Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Well, it's happened in the past year even despite of COVID killing jobs... basically a year of nothing but stagflation. Both GOP/Dems at fault, but the blame is largely tilting toward the Dems as they have all 3 chambers in power now. And the government refuses to raise interest rates to protect consumers from this large-scale inflation that's been going on due to all this bull stimulus and borrowing due to ZIRP. Meanwhile people are still out of work and underemployed due to the plandemic.
    large-scale inflation

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Every time I might give you any credit for at least trying to do critical thinking, you go and do this .

"plandemic" = the worst conspiracy theory garbage.

Why do you believe stupid like that?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Shortage on new constructions is definitely an issue, builders need to start doing their jobs properly with proper velocity, tbh
    That handles supply tho.

What about demand? Can't really consider one in isolation from the other.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    That handles supply tho.

What about demand? Can't really consider one in isolation from the other.

Supply can be handled by

-Banks foreclosing now instead of being pussies with the COVID forbearance crap. Either pay your mortgage or GTFO the home you signed a contract to pay every month regardless of cir stances
    -Build more houses for crying out loud

Demand can be curbed by

-jacking up interest rates to a more reasonable, long term mean rate, on par with what was in the 1990s
    -increasing standards, FICO minimums, down payment % requirements, more regulation etc. on new mortgage applications. More strict standards. I wouldn't mind doing away with the FHA loans and making 20% minimum down payment federal law.

Needs to be handled with both supply and demand intervention. Homes should be a fair price, at least under 100/sqft for a decent suburban area. Buyers (responsible mortgagees and cash buyers) deserve a chance.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    large-scale inflation
    Well the days of $1.xx milk and gas gallons are gone. We're back to middle-Obama era price standards.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    My old friend from 2016- just made 34k in GME stock on his 401k in the last 2 months. So apparently he won't have to pay capital gains tax since he isn't withdrawing it and he says he'll only pay tax on it when he's 59.5 years old (if he lives that long, a big if)

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Well the days of $1.xx milk and gas gallons are gone. We're back to middle-Obama era price standards.
    not understanding supply/demand.

"democrats mean gas is suddenly more expensive, durr dee durr"

You sound like an idiot when you say things like that, you know this, right?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Supply can be handled by

-Banks foreclosing now instead of being pussies with the COVID forbearance crap. Either pay your mortgage or GTFO the home you signed a contract to pay every month regardless of cir stances
    -Build more houses for crying out loud

Demand can be curbed by

-jacking up interest rates to a more reasonable, long term mean rate, on par with what was in the 1990s
    -increasing standards, FICO minimums, down payment % requirements, more regulation etc. on new mortgage applications. More strict standards. I wouldn't mind doing away with the FHA loans and making 20% minimum down payment federal law.

Needs to be handled with both supply and demand intervention. Homes should be a fair price, at least under 100/sqft for a decent suburban area. Buyers (responsible mortgagees and cash buyers) deserve a chance.
    1990s era interest rates for a slower growing, aging population are stupid.

Spending/saving profiles change as populations age.

Your concept here assumes "nothing underlying the economy changed since 1990s", and that is absolutely not the case.

Further, you are missing how inefficient our economy is when it comes to health-care.

The US is in a nasty spiral where the efficient, well-working parts of our economy are going to be crowded out by healthcare spending which is horribly wasteful and stupid.

Long-term I would bet on europe for that reasons. Their tax+healthcare spending is lower.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Even better than Europe in the long term, investment-wise is Africa.

Younger, healthier, more educated than many think. Asia will have to slow down their torrid pace of growth to a more settled developed world rate that matches their own aging, shrinking populations.

The US... is a -hole country, paralyzed by the worst kind of political paralysis into inaction, unable to solve its problems.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green

Your concept here assumes "nothing underlying the economy changed since 1990s", and that is absolutely not the case.

Further, you are missing how inefficient our economy is when it comes to health-care.

The US is in a nasty spiral where the efficient, well-working parts of our economy are going to be crowded out by healthcare spending which is horribly wasteful and stupid.

Long-term I would bet on europe for that reasons. Their tax+healthcare spending is lower.
    Housing prices need to go down some how some way. This rabid seller's market has gone on way too long. It needs to be cyclical. Both buyers and sellers need to have a fair chance, albeit at different times of the economic/real estate cycle. That's how it's always worked.

I do agree with you and the Democrats in general on healthcare but Obamacare was stupid. A european social healthcare system is what we need, not pandering to the greedy pig insurance companies.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Even better than Europe in the long term, investment-wise is Africa.

Younger, healthier, more educated than many think. Asia will have to slow down their torrid pace of growth to a more settled developed world rate that matches their own aging, shrinking populations.

The US... is a -hole country, paralyzed by the worst kind of political paralysis into inaction, unable to solve its problems.
    Africa is still infested with tropical diseases, wild savage humans, starvation, blood diamond wars, impoverishment, etc. Very few reasonably inhabitable weather places there, Nairobi Kenya area is one of them, South Africa is another.

The USA is a hole made possible by the two party system of death and corporatocracy

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    The 20% mandatory down payment regulation/federal ordinance would go a long way into solving the housing shortage. Too many paycheck-to-paycheck ers able to get into houses for next to nothing. And when they can't make their payments on time they always find workarounds and excuses from unemployment to COVID to cheat the system and not get foreclosed. It's bull .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Africa is still infested with tropical diseases, wild savage humans, starvation, blood diamond wars, impoverishment, etc. Very few reasonably inhabitable weather places there, Nairobi Kenya area is one of them, South Africa is another.

The USA is a hole made possible by the two party system of death and corporatocracy
    ... aaand there is the racism.

Invest based on that.

I will stick to data. Views based on reality tend to produce better decisions.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Housing prices need to go down some how some way. This rabid seller's market has gone on way too long. It needs to be cyclical. Both buyers and sellers need to have a fair chance, albeit at different times of the economic/real estate cycle. That's how it's always worked.

I do agree with you and the Democrats in general on healthcare but Obamacare was stupid. A european social healthcare system is what we need, not pandering to the greedy pig insurance companies.
    Fully agree. Our system costs more, vastly more, and is hugely inefficient at every level.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    ... aaand there is the racism.

Invest based on that.

I will stick to data. Views based on reality tend to produce better decisions.
    The wifi and cell service rate is less than 5% throughout Africa, compare that to 94% of USA coverage and 97.8% European. The average connection speed is 1.4g in Africa with a majority of the land with zero service. That's worse than the 1990s in America/Europe.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Fully agree. Our system costs more, vastly more, and is hugely inefficient at every level.
    The only worry is, with socialized medicine, will supply of medical professionals / professional care meet demand? If there is a shortage then long lines will happen. If I have to wait 3 weeks for a prescription refill or 2 months to get a CT scan on a potentially dangerous malignant cancer, that could mean the difference between life and death. Obviously lower prices and more availability drives demand up from a consumer perspective. Government will have to max out resources and incentives for healthcare professionals and cut corners elsewhere, like education (which I'm okay with).

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The wifi and cell service rate is less than 5% throughout Africa, compare that to 94% of USA coverage and 97.8% European. The average connection speed is 1.4g in Africa with a majority of the land with zero service. That's worse than the 1990s in America/Europe.
    https://www.ted.com/talks/hans_rosli...e_your_mindset

well meaning humor, that references the video:
    A chimp would probably do better than you on his test. Literally.

RIP Hans, a true great.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The only worry is, with socialized medicine, will supply of medical professionals / professional care meet demand? If there is a shortage then long lines will happen. If I have to wait 3 weeks for a prescription refill or 2 months to get a CT scan on a potentially dangerous malignant cancer, that could mean the difference between life and death. Obviously lower prices and more availability drives demand up from a consumer perspective. Government will have to max out resources and incentives for healthcare professionals and cut corners elsewhere, like education (which I'm okay with).
    (shrugs) the 28 other countries that do it seem to have no more or less problem than we do. Doctors report being happier anyways, since they don't have to chase billing and push unneeded services.

Government can do health insurance vastly cheaper than our current system.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    (shrugs) the 28 other countries that do it seem to have no more or less problem than we do. Doctors report being happier anyways, since they don't have to chase billing and push unneeded services.

Government can do health insurance vastly cheaper than our current system.
    yeah that, the insurance companies

but also what about malpractice?

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

What happens to the largest generation after 2025?

How does it affect their savings/spending profile?

How does that affect interest rates?

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Inventory on the housing market starting to creep up. Need more foreclosures. With the unemployment% you would expect more foreclosures. COVID is a sorry excuse. Interest rates going up would be a good thing.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Weird time with the the market. Lot of new investors not used to losses and extended periods time of losses. They may give up trading or ease up on the fomo plays.

The Amazon of Africa (jumia) still looks like a great long term play imo

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Weird time with the the market. Lot of new investors not used to losses and extended periods time of losses. They may give up trading or ease up on the fomo plays.

The Amazon of Africa (jumia) still looks like a great long term play imo
    Last time I checked the Dow Jones was still setting records and it's in the 33K's now. Spring is historically an upper not a downer. We might see it climb even more until around mid summer then a sharp tank.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What happens to the largest generation after 2025?

How does it affect their savings/spending profile?

How does that affect interest rates?
    After getting over my shock at what looks like an honest attempt at a conversation, I remembered you are a dishonest, evil human being, who would never answer such questions in return, and the impulse to answer your questions vanished like a fart in the wind.

Keep investing according to your politics. Please.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    After getting over my shock at what looks like an honest attempt at a conversation, I remembered you are a dishonest, evil human being, who would never answer such questions in return, and the impulse to answer your questions vanished like a fart in the wind.

Keep investing according to your politics. Please.
    Yeah you have to look at the data and historical trends not politics, but the Trump stimulus was obviously to try to get him re-elected when naturally the economy was going to fall to the bottom of the standard sinusoidal trough as it naturally should which was probably bad for Trump's re-election chances but healthy for the economy in the long term. Instead, these stimuluses (stimuli?) are going to guarantee an even worse recession in the near future. The stimuli just kicking the can down the curb, you can't simply remove that can.

Thread Information