usb 2.0 hubs and every once in a while when i plug into the hub it gives me a "this device can perform faster if you update to usp 2.0" error message. the thing is they are updated to usb 2.0. sometimes i get that message sometimes i don't. the hub i have is a cheapie hub, so i don't know if that's the problem or something else.
    I'm running a hacked copy of XP Pro 2002 on my desktop and I get this message too. I guess it doesn't tell me to update my USB's to 2.0, but it tells me that my device can perform faster if I switch it to an available USB 2.0 port, and then it will show me a list of open ports. I've never worried about it because it's sort of rare, if I get it I just disconnect/re-connect the device and it always connects as a 2.0 device the second time around.

Incidentally, I had the same problem, running the same Windows on my laptop, but I switched to Ubuntu and so far haven't encountered the problem. That makes me think it's a glitch in XP rather than a hardware malfunction.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm running a hacked copy of XP Pro 2002 on my desktop and I get this message too. I guess it doesn't tell me to update my USB's to 2.0, but it tells me that my device can perform faster if I switch it to an available USB 2.0 port, and then it will show me a list of open ports. I've never worried about it because it's sort of rare, if I get it I just disconnect/re-connect the device and it always connects as a 2.0 device the second time around.

Incidentally, I had the same problem, running the same Windows on my laptop, but I switched to Ubuntu and so far haven't encountered the problem. That makes me think it's a glitch in XP rather than a hardware malfunction.
    i kinda thought that might be it. it could be. i'll just wait 'til windows 7 comes out to actually buy an OS.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you can always dl the usb2.0 patch....

Thread Information