College
    Texas Longhorns
    lol still works, thanks for the help
    Pleasure ...

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    I like Valentine's Day, but I don't put too much stock in it. I usually just use it as an excuse to act silly and dorky.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I usually just use it as an excuse to act silly and dorky.
    so you are saying you are serious and cool the other 364 days out of the year?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    so you are saying you are serious and cool the other 364 days out of the year?
    No. I'm pretty silly and dorky all year. The difference is that I'm silly and dorky with flowers and candies on Valentine's Day.

I put together the most awesome gifts for my friend this year, since we're both currently single.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    LOL a friend of mine is ditching his gf and coming to visit me tonight and bringing 6 girls with him. I almost feel bad for being his wingman but since i hate valentines im over it. Anyone else want to come out? There are 6 of them and they want to "party".

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The problem is that you guys have this wierd notion that women expect something!! It doesn't really matter because I can buy myself candy. flowers, lingerie that I actually like any time. I'd rather have nothing than something given begrudgingly. If it's such a big deal to be willing to buy someone you care about a $3 card then don't do it. She'll appreciate that more. And if you don't care for her don't do anything; what's the big deal?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    The problem is that you guys have this wierd notion that women expect something!! It doesn't really matter because I can buy myself candy. flowers, lingerie that I actually like any time. I'd rather have nothing than something given begrudgingly. If it's such a big deal to be willing to buy someone you care about a $3 card then don't do it. She'll appreciate that more. And if you don't care for her don't do anything; what's the big deal?
    You miss the point as always. Women even though they dont say it want SOMETHING and expect it. When I find someone I want to spend the rest of my life with, she is going to get random flowers and any given day, sometimes breakfast in bed, sometimes gifts, sometimes a massage or a day at the spa not because of a commercialized holiday but because I love her every day I spend with her.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Some women do expect something, though. Not all, probably not even most, but some. I see it as something to have fun with and refuse to ever stress about what I have or have not gotten, but I have encountered plenty of people who will freak the out if things don't go exactly the way they're "supposed" to.

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You miss the point as always. Women even though they dont say it want SOMETHING and expect it. When I find someone I want to spend the rest of my life with, she is going to get random flowers and any given day, sometimes breakfast in bed, sometimes gifts, sometimes a massage or a day at the spa not because of a commercialized holiday but because I love her every day I spend with her.
    I'm not missing anything. You keep saying "women". I'm a woman I don't care if I get anything or not. But should someone decide to give me something I couldn't care less if it was a gumball. As long as they give it sincerely.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Not all women do, though. We've all been socialized to assume that women take Valentine's Day seriously, and enough of them do to allow us to maintain that assumption, but it's not a universal. Plenty of women genuinely don't give a .

Where Everything Happens The Franchise's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Houston Rockets
    College
    Michigan Wolverines
    Good gravy, y'all are bitter. I think Valentine's Day is sweet and doesn't have to cost a lot of money. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure my husband's never referred to me as his or his ho. Maybe that's why he doesn't mind buying me some flowers once a year. If you really resent having to spend $9.99 on some gerbera daisies, you should find a different girl.
    Your absolutely right. It doesn't have to be expensive just touching in some way. If she is expecting diamonds or anything overpriced tell the christmas was two months ago.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Some women do expect something, though. Not all, probably not even most, but some. I see it as something to have fun with and refuse to ever stress about what I have or have not gotten, but I have encountered plenty of people who will freak the out if things don't go exactly the way they're "supposed" to.
    yeah that is pretty much every girl I dated

I'm not missing anything. You keep saying "women". I'm a woman I don't care if I get anything or not. But should someone decide to give me something I couldn't care less if it was a gumball. As long as they give it sincerely.
    thats just cause your an ugly cow and never got anything (see previous post about little fat girl in class that we HAD to give a valentine too haha)

Not all women do, though. We've all been socialized to assume that women take Valentine's Day seriously, and enough of them do to allow us to maintain that assumption, but it's not a universal. Plenty of women genuinely don't give a .
    yeah I think there are more that do than not. Its hard for guys to understand when women say "NO I really dont want anything" so when you dont they get all pissed. I mean come on we arent ing mind readers.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    your absolutely right. It doesn't have to be expensive just touching in some way. If she is expecting diamonds or anything overpriced tell the christmas was two months ago.
    lol

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    If it gets you laid, what's the problem?
    Oh yeah and btw its that time of the month so it wont be happening anyways.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    yeah I think there are more that do than not. Its hard for guys to understand when women say "NO I really dont want anything" so when you dont they get all pissed. I mean come on we arent ing mind readers.
    Well, that's all got to do with our social constructions of gender, and the way we're all brainwashed to have certain expectations of ourselves and others, and the fact that we're constantly striving to stay within the very strict and confining rules about how we're supposed to act, and...

. I'm taking way too many women's studies classes this semester.

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    yeah that is pretty much every girl I dated you must date only shallow women

thats just cause your an ugly cow and never got anything (see previous post about little fat girl in class that we HAD to give a valentine too haha)I always get something

yeah I think there are more that do than not. Its hard for guys to understand when women say "NO I really dont want anything" so when you dont they get all pissed. I mean come on we arent ing mind readers.again, it's the kind of skanks you frequent

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Well, that's all got to do with our social constructions of gender, and the way we're all brainwashed to have certain expectations of ourselves and others, and the fact that we're constantly striving to stay within the very strict and confining rules about how we're supposed to act, and...

. I'm taking way too many women's studies classes this semester.
    Yeah you are but you could teach some of us some of the secrets.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    you must date only shallow women

I always get something

again, it's the kind of skanks you frequent

1. Ok well maybe some of them have been shallow but not all of them

2. Damn Liar

3. I dont date skanks, I only love and leave the skanks. the skanks dont even expect dinner or anything. Most of them pay for their own drinks. They just want to get laid(you should be able to relate to that you skank).

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Yeah you are but you could teach some of us some of the secrets.
    There aren't that many secrets -- racial/gender/sexuality/class/etc. based differences are entirely socially constructed, and have been forever, in an attempt to ensure that the dominant group (in this country: White, middle class, straight, Christian males) maintains power. Voila.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    I got my heart broken a week before Valentines Day.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I got my heart broken a week before Valentines Day.
    Damn sorry to hear that bro

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Oh yeah and btw its that time of the month so it wont be happening anyways.
    Booooooooooooooooooooo! Lousy timing.

Thread Information