coz
    sports.espn.go.com/nfl/ne...id=1605230

ESPN.com news services

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Detroit Lions running back James Stewart separated his right shoulder in the first quarter of Thursday night's preseason game against the Buffalo Bills.

It was not determined how long he will be out.

Also during Thursday's game, Lions linebacker Brian Williams dislocated his left shoulder and left the game.

Stewart, who led the Lions with 1,021 yards rushing last season, was hurt when he was hit at the line of scrimmage by Bills safety Coy Wire and then tackled from behind by three other defenders.

Stewart lay on the field for several minutes as Lions trainers tended to his right shoulder. He then gingerly held out his hurt arm as he was led off the field and taken to the locker room for further evaluation.

The injury occurred during the Lions' second series of the game. Stewart had 27 yards rushing on seven carries and one catch for 12 yards before getting hurt.

The series probably would have been Stewart's last of the game.

The Lions have no proven backups at running back. Detroit entered the preseason with Shawn Bryson, Avon Cobourne and Autry Denson competing for the backup position.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Might seriously affect someone's backup RB. Hopefully nobody is counting on this guy to start. Problem with Detroit is that now they are going to be platooning the RB position, there was really nobody on that team to handcuff Stewart.

SAmikeyp
    yeah in one league he is my backup....guess I will be looking for a replacement.

coz
    Olandis Gary

SAmikeyp
    I was thinking the same thing actually.

Thread Information