Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Sinister's in the wrong here, but everyone s up when they're kids. Maybe not at 20 most of the time, but certainly this kind of isn't uncommon at 16 or 17. I don't like that everyone all of a sudden gets the idea that it's open season to come and insult the guy. Sorry mother ers like jack sommerset come on and start talking about him slitting his wrists? That's not chicken ? It's like the guy's standing on a ledge and assholes are egging him on to jump.
    You're right BB

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Miami Heat
    If he truly is suicidal, then he needs to get off the forums and go seek psychiatric help ASAP.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I believe the words of Michael Jones can put everything into perspective.
    "Back then hoes didn't want me
    Now I'm hot they all on me"
    Who?!

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Sinister's in the wrong here, but everyone s up when they're kids. Maybe not at 20 most of the time, but certainly this kind of isn't uncommon at 16 or 17. I don't like that everyone all of a sudden gets the idea that it's open season to come and insult the guy. Sorry mother ers like jack sommerset come on and start talking about him slitting his wrists? That's not chicken ? It's like the guy's standing on a ledge and assholes are egging him on to jump.
    I completely agree. The anonymity of the internet can be fun to play around with from time to time, but it doesn't change the fact that there are actual people behind the screen names.

Like several others, my guess is that Sinister is likely in need of a little perspective, and I think it's perfectly acceptable to point that out in a constructive way. However, that hasn't been the goal of every response. Lots of folks are being assholes just for the sake of being an asshole, or because there aren't any real consequences for being an asshole on a message board. Which, in my opinion, is every bit as much of a move as scratching your face.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

Like several others, my guess is that Sinister is likely in need of a little perspective, and I think it's perfectly acceptable to point that out in a constructive way.
    I believe I provided that

I believe the words of Michael Jones can put everything into perspective.
    "Back then hoes didn't want me
    Now I'm hot they all on me"
    Who?!

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    I never did anything like flip on my dad, but my dad pretty much let me go anywhere I wanted.

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    If he truly is suicidal, then he needs to get off the forums and go seek psychiatric help ASAP.
    I have no idea whether or not he's suicidal, or even close, so I'm not making any predictions or assumptions in that regard.

I would point out, though, that people who are suicidal often aren't thinking rationally enough to recognize that they want/need help. Why take the chance of acting like a jerk? What do you gain from doing so? A couple laughs? Big whoop. You might think that taking such extreme action over something said to you online is silly, and I'd be inclined to agree, but it doesn't mean that it hasn't happened before.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I never did anything like flip on my dad, but my dad pretty much let me go anywhere I wanted.
    That is why you are the winner that you are today.

j/k

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    He was definitely in the wrong, but at the same time it's hard to get on him for what he said when his parents are sitting there calling him a cancer and telling him he needs his ass kicked. Child or adult it makes no difference...

Calling people names and insulting them just because you disagree with them isn't right.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    He was definitely in the wrong, but at the same time it's hard to get on him for what he said when his parents are sitting there calling him a cancer and telling him he needs his ass kicked. Child or adult it makes no difference...

Calling people names and insulting them just because you disagree with them isn't right.
    Exactly. What's being overlooked is that immaturity is immaturity, parent or child. You expect the child to act childish, not the parent.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Anyways, Sinister, if you're reading, try to make up with your family. Maybe waiting a couple of days to let things cool down is ok, but it's almost always a bad idea to make life-changing decisions when you're emotional. You might get lucky and really find that one woman/man who'll be dedicated to you, but no one else will really give a , except your family. It's a cold world and no one can afford cut off the people who are almost certain to be his best allies. People say they don't mean when they're pissed, and alot of the time you're going to have to sack up and be the better man.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Houston Rockets
    Just for the record I think the whole family is ed up. The 20 year old is a ing freak though. When I read that part of scratching his face up I laughed because that is crazy. Then I started to think "what kind of help is this kid going to get" I am thinking years of the head doctor and meds. You just don't start hurting yourself over moms car. Anyways he will not get the help he probably needs. So I am guessing this freak will either kill himself but more likely hurt someone else. I am reading ALOT into this but I can't get past the whole scratching himself up to the point he bleeds. No reason for that. Crazy folks do that. Being a internet board, predicting the unpredictable, I am guessing he will not get any help and hurt someone real bad. Either himself or someone else. Regardless that is a ed up story. One that I actually believe though. Probably wrong there too.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    That is why you are the winner that you are today.

j/k

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

OK, lemme get this straight...

1) This little got lives in his parents basement.
    2) His parents give him his own car to drive.
    3) He took his Mothers van without permission. He still doesn't understand why that might bother them.
    4) When his mother asked for the keys to the car they give him drive he refused.
    5) He told his mother to shut the up.
    6) When his father interceded he shoved him.
    5) Then this badass parent abuser runs out of the house screaming, scratching his face, probably bawling like a baby and has to be restrained by a GIRL to "keep him from hurting himself".

*sigh*

WTF???...No wonder this country is going to ...
    lol. pretty dman good assessment.

Bull . This is mob mentality at its finest. Everyone wants to come kick this guy when he's down.
    refer to above quoted post. all said and done an attention trying to get more attention.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Just for the record I think the whole family is ed up. The 20 year old is a ing freak though. When I read that part of scratching his face up I laughed because that is crazy. Then I started to think "what kind of help is this kid going to get" I am thinking years of the head doctor and meds. You just don't start hurting yourself over moms car. Anyways he will not get the help he probably needs. So I am guessing this freak will either kill himself but more likely hurt someone else. I am reading ALOT into this but I can't get past the whole scratching himself up to the point he bleeds. No reason for that. Crazy folks do that. Being a internet board, predicting the unpredictable, I am guessing he will not get any help and hurt someone real bad. Either himself or someone else. Regardless that is a ed up story. One that I actually believe though. Probably wrong there too.
    yeah i remember seguspur starting a thread about how someone tried to kill themself by walking in front of his car, or a car near him. i can see that person starting out much teh same way sinister is.

for what its worht though, i do agree with what some are saying. family is all that matters. im only 26 and have a way better relationship with my parents and family than i ever could have dreamed at 20.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Dude just needs to enroll at Virginia Tech. What could possibly go wrong?

Win. Whatever it Takes Whisky Dog's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Dude just needs to enroll at Virginia Tech. What could possibly go wrong?
    He's Asian?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I got halfway thru the OP, and I thought this must be a joke, so I looked down at the bottom of the post expecting to read about the cab driving up...

but no....

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Duke Blue Devils
    Lot's of hardasses in this thread. Sure the scratching your face and throwing a tantrum part is ing re ed, but you guys are never telling me you've never gotten pushed to the edge? Never been in a shouting match with your parents? Please. I'm going to go ahead and give him the best advice so far, MS it doesn't sound like your parents actually kicked you out of the house, they were just frustrated. Go back and make peace, and ask next time before you borrow the car.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Remember we are only getting one side of the story.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Miami Heat
    I think we can all agree that we have learned something in this thread.

baseline bum also scratched his face and ran out of the house crying when he abused his parents at one time in his life.

;p

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    so, did he ever come back in and tell us what happened? maybe he moved back in and his parents took away his computer priviledges!

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    I don't like that everyone all of a sudden gets the idea that it's open season to come and insult the guy. Sorry mother ers like jack sommerset come on and start talking about him slitting his wrists? That's not chicken ? It's like the guy's standing on a ledge and assholes are egging him on to jump.
    I agree with some of this, but he's posting this on an internet message board, what does he expect? He's getting called a pussy emo got for acting like, well, a pussy emo got. Telling him to kill himself and whatnot is over the line I guess, and yeah the dogpiling is definitely a bit much, but what did he expect?

And from my experience of reading MisterSinister/Shagia, he seems intelligent enough to not take anything said on SpursTalk too seriously.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    College
    Oregon State Beavers
    Remember we are only getting one side of the story.

Name
    Christy
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I completely agree. The anonymity of the internet can be fun to play around with from time to time, but it doesn't change the fact that there are actual people behind the screen names.

Like several others, my guess is that Sinister is likely in need of a little perspective, and I think it's perfectly acceptable to point that out in a constructive way. However, that hasn't been the goal of every response. Lots of folks are being assholes just for the sake of being an asshole, or because there aren't any real consequences for being an asshole on a message board. Which, in my opinion, is every bit as much of a move as scratching your face.
    I'm not entirely sure if I am included in this, but I'll go a head and rephrase whatever I've said in this thread so how I feel about the whole scenerio is pretty clear:

I wish both of my parents weren't dead so I could have the opportunity to completely disrespect them in their own house, the house that they are kind enough to let my adult ass still live in, and then come and cry to an internet message board so all of the amateur psychologists can make a mountain out of nothing but a king-sized temper tantrum.

He has no clue what feeling all alone is, or being emotionally insecure and God knows whatever else until he no longer has his parents, so my constructive advice? Try having a little more respect for the people that have wiped your ty ass when no one else would, and apparently still do, and to THINK before you open your mouth. Your 18 years are up, so everything your're getting from them now is just a bonus ... how about appreciating that a little more?

Did his mom over-react? Maybe ... but her reaction would indicate to me that that wasn't an isolatated incident, but something that's been stewing for quite some time now. But, we don't have both sides of the story, so who knows.
    Last edited by SpursWoman; 02-10-2009 at 08:32 AM.

Thread Information