Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I don't usually make threads like this, so...I dunno. Yeah. So, my girlfriend and two of our friends are at my house, we're in the basement playing Guitar Hero, and we decide, "O hai, let's go get some caffeine!" So, I offer to drive, offering my mom's minivan on the grounds that it can comfortably seat the most people. I barely have the van out the driveway when my mom calls and screams at me, "Get the van back in the garage right now, god damn you, etc etc." So, I do, then she demands the keys to my car, I refuse, and she drags me upstairs so my dad can join in the yelling at me. Keep in mind, my mother also threatened to "kick my ass" over the phone. So, I go upstairs, and I admit, point blank, in clear wording, that I made a mistake, that I wasn't thinking, and I apologized. Not good enough. So, as I'm trying to talk, my mom keeps cutting me off, prompting me to tell her, "No, you shut the up and let me talk." My father responds with that admonitory finger...thing, and I lose it. I grab my dad's finger and push him back. He yells at me, "Get out of the house, get out of the house, get out of the house." So, I start down the stairs, and my parents are still yelling at me. I respond simply, "No, I'm getting out of the house." I run outside, slam the door and *scream* " !" as loud as I can, and scratch my own face up to , actually drawing a little blood. So, we pile into my friend's car, we go to Wal-Mart, and the whole time, my girlfriend's holding both my hands to keep me from hurting myself again. We get our , and head back to my house to pick stuff up, because A) one of my friends has a laptop and a guitar at my house and B) I'm not staying in that house tonight. So, I grab some clothes, work clothes, and some other stuff, and head down the stairs. My parents both try to dissuade me, unsuccessfully, and I'm about a 10 minute walk away at another friend's house.

Which leaves me with no set-in-stone safe place to go to for the next few days, because apparently when my father said "Get out of the house," he meant "Get out of the house until you calm down." Either way, I'm probably going to be crashing from place to place for a while, all without a set of wheels of my own. The only bright side, is that one of the people who was present for this tonight, told me his dad is going to rent a second house behind theirs once it's finished, something I have offered to do, because I now know for sure I need out of the house in which, a week ago, my dad compared me to cancer. I suppose I want to ask you to pray for me, but in my current mental state, I don't think I deserve it. At the very least, it can do me no harm.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    First of all, please don't react to bad things by hurting yourself. A lot of bad things are going to happen in your life (worse than fighting with your parents over taking the car). I know that a lot of people make 'emo' jokes here and I expect that in this thread, but you really need to love yourself enough not to hurt yourself.

Secondly, your relationship with your parents doesn't sound very healthy if your mom is threatening to kick your ass and your dad is calling you a cancer. I'm not sure of the history of the whole situation and I'm not a psychologist (and I'm guessing you have said your fair share of not very nice things too) but that's not really acceptable. I don't know if you need to just have a big family meeting after this all calms down for a couple days, or maybe you need family counseling. But you all need to get rid of all that anger and rage. Life is too short to fight all the time.

One day, you won't have your parents, then you'll look back at these days and say, , why were spending all that time fighting over nothing? I suggest you just take time out to relax and get your head straight, then try to have a big talk with both your parents (without fighting) about the roots of the issues. Be a man and own up to the things you did wrong and take the necessary steps to maintain the peace in the future

Good luck. And please don't do damage to yourself. You gotta love yourself more than that.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Air Force Falcons
    First of all, please don't react to bad things by hurting yourself. A lot of bad things are going to happen in your life (worse than fighting with your parents over taking the car). I know that a lot of people make 'emo' jokes here and I expect that in this thread, but you really need to love yourself enough not to hurt yourself.

Secondly, your relationship with your parents doesn't sound very healthy if your mom is threatening to kick your ass and your dad is calling you a cancer. I'm not sure of the history of the whole situation and I'm not a psychologist (and I'm guessing you have said your fair share of not very nice things too) but that's not really acceptable. I don't know if you need to just have a big family meeting after this all calms down for a couple days, or maybe you need family counseling. But you all need to get rid of all that anger and rage. Life is too short to fight all the time.

One day, you won't have your parents, then you'll look back at these days and say, , why were spending all that time fighting over nothing? I suggest you just take time out to relax and get your head straight, then try to have a big talk with both your parents (without fighting) about the roots of the issues. Be a man and own up to the things you did wrong and take the necessary steps to maintain the peace in the future

Good luck. And please don't do damage to yourself. You gotta love yourself more than that.

Crash somewhere tonight but go back and iron things out with your parents tomorrow. You will all be calmed down and even if it may be awkward at first, you don't want to turn into a nomad overnight. You can eventually move out, obviously, but that's not the way to go out.

But yeah, get back there tomorrow and start straightening things out. Staying away out of spite and anger will just make things worse ... and will actually lengthen the time it takes to legitimately move out.

Name
    Danny T
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    real talk if you need something pm me....I cant say I can give you a place to stay but maybe I can help you out some way,,,,like its been said calm your hormones and breathe....to this day I remember screamin I hate you to my moms and regret every second of it...kep your hands off of yourself get high some how and relax....

Name
    Danny T
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Crash somewhere tonight but go back and iron things out with your parents tomorrow. You will all be calmed down and even if it may be awkward at first, you don't want to turn into a nomad overnight. You can eventually move out, obviously, but that's not the way to go out.

But yeah, get back there tomorrow and start straightening things out. Staying away out of spite and anger will just make things worse ... and will actually lengthen the time it takes to legitimately move out.
    and dont let your pride get in the way...its the biggest to swallow but do it...youre better than that...seriously PM if need be

I just got home from a bunch of fake ass' wanting to fight over some dumb . one cat goes to the trunk pulls a tech nine and then puts it away...whats the point...if you aint gonna bite dont bark.....and talking to your moms and pops aint what you wanna do

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    You should go back home and talk to your parents. THey're not always going to be right and they're going to lose their cool too, so in the end its best to just learn to deal with it. No one gets to choose your parents, and sometimes you get a set that fit you like a glove and sometimes you get a pair that take a lot of work to find a groove with.

Name
    Adam Rabel
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    St. Mary's Rattlers
    dont be a dumbass stupid kid.

crash wherever tonight, then go back and fix things with you parents. And expect some type of ' ' to pay for taking the van.

like everyone has already told you.

Name
    Jess
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Michigan Wolverines
    Parents can have the best intentions and still lose it when provoked on top of all of the stresses of having a teenager - I talked to my parents about this kind of stuff after I moved out and they tried to explain some of the decisions they made for me that weren't the best things for me at the time. Stick it out with your parents - it's worth it to try and salvage the relationship while you're young and things haven't had the chance to fester.

Spurs, Colts, Cowboys, and Irish SpursFanFirst's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Notre Dame Fighting Irish
    I echo the comments of everyone here.
    Unfortunately, being a teenager and fighting with your parents go hand in hand.

Once everyone has had a chance to calm down, get together and talk things through.
    Things were said in the heat of the moment. It's bound to happen.

But they're your parents, and they love you.
    Don't damage that relationship, and by all means, don't hurt yourself over this.

Stay strong!

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You're emo, get over it. Don't tell your mom to STFU or push your dad.. he should of just beat your face in for that but I can tell they love you cause they wanted you to stay.

You're going to have WAY more problems than this in your life, don't mess up your face to bad.

Your father should have beat the living out of you. If you were not white and any other color, your ass would have been beat to by both parents. Where the are your manners young man. Let them yell at you and then afterwards tell them you dont appreciate it, act like a man and not like a 4 year old. Scratching yourself up? Grow up.

Sorry I am being blunt, but you need to realize the you are doing. You will have so many more problems in life than this .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Houston Rockets
    How old is this guy,perhaps its time to move out.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    How old is this kid is the exact question. Sounds to me he may be a little bit on the immature side. Maybe it's time to grow up and move out of mom and dads basement? Calling yourself Mister conotates that your a man but it seems your anything but. Pushing your parents, running out the door screaming at the top of your lungs, scratching yourself all up, most possibly crying like a little girl with snot bubbling out of your nose? Get a life and be a man. You should be ashamed of yourself. And your girlfriend witnessed all this? And she is still with you?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    How old is this kid is the exact question. Sounds to me he may be a little bit on the immature side. Maybe it's time to grow up and move out of mom and dads basement? Calling yourself Mister conotates that your a man but it seems your anything but. Pushing your parents, running out the door screaming at the top of your lungs, scratching yourself all up, most possibly crying like a little girl with snot bubbling out of your nose? Get a life and be a man. You should be ashamed of yourself. And your girlfriend witnessed all this? And she is still with you?

Where Everything Happens The Franchise's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Houston Rockets
    College
    Michigan Wolverines
    I think part of the problem is you don't respect your parents. Look at it from there perspective. You tried to take the van without permission and I'm willing to wager when you said you made a mistake it wasn't in a humble fashion. Telling your mom STFU was very harsh. Had I done something similar my dad wouldn't have pointed at me, he would have knocked me the out. Scratching yourself up was a definite sign of immaturity. If you are an adult it may be time to move anyway. You can't expect your parents to take care of you and also allow you to do anything you want to under their roof can you?

Govt, stay away!
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Alabama Crimson Tide
    The Franchise and Kori and TIMVP are spot on.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    College
    Oregon State Beavers
    You are an emo wuss. If you are on meds you should stop taking them.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Certainly sounds like an issue of respect to me. I'd bet that the problems had been building up and taking the van without permission was the cliched straw that broke the camels back.

If you're 18 or older, understand that you're past the point where your parents get to solely provide for you while you around with your buddies.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I don't usually make threads like this, so...I dunno. Yeah. So, my girlfriend and two of our friends are at my house, we're in the basement playing Guitar Hero, and we decide, "O hai, let's go get some caffeine!" So, I offer to drive, offering my mom's minivan on the grounds that it can comfortably seat the most people. I barely have the van out the driveway when my mom calls and screams at me, "Get the van back in the garage right now, god damn you, etc etc." So, I do, then she demands the keys to my car, I refuse, and she drags me upstairs so my dad can join in the yelling at me. Keep in mind, my mother also threatened to "kick my ass" over the phone. So, I go upstairs, and I admit, point blank, in clear wording, that I made a mistake, that I wasn't thinking, and I apologized. Not good enough. So, as I'm trying to talk, my mom keeps cutting me off, prompting me to tell her, "No, you shut the up and let me talk." My father responds with that admonitory finger...thing, and I lose it. I grab my dad's finger and push him back. He yells at me, "Get out of the house, get out of the house, get out of the house." So, I start down the stairs, and my parents are still yelling at me. I respond simply, "No, I'm getting out of the house." I run outside, slam the door and *scream* " !" as loud as I can, and scratch my own face up to , actually drawing a little blood. So, we pile into my friend's car, we go to Wal-Mart, and the whole time, my girlfriend's holding both my hands to keep me from hurting myself again. We get our , and head back to my house to pick stuff up, because A) one of my friends has a laptop and a guitar at my house and B) I'm not staying in that house tonight. So, I grab some clothes, work clothes, and some other stuff, and head down the stairs. My parents both try to dissuade me, unsuccessfully, and I'm about a 10 minute walk away at another friend's house.

Which leaves me with no set-in-stone safe place to go to for the next few days, because apparently when my father said "Get out of the house," he meant "Get out of the house until you calm down." Either way, I'm probably going to be crashing from place to place for a while, all without a set of wheels of my own. The only bright side, is that one of the people who was present for this tonight, told me his dad is going to rent a second house behind theirs once it's finished, something I have offered to do, because I now know for sure I need out of the house in which, a week ago, my dad compared me to cancer. I suppose I want to ask you to pray for me, but in my current mental state, I don't think I deserve it. At the very least, it can do me no harm.
    Admittedly, I don't know jack about you or your fam, but it sounds like you're a pack of drama queens. Dad calling you a cancer, you and mom yelling at each other, parents trying to ''dissuade'' you from leaving after telling you to get out, et cetera. But the only real harm here was done by yourself to yourself unless you pulled your pop's finger out of socket. Everything else was just words.

I bet you can roll back into your 'rents house today and besides a couple hours of the silent treatment, they're going to be more concerned about you scratching yourself up than the late night argument.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Miami Heat
    wow you are one dumb turd minister.

1) the car isn't yours. ASK PERMISSION dumbass. you don't just TAKE IT just cause it's your mother. yes your mother acts crazy sometimes, but you have to make sure you aren't to blame. if she acts crazy on you, make sure you are innocent. in this case, you are guilty.

2) pushing your father? really? VIOLENCE AGAINST YOUR PARENT?S?!??!!??! you moron. you are so far behind the curve, you have A LOT TO LEARN. DO NOT EVER PUT YOUR HANDS ON YOUR PARENTS. EVER.

the good news is they are your parents and they love you. you can fix it, but you need some growing up to do. if are you going to even grab food that isn't yours, ASK YOUR MOTHER PERMISSION from now on.

"Mom/Mother, can I have some of this lasagna?" etc.

You will see how that will work wonders. Incorporate that into everything with your parents.

there is more advice but I didn't feel like reading the parts about hurting yourself. that is dumb. don't do it.
    Last edited by MiamiHeat; 02-08-2009 at 12:39 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    haha what an emo loser. scratching your face and having to have your girlfriend hold your hands so you dont scratch it more? really? i hope you dont own any guns.

what kind of car do you have that you cant fit four people in it?

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Utah Jazz
    College
    Alabama Crimson Tide
    2.5 Questions:
    Have you ever used in a derogatory way, unto your parents, before this incident? Or shown them that much anger?

Do you smoke weed yet?

And to all the people ripping on sinister, chill. To me, he sounds like a typically pissed off teenager, with typically pissed off parents.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    College
    Oregon State Beavers
    2.5 Questions:
    Have you ever used in a derogatory way, unto your parents, before this incident? Or shown them that much anger?

Do you smoke weed yet?

And to all the people ripping on sinister, chill. To me, he sounds like a typically pissed off teenager, with typically pissed off parents.
    Do typical teenagers scratch up their own face? That's emo. I wonder if he's a "cutter" too?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    To me, he sounds like a typically pissed off teenager, with typically pissed off parents.
    I can agree with that. Neither side knows how to handle each other.

edit: the guy's profile says he's 20. I don't know what to say.
    Last edited by j-6; 02-08-2009 at 01:00 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So this all started because you took the van? Did you not ask before you took it? I'm lost that seemed too much just for you taking the van.

Where Everything Happens The Franchise's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Houston Rockets
    College
    Michigan Wolverines
    I can agree with that. Neither side knows how to handle each other.

edit: the guy's profile says he's 20. I don't know what to say.
    I do. It's time to move out and make your own way. Apologize to your parents to smooth things over, but it is still time for you to move and support yourself. When you are the king of your own castle a lot of the things your parents are saying will make a lot more sense. It's time you grew up.

Thread Information