Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Count
    Affliction Entertainment on Thursday announced that Renato "Babalu" Sobral will face Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou at the promotion's "Day of Reckoning" event on Jan. 24 in Anaheim, Calif.

Babalu is coming off of his fourth straight victory, a win over Bobby Southworth that crowned him the new Strikeforce light heavyweight champion. The fight will be his second start for Affliction, having defeated Mike Whitehead as part of the promotion's debut in July.

It will be Sokoudjou's debut for Affliction following a disappointing attempt to break into the Ultimate Fighting Championship's light heavyweight ranks. After knocking out two Top 10 opponents while fighting for Pride Fighting Championships, Sokoudjou went 1-2 during his UFC tenure.

After Day of Reckoning was rescheduled from an October date in Las Vegas, Babalu was being matched against No. 3 ranked middleweight Matt Lindland at a catch weight. After further consideration by the promotion and Babalu's camp, however, Lindland was put back into his original Day of Reckoning match-up against Vitor Belfort, making it possible for Babalu to be paired at his natural weight of 205 pounds with Sokoudjou.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...=7772&zoneid=3

Post Count
    Could be a sleeper, hopefully not. Tough fight but I think Soku wins this if his cardio is there and he keeps it standing.

Post Count
    Babalu is going to kick his ass.

It will be Sokoudjou's debut for Affliction following a disappointing attempt to break into the Ultimate Fighting Championship's light heavyweight ranks.

damn dana cuts fighters fast

Post Count
    Soku hasn't shown any mental toughness so far. Babalu is a very tough Vet fighter..

I never could play Sokoudjou. I am horrible with numbers. What is Babalu though? Is it like Bejeweled? I kick ass at that game.

I got 500 on Babalu

I never could play Sokoudjou. I am horrible with numbers. What is Babalu though? Is it like Bejeweled? I kick ass at that game.
    LOL are you talking about Soduku hahahah

Off Topic I. Huslte has a boxing background like me. I think he and I should face off in a first ever ST toughman contest.

Post Count
    Off Topic I. Huslte has a boxing background like me. I think he and I should face off in a first ever ST toughman contest.

A-Train you need Anger Management..

A-Train you need Anger Management..
    LOL dude im not even angry I was just saying he and I should spar or something. I wasnt threating to kick his ass. If I was you all would know it, you have seen me call out some of these posters. Huslte is ok in my book.

Post Count
    LOL dude im not even angry I was just saying he and I should spar or something. I wasnt threating to kick his ass. If I was you all would know it, you have seen me call out some of these posters. Huslte is ok in my book.
    A-Train you know your cool in my book, i know you were messing around, i was completely in with you..

A-Train you know your cool in my book, i know you were messing around, i was completely in with you..
    Yeah I know. Its funny cause everyone on this board thinks I have a shorter fuse than Ed Herman haha. Everyone also says I have roid rage, hahah im not even sure where that started.

Post Count
    Yeah I know. Its funny cause everyone on this board thinks I have a shorter fuse than Ed Herman haha.
    I hope you fight better than Ed Herman..

I hope you fight better than Ed Herman..
    TRUST me I do hahaha. I just wanted to use the short fuse reference hahaha.

Post Count
    TRUST me I do hahaha. I just wanted to use the short fuse reference hahaha.
    He along with Kendall actually turned into one of the bigger TUF dissapointments, who would you say was the biggest post-TUF dissapointment??

He along with Kendall actually turned into one of the bigger TUF dissapointments, who would you say was the biggest post-TUF dissapointment??
    I would say Kendall but lately Nightmare hasnt been much of a nightmare for anyone.

Hopefully Sokoudjou gets his ass kicked. I can't answer why I don't like him but I just don't.

Hopefully Sokoudjou gets his ass kicked. I can't answer why I don't like him but I just don't.
    lol he probably will he sucks

Post Count
    I would say Kendall but lately Nightmare hasnt been much of a nightmare for anyone.
    Kendall actually showed the most improvement on the show from start to finish but after he won a few fights post-TUF, he got exposed for having a glass chin.

Kendall actually showed the most improvement on the show from start to finish but after he won a few fights post-TUF, he got exposed for having a glass chin.
    Yeah I feel bad for him, I liked and still like him. He needs new nickname though. There is only one Spider in MMA and his last name is Silva.

Post Count
    He's also freakishly skinny. He is like 6'6 fighting at 185. I don't think he could fight at 205 either, because his frame just would not put the mass on in a way that would make him much stronger IMO..

He's also freakishly skinny. He is like 6'6 fighting at 185. I don't think he could fight at 205 either, because his frame just would not put the mass on in a way that would make him much stronger IMO..
    Yeah but he had that reach, but once exposed your never the same....See Houston Alexander.

That would be badass. They could all drink and watch. I might even have access to a gym. MIGHT. It is Tony Ayala's gym on the WEST SIDE

Thread Information