Texas Tech Red Raiders
    It might hit 60 soon

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    College
    LSU Tigers
    My stocks are bloody red and my crypto is bright green.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Sounds like my underwear

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Sounds like my underwear
    Wasted opportunity for "Bend Over, I'll Show You Bloody Red and Bright Green"

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Wasted opportunity for "Bend Over, I'll Show You Bloody Red and Bright Green"
    damn. you're right

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    My Nokia stock doing good. Everything else, mehhh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    But yeah, all crypto in the bright green

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I take that back. My Bitcoin is looking red atm

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Sounds like my underwear
    Who done ed you in yo ayass?

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    BUMP

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    over -1000 for the Dow Jones today and it's not even a Monday.

Just 30 more days of this please and life would be perfect.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    DJI down 1,130 today and still falling...

CHARGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Under 31K. Down baby down!!! CHARGE!!!!!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I got crushed on my silver contract. Thought it was a safe haven for inflation, war, bad market. Don't trade what you don't know. Hopefully I'll get that one day.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I got crushed on my silver contract. Thought it was a safe haven for inflation, war, bad market. Don't trade what you don't know. Hopefully I'll get that one day.
    Lesson to be learned is: if you want precious metals, actually get the hard commodities in your possession, not contracts, stocks or bonds. All that soft is not protected for . You need to actually buy physical silver, gold, platinum etc.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Boston Celtics
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    The market is rallying back to even for the day right now but I don't really see us near a bottom yet. IMO we're still just correcting for how overheated the market was 6 months ago.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    The market is rallying back to even for the day right now but I don't really see us near a bottom yet. IMO we're still just correcting for how overheated the market was 6 months ago.
    I predict a very slow steady (not hard) decline over the summer which is peak demand and consumption / revenue season........ but then followed by a hard crash to the 15,000 range starting around late August / beginning of September, like similar time frame of year and seasonality as 14 years ago in 2008. The fact it's about to be summer will merely delay the inevitable for 3 months.

Market crash in late summer/fall '08 -> skyrocketing unemployment -> deflation -> real estate crash -> blue tsunami in Nov '08.
    Market crash in late summer/fall '22 -> skyrocketing unemployment -> deflation -> real estate crash -> red tsunami in Nov '22.

It is what it is.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Boston Celtics
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    I'd love for a real estate crash to happen so I can buy a house but I don't see it. We have a massive housing shortage right now that we didn't have 15 years ago. There might be an uptick in foreclosures but the actual values of the houses aren't going to tank the way they did in 2008.

The 2008 comparisons are flawed. We didn't have rock bottom unemployment and rising wages at this time in 2008 and the market didn't crash by 20% in early 2008 the way it did this year. IMO it's still unclear how bad this recession will be.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Lesson to be learned is: if you want precious metals, actually get the hard commodities in your possession, not contracts, stocks or bonds. All that soft is not protected for . You need to actually buy physical silver, gold, platinum etc.
    There's no leverage with buying the physical. I only had to have $12,000 or so to buy a contract covering 5000 oz. To physically buy that, I would have spent over $100,000. You're definitely right about the protection aspect. But I don't expect a total meltdown in the next few years. My contract was March 2023. And I'm not sure that if everything goes to , having physical gold or silver means much.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'd love for a real estate crash to happen so I can buy a house but I don't see it. We have a massive housing shortage right now that we didn't have 15 years ago. There might be an uptick in foreclosures but the actual values of the houses aren't going to tank the way they did in 2008.

The 2008 comparisons are flawed. We didn't have rock bottom unemployment and rising wages at this time in 2008 and the market didn't crash by 20% in early 2008 the way it did this year. IMO it's still unclear how bad this recession will be.
    IDK about a crash. But the property tax increase where I live has been brutal. It'll definitely tax people our of their homes even if they have no mortgage left to pay.
    I can't find the article but I read that some staggering % of home sales were from investment funds. I can't remember for sure but I want to say it was like 30%.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green

Don't underestimate the high level of post covid home building to meet or exceed demand to make up for the losses on revenue in 2020 and 2021 due to covid that is going on this summer. I am in close touch with people with Lennar and they are expecting record home builds this summer, nationwide.

There will be a large uptick in foreclosures due to the end of covid forbearances from the banks/lenders paired with inflation + rising unemployment and underemployment.

The actual values on houses, especially in suburban areas, in raw-dollar figure will not be as low as they were from late 2008 up to 2011 due to inflation and suburban flight and dramatic increase in remote work compared to the great recession era. But they will definitely go down by substantial amounts. Reventure Consulting is a Youtube podcast I watch that has a lot of those very detailed in depth analytics on that.

As for the rock bottom unemployment, it is largely a myth because it fails to account for discouraged workers and underemployment which are both at record highs. The rising wages are to demands especially for in-person jobs that people that got all the free covid welfare money and stimulus checks didn't want to go back to post covid especially with the mask and vax restrictions in place. So employers have had to pay a premium to get back to work which also helps amplify inflation on the consumer side because the employers have to charge customers higher prices to account for the higher wages. In addition to of course all the ruthless government spending and handouts. All that "free" money has to go somewhere.

The only way out of this large mess of horse manure is immediate large scale sequestration; contractionary economic policy on both the monetary (Fed) side as well as the fiscal (Congress) side. Cut spending, raise taxes, hike interest rates. Sure it will cause a short lived recession but if the Democrats do it now they might get enough brownie points to keep the white house and win back congress in 2024. If they don't do it now then the red team will crush them not only in 2022 but potentially even harder in 2024 as we will be all going through a long-winded deep recession / depression that will last for many years.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    IDK about a crash. But the property tax increase where I live has been brutal. It'll definitely tax people our of their homes even if they have no mortgage left to pay.
    I can't find the article but I read that some staggering % of home sales were from investment funds. I can't remember for sure but I want to say it was like 30%.
    Yup. Texas on average went up 17% on property tax year over year from 2021 to 2022. You're better off moving to a state with state income tax at this point unless your income is well into the six figures.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    10740134[/URL]]Yup. Texas on average went up 17% on property tax year over year from 2021 to 2022. You're better off moving to a state with state income tax at this point unless your income is well into the six figures.
    Ours went up about 35% for our home and 125% for property we own that one comp ed us.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Ours went up about 35% for our home and 125% for property we own that one comp ed us.
    Yeah, it's definitely up more in the north than the south half of the state.

Thread Information