Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    thats what people think when they don't look beyond the 3' radius of their own little world.

stick to tour guiding.
    Damn, you are a little ing . Why don't you actually bring some substance to the table instead of just throwing hand grenades. I called this last September and urged everyone that had 401K's to get the out of the stock market and into cash equivalents.

Search it if you don't believe me.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I can't believe that you guys think it has nothing to do with him.

The stock market was at 12,000 when it was clear he was about to be the next President.

It was still at 10,000 when he was officially elected President and Pelosi-Reid took over Congress.

It looked like the market had finally stabilized around 8200 when Obama officially took over power and started daily talking trillions of dollars of new spending/debt, nationalized health care, tax increases, and just outright wealth transfers and power grabs. These are scary things to rational investors and their money is doing the talking for them as they bail out of the markets.

Yeah, I know, this is all Bush's fault.
    contrary to popular belief, obama is not god, did u think that 1 month into his term, we'd be out of the recession and everything would be ok again ?

Republicans were running the country for the last 8 YEARS !
    yet no, it's not their fault, it's obama's fault

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    And you assholes think that Obama turning a democratic congress loose in his first week of office to write a trillion dollar pork bill that does NOTHING to address shoring up the financial system had NOTHING to do with this latest collapse? Are you really that stupid?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Damn, you are a little ing . Why don't you actually bring some substance to the table instead of just throwing hand grenades. I called this last September and urged everyone that had 401K's to get the out of the stock market and into cash equivalents.

Search it if you don't believe me.
    where did you get that 8200? darts?
    Damn, you are a little ing .
    who's doing the crying here?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

I will be the first to admit that Bush should have been tougher on congress years ago to tighten up on Freddie and Fannie. He took it to them and pointed out that they were totally out of control and Bawney Fwank, Nancy Pelosi, and Reid refused to admit it and refused to help rein them in. Bush still had fighting terrorism as his #1 priority and fiscal sanity at Fannie and Freddie got traded away in the process. Huge mistake on Bush's part. Criminal that Fwank, and Pelosi are still blaming him for the fiasco they had a huge part in creating.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Uhh...where did I get the 8200? That's the range +/- a few hundred it traded in for 4 months. It would drop on bad news but bounce right back. Market was really trying to establish a bottom. I didn't invent the terminology...that's what it's called.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Oklahoma Sooners
    Translation:

"I don't like Democrats, and will fully blame Obama for everything bad, and not credit him for anything good, despite any evidence to the contrary."

Well, at least we all know where you stand on any given topic. Input issue, blame/credit Democrats in any way that makes them look most bad or least good.
    like most of the people do with the rep. party

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    bush did whatever the he wanted.

oh, and his number 1 priority was a miserable failure. republicans had control of EVERYTHING, including congress.

i like the bawny fwank comment. it's a window to your character.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Oklahoma Sooners
    contrary to popular belief, obama is not god, did u think that 1 month into his term, we'd be out of the recession and everything would be ok again ?

wrong there was a republican presdent but congress for part of that time was run by the lefties

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Oklahoma Sooners
    bush did whatever the he wanted.

oh, and his number 1 priority was a miserable failure. republicans had control of EVERYTHING, including congress.

i like the bawny fwank comment. it's a window to your character.
    for a good part of bush run in office the dem had control of congress

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    @ people counting on "charts" and history to gauge the current crisis.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Obama caused AIG to be a really big hole right CC?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Obama caused AIG to be a really big hole right CC?
    Manny, AIG is indefensible for Republicans AND Democrats. em both.

Those credit swap derivatives were insane. An investment bank puts together a high yield portfolio of crap and pays AIG to "insure" the portfolio of crap so they could sell it. Now, we as taxpayers are footing the bill on this failed bet by AIG and paying those investors high yields on their portfolios of crap they bought knowing they were crap.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Manny, AIG is indefensible for Republicans AND Democrats. em both.

Those credit swap derivatives were insane. An investment bank puts together a high yield portfolio of crap and pays AIG to "insure" the portfolio of crap so they could sell it. Now, we as taxpayers are footing the bill on this failed bet by AIG and paying those investors high yields on their portfolios of crap they bought knowing they were crap.

thats not what you said. you said it was tied to obama's presidency.

thats some butthurt backpedaling.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    College
    Oregon State Beavers
    Blaming Bush for the economic crisis is no more and no less ridiculous than blaming Obama imo. The blame really lies with the twisted, amoral executives of financial ins utions.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    thats not what you said. you said it was tied to obama's presidency.

thats some butthurt backpedaling.
    off punk. In a battle of wits and knowledge you are bringing a knife to a gun fight.

I did not say that it was all related to Obama's presidency, but his reckless and random irresponsibility in proposing new social spending coupled with tax increases during a recession is doing NOTHING to reassure the markets.

If you knew ANYTHING about the current situation you would have known that that big 4th quarter write down at AIG was coming...that was part of the original deal...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    off punk. In a battle of wits and knowledge you are bringing a knife to a gun fight.

I did not say that it was all related to Obama's presidency, but his reckless and random irresponsibility in proposing new social spending coupled with tax increases during a recession is doing NOTHING to reassure the markets.

If you knew ANYTHING about the current situation you would have known that that big 4th quarter write down at AIG was coming...that was part of the original deal...
    do all pretend cowboys change the subject?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What is this pretend cowboy you keep posting?

Who the are you? Watching you urban pussies posting earlier about about your worst case survivalist plans was one of the funniest things I read all day.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    What is this pretend cowboy you keep posting?

Who the are you? Watching you urban pussies posting earlier about about your worst case survivalist plans was one of the funniest things I read all day.
    i didn't do any of that.

way to keep pressing the change in subject.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i didn't do any of that.

way to keep pressing the change in subject.
    Way to avoid a direct question. Whats this pretend cowboy you keep throwing out?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Way to avoid a direct question. Whats this pretend cowboy you keep throwing out?
    your irritation suggest there is some truth to it.

now, calm down and refresh our memories of MY survivalist plans.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    your irritation suggest there is some truth to it.

now, calm down and refresh our memories of MY survivalist plans.
    My apology. On review it was RandomGuy leading that one. He is on an equal ignorance footing with you and I confused the two. My apology.

As for my irritation concerning the cowboy references, I know what I know and I know what I do. I'm not one of those fake guys wearing hats and boots just so they can go dancing at Cowboys.

I'm not saying I'm as tough as some 1800's cowboy, but in an armageddon type financial meltdown I would say I probably have a 99% better chance of surviving with my family than all but about 50 other people on this board.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    My apology. On review it was RandomGuy leading that one. He is on an equal ignorance footing with you and I confused the two. My apology.
    thats some apology. just a cowboy shooting his mouth off?

As for my irritation concerning the cowboy references, I know what I know and I know what I do. I'm not one of those fake guys wearing hats and boots just so they can go dancing at Cowboys.
    i didn't realize this would be such a spur in your ass. my apologies.

I'm not saying I'm as tough as some 1800's cowboy, but in an armageddon type financial meltdown I would say I probably have a 99% better chance of surviving with my family than all but about 50 other people on this board.
    the first mistake is thinking you're safe.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Houston Rockets
    The markets are forward thinking.

Obama just tripled the national debt.

And you have the balls to say Obama doesn't even have just a little bit to do with this?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    College
    Oregon Ducks
    Damn. Dropping like a rock. Down 2%+ in the first 30 minutes to 6900.
    Looks like my 6,000 prediction will come sooner than I thought.

6,763.29 Down 299.64 (4.24%)

Crap. Market seems to have lost all faith in "change". I'm hearing some heavy hitter economists now talking about a bottom at 5000 or lower.
    No, they market's know that change means turning stocks into penny stocks.

Man, I predicted dow at 7,500 when it was back at 10,000.

Boy was I wrong!
    I think my 6,000 is wrong too. I had no idea this president and congress would still be working on more and more bailout packages. As long as the democrats are bent on destroying capitalism to ins ute their Marxism, the markets will keep diving.

Thread Information